don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bolt7

bolt7

Looking at the early buyers XBL profile right now and they are indeed playing Sonic Generations. No doubting it wasn't sold early now. :v:

2. Tylinos

Tylinos

There were buzzsaws like that on the map screen for Planet Wisp, I think. I always thought it was kind of weird they weren't in the actual level, though. (Or they were in it and I'm just an idiot.)

3. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    The Buzzsaws were in the level that made use of the spike wisp. They prevented you from going over the map.

4. MastaSys

MastaSys

There were some yes, mainly to stop the "Spikes" power-up to go to places it shouldn't be.

5. diplomacydog

diplomacydog

What did I just read? Member
    South Carolina
    No :(
    I want that soundtrack so bad. It would make my night.

6. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    Too bad Steam couldn't sell copies early. I sure hope no major spoilers come my way.

7. diplomacydog

diplomacydog

What did I just read? Member
    South Carolina
    No :(
    Better not read this thread for the rest of the weekend. :specialed:

8. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Are you referring to this picture? As I don't recognise what level that's from (never played Colours). it almost looks like a Special Stage to me.

*edit* I think I know what screenshot you mean, but I'm still interested to know what part of the game this is from.

[​IMG]

9. Ceej

Ceej

Hey guys, I'm @Ceej64. I was planning on playing BF3 today but luck has it, Best Buy screwed up my SPECACT pre-order so I went in there to get it straightened out. After getting my code, I decided to look around. I wanted to pick up the Great Muppet Caper on DVD but as always I can't help but look at games :P I was just glancing at the Xbox 360 aisle, and saw the game sitting on the shelf. I was a little bit in shock. It was a slight distance, and I thought I might be looking at a pre-order box. But they don't put pre-order boxes in those plastic cases. So I picked it up and saw it was real. I was hoping they wouldn't catch the error at the register (they didn't) and was excited when the yellow shirt guy at the front took it out of the plastic case. I've played it for a short bit. My twitter feed has been CRAZY! There's still quite a few things I haven't figured out (challenge stages... where are they?) I haven't reached the first boss yet (need to beat Sky Sanc Act 2 first)

Twitter.com/Ceej64 is where I posted some initial impressions. I'll probably post some more when I finally get back to playing.

You guys did a heck of a job going through the code of the demo, but to be honest I don't know how to do any of that. I'd love to get the concept art and music :)

I'm also currently uploading a short video of Sky Sanctuary Act 1, the map screen (which is REALLY cool) and one of the cutscenes.

10. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    It's Speed Highway, running down the building.

11. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Aaaah, that would make sense. In a way it's a shame it doesn't look like we'll be getting any Special Zone (even though I have mixed feelings about them). I would've loved to see what they would've done with it in HD!

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Intro please?

13. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Lucky guy.

If you can upload the scene where Modern and Classic Sonic meet that would be great.

14. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Do you have an ETA for that? Sorry to be impatient, but I'm a bit giddy at all of this :v:

15. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Thanks in advance for the updates, Ceej. Welcome to Retro.

16. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'm partially to blame for that. :P I was the one who asked you about the manual, haha. Welcome to Retro!

By Challenge stages you're referring to the Missions, right? It may be different in the final release, but from what I've seen in previews, they're generally on platforms above the stage entrance. If you can't seem to get to any yet, well, I have no clue.

This would be incredibly appreciated. :v:

17. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I just checked, the ones blocking Spikes don't match the ones on the Map screen, but the buzz saws in Generation match the map, right down to the arm. I wonder if Planet Wisp will end up being harder. :ssh:

18. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Called my Best Buy, they said they didn't have it in but going down there anyway to check if it's on the shelves or not. If it is, expect a stream of the game.

19. Kori-Maru

Kori-Maru

Curien Mansion
    Project Sega Mugen for M.U.G.E.N
    @Ceej
    Think you could use a audio in line to record some of the music from the collection room and reach to Modern City Escape?

20. Ceej

Ceej

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Yeah in the video I'm uploading I discover the area above the stages, and the Genesis console (which you need the controller from the item shop to play I'm guessing)

I tried to avoid as many spoiler vids as possible so some of it is new to me :)

I'm at 36% upload. It's HD Video, tripod 40" Mitsubishi (no capture card, sorry) It was looking good until I bumped the tripod and the brightness button on the camera :P

I'll take another one of the intro and another cutscene (which is all I've unlocked movie-wise) I also unlocked my first song and I'm not sure how. I think that the red rings (like the ones from Sonic Colors) unlock songs and that the order of what you unlock is determined by accumulation, and not per stage.

FYI here's what you can unlock in the collection room...

13 cutscenes

130 concept arts

50 sound test songs

14 character bios

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.