don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    I've had absolutely no issues keeping track of Sonic, in both classic and modern Green Hill.

(That is, of course, when I'm not deliberately stopping Sonic from moving in order to gaze at the fucking beautiful waterfalls and other me gusta scenery stuffs.)

2. The fact that Sonic reflects whatever colour is around him doesn't help though. That didn't happen in the old games. Obviously that was because they couldn't do it, but it does work better.

Note that I am not arguing against the game, it's just something to take into consideration.

3. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    Is the TimeEater sucking up Sonic's friends? Would be cool if after you defeated him and rescued them you also discover that he sucked up Ray, Mighty and Nack.

4. Nova

Nova

Wouldn't it be cooler if by defeating him, they all never came back. :v:

5. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    If anything leaks, it had better be the soundtrack first and foremost.

6. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Hey guys, I'm back from the Paris Event (Paris Games Week).
    Mind if I share some pictures?

http://steevespaces.free.fr/sonic/IMG_1299.JPG

http://steevespaces.free.fr/sonic/IMG_1300.JPG
    So... I played the 3DS version... And I must say, I was very impressed. The classic level actually plays fine. Better than I expected. Also, it look beautiful on the 3DS screen. Really.

http://steevespaces.free.fr/sonic/IMG_1301.JPG

http://steevespaces.free.fr/sonic/IMG_1302.JPG

http://steevespaces.free.fr/sonic/IMG_1309.JPG
    Fun fact : there were 4 Xbox with Sonic CD, and people seemed to enjoy it better than Sonic Generation.

http://steevespaces.free.fr/sonic/IMG_1325.JPG
    The conference...

http://steevespaces.free.fr/sonic/IMG_1328.JPG

http://steevespaces.free.fr/sonic/IMG_1332.JPG
    Yeah, I got my Sonic Generation Poster signed by Izuka. I even managed to say to him "thanks for bringing back Classic Sonic"

By the way, I recorded the full conference from today, but I saw there are already some on youtube. Do you want me to upload it anyway? He is showing all the levels in the hub world, Rooftop gameplay. Also he said it was the final build. Also : he didn't say anything about making others Sonic classic games. But he did say that we would unlock 100 levels with street pass on the 3DS version. (Yeah, he said "levels" but 100 sounds really too much. Maybe that's some mini levels or something)

Oh, and also : french sonic fans are Reeeeeaaaaally dumb. No joke.

7. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    I don't mind to be honest, watching Sonic Generations is far far more enjoyable than actually playing it.

8. Rokkan

Rokkan

I have to agree that discerning foreground with background on GHZ can be difficult at times. There were two instances in which I legitimately thought there was a platform on the foreground only to notice it was just part of the background. They could have applied something so that things on the foreground could look bluer, you know, like in here:

[​IMG]

But that only happens on far away backgrounds, and the background on Classic GHZ is pretty close to the foreground, making the whole scenery look too clustered and not that easy to tell what is background and what is foreground. Sure, because this is a game with 3D graphics you can tell what is background and what isn't a lot easier than if this was a 2D game, but it still wasn't much of a good graphical design decision.

9. Vandelay

Vandelay

Say Vandelay!
    Damn it, I want that picture in 1080P

10. dsrb

dsrb

Maybe not if you were to link them rather than in-lining, I mean Jesus.

11. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Perhaps the background is kind of problematic, but just get a 3D set and turn on the 3D. THAT will fix it! :v:

Though in all seriousness, Green Hill Zone is and was a short level people blast through to get to the meat of the game. It could be colored like Sonic Paynt for all I care, it's not like any of us Sonic experts are going to be trapped in it forever.

12. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Yup, sorry about that!

13. Steven M

Steven M

Lighten up, at least it wasn't a junk .iso torrent or some Sonic xTreme prank again.

14. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    The console version of the game will probably get leaked during the week as usual for 360/PS3 games.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I have noticed some fixes in the most current demo in comparison to his video, including the following.

1. The backgrounds have motion blur applied to them
    2. That awful looking stretched out checkered pattern on the slope shown at the bottom of GHZ near the beginning has been fixed
    3. That wooden loop has been fixed.

Also in addition I've noticed some other things fixed that he didn't mention, or other things that were changed for whatever reason
    4. Turning around on slopes often resulted in you running facing an odd angle. This has been fixed
    5. You seem to be able to react faster after hitting a spring than in the older build. This causes some odd occurrences in the super jump cave. I jumped off the farthest slope to the left while running off of it and you go flying. I almost reached the upper path o_0

The odd motion blur problems still exist with Sonic though, and while I agree with the crouch button I still like the insta spindash button.

And did he really use Sonic 4 as an example for 60 fps gameplay? Well no shit it is that game looks like ass, it better be 60 fps, else it wouldn't have much going for it.

16. serpx

serpx

Let's see ... game releases in about 9 days ... I'll give it about 5 before it actually leaks out for real. I'll be surprised if it makes it to November 1st without being leaked.

Edit: Just realized that's next week. Nice. Nice. I'm really hopeful this game is replayable for years rather than weeks. None of these recent Sonic games have been too replayable for me since Sonic Adventure 2. Don't own a Wii, otherwise I'm sure Sonic Colors would be a contestant.

17. I'm colorblind and I have absolutely no problems keeping track of Sonic. therewas one time when I thought I could land on a background piece, but that's it. Sonic sticks out like a sore blistered beating thumb.

I mean, you're center camera majority of the time too. I don't get Kogen's or anyone else's problem.

18. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Eh, not too much. After you get all the Red Rings there's not much left to do besides get the S ranks, if that's your thing. Though it is fun to play through the challenge mode. Every level in a row, uninterrupted.

I hope SonGen has a challenge mode.

19. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I've never not once had trouble distinguishing Sonic from something in the background. During the June demo I thought a piece of background after being launched in the air from the S-tube was a platform and it wasn't, but that's it.

20. Problems that REALLY aren't there. Generations is a legitimate GOOD game. To average gamers it's a decent, fun, playable video game. To Sonic fans it's the second coming of Christ. If November 1st proves me wrong and this game is terrible then sega can eat my shit and shit out my shit and then eat THEIR shit which is made up of MY shit that I made them eat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.