don't click here

General Project Thread & Feedback

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by steveswede, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    We've been posting all our news to the Facebook page first since there's more people following it at this point. I'm by no means ignoring Sonic Retro, since I check this forum about every other day. Even so, there's not much to tell here that I haven't already stated. Per the demo release, we're aiming for one before the end of the year. Sorry, I can't be more specific than that until the last niggling roadblocks are resolved. I explained long ago that we couldn't make a Q1 release and why, and it was far more than only a small issue. Since then we've been keeping quiet on a stricter timeframe; we learned our lesson on that back in Janurary. We're not going to try building hype for something we're not 24 hours from guaranteeing.

2. Strike Da Mic

Strike Da Mic

Illustrator / Musician Member
    Niederglatt, Switzerland
    GameRights.ch, Sonic 2 HD
    I assume I'm not the first one to ask, but - who made the Special Stage Remake used in the teaser trailer? It's simply great. Can I download it anywhere? I'm asking here since my question on the S2HD FB got gracefully deleted ;-)
    Hope you people are still at it, it's a great project. I haven't been able to participate, since I'm pretty busy with a political gaming project in my country, and I study law, so ... -.-

3. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Tee Lopes did

Here is what he has done for S2HD, the special stage is in there at around 4:32:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GGQPKwKeww

4. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

Your post didn't get deleted Strike Da Mic, I just didn't immediately respond to it (or if it really was deleted, I wasn't logged into the staff account when it happened) -- I've answered the music question so many times now that it just gets old repeating the information. I suppose I should just add it to the FAQ page, but considering no on seems to read that either... The only posts I've been deleting lately have been the spam posts (You can earn $1000/day from home!), and before that the abusive ones. Not much of the latter in the past couple months fortunately.

It's utterly bizarre to us on staff how we'll go for a couple weeks without posting a 'major update' and people think the project is in danger of being abandoned. I just said we'd have big news concerning the demo release in the coming weeks, and even that wasn't enough. That said, I'm glad you're still checking in to see how things are going. The things we've seen lately happen just in the past few weeks have all the staff incredibly excited, and we can't wait to show off what's been accomplished.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Question: Will there be a Mac version?

6. Strike Da Mic

Strike Da Mic

Illustrator / Musician Member
    Niederglatt, Switzerland
    GameRights.ch, Sonic 2 HD
    Oh my. I'm a really huge fan of ScubaSteve's work, but some of this ... I'm like in a religious dilemma now :D CPZ is too mellow for my taste though. Still, awesome AWESOME remakes. Thanks for the link! :D
    OK, no hard feelings. I understand why you say that. It's just that, considering this info, maybe updating the approved music thread, would help? I think some of the links are even dead - or maybe it's just my connection -.-
    That's just how people are. Someone is always first to go "Hey, haven't heard anything in a while, project dead?" - Others catch on, and so on. We've been doing a lot of background work in my project too, and it took around two weeks for the first "OMFG ABANDONED??"-storm. :) I hope I can participate more, but looking at my schedule, I don't know.

... just listening to Tee Lopes' rendition of Oil Ocean. God, so good.

7. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    Good God, Tee Lopes has nailed Casion Night, Oil Ocean, Sky Chase and Flying Fortress. They're perfect!

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Last I heard it was Windows only.

9. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

For the foreseeable future, S2HD's releases will be Windows only. We've had enough interest in a Mac version to consider setting time aside to have it ported eventually, but it is not currently a priority, and likely will not be until the core game has been completed.

We're glad that most people are just as thrilled with the music for the game as we are! Tee is an incredible musician, and his passion and talent come through strongly in what he has produced thus far.

10. McGuirk

McGuirk

The Egg-Man Cometh. Member
    Fort Worth, Texas, USA
    Making a Full-Sized Egg Carrier in Minecraft.
    Holy shit, Tee Lopes is incredible. I even enjoyed CPZ, which I am normally hyper-judgmental of (though it could have been better). But everything else, especially the second half, was fantastic. Are these the tracks being used in S2HD?

11. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

Yes, all the work heard in that Youtube video has been on my hard drive for the better part of a year waiting on permission from Tee to let people know about it. There's only a few tracks that are uncompleted at this point.

12. Retroman

Retroman

You are doing a fine job! I love your work, and I'm not going to nit-pick, but you basically smashed every HD title out there with only a handful of forum members (and contributers and whatnot)

This game would be really good! So anyone of you guys are planning to go to the gaming industry after this? The work there would make a great portfolio!

Also, one question: Will the demo release have the mp3 files included, so people can replace any music with their own?

Can't wait for release! :)

BTW Love the Sonic Retro HD video!

13. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

We're certainly planning to include S2HD's score with a later release, but the way the game is built currently does not allow for a la carte replacement of any in-game assets.

14. Hamneggs

Hamneggs

Official Breakfast of S2HD Member
    TEXAS
    Networked lighting
    So the sound engine was fixed, now what? It's way too quiet in here...

15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Christmas release. Calling it.

16. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Instead of putting updates only on the Facebook page, it would be nice if they were put here as well. Largely because Facebook news feed walls are now a fucking mess since they combined the top news with the latest news, I barely pay attention to my wall anymore since I now rely on lists and I can't put things I follow in lists, only friends. Sucks too, but blame Facebook for becoming shitty.

17. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

When we've got the news everyone is waiting for, rest assured it will be posted here.

18. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    So, I take it the demo versions of the songs aren't being used? I personally think it would be a good idea to use them (edited to be closer to the final version's structure and tempo, of course).

Not that it matters though.

19. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

The music we'll be using has already been linked to in this thread. What demo versions are you referring to?

20. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I think he means the versions on the recent sonic 1 and 2 album. Those would've been my first pick, personally, until I actually heard them :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.