don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    The file name was originally "getitaway.png" :3

That said, Perfect Chaos reminds me of "Pure Evil" from the 6th Pokemon movie. If unsuprisingly nobody knows what I'm talking about, it was this crackhead scientist's attempt to make Groudon, a giant lizard beast, from a fragment of its DNA. It ended up making this semi-liquid life sapping monster that had cyan tenticles that snatched any form of life and consumed it, basically. It also had the creepy "drippy mouth." (Shit, older Pokemon was actually pretty dark.) The tenticles that Perfect Chaos has, his new armor, and the way he moves... As well as certain changes to his phisique, remind me of that beast I just mentioned. :P

Anyone else see a comparison? Here's a few images (in spoiler because they're kinda big):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. serpx

serpx

Just wondering ... do we know for a fact that each boss fight doesn't have a Modern/Classic component? I thought it'd be super cool to fight Chaos with classic Sonic, or Metal Sonic with Modern Sonic.

3. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    More like this guy...

EDIT: Also I realized it would be interesting to see how these bosses are fought, since you originally fought Perfect Chaos as Super, and you originally fought Egg Dragoon as Werehog, but in Generations you fight them as regular.

4. Chimera

Chimera

Castlevania prettyness
    Drapion? Seriously? I personally don't see that o.o

In other news, thanks to my watchful eye, I was able to nab this from the video..

[​IMG]

So we DON'T boost up Chaos to hit his brain? A little disappointing; though granted it could be like the Death Egg boss where you DO boost to hit his brain, but then Chaos decides to change things up somehow and you have to hit him externally instead. Would make the fight much more interesting and fun, and would please people who wanted to decimate Chaos from the inside in HD/3D/Both.

EDIT: How the fuck is that city going to get rebuilt...

5. MastaSys

MastaSys

Speaking of watchful eyes Eggman rises inside Egg-Dragoon without the Egg Mobile, clearly a mistake being in a weird floating pose, and he appears with the Egg Mobile in a latter shot.
    No way that mistake is going to be in the final game (I hope so) with the palm-tree in the roof on the old trailer I'm starting to think they really want to troll us. XD

6. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I would imagine once they destroy the Time Eater, it'll put everything back to how it was before.

I still don't get the idea behind the TE making everything look "chalk white" - when we haven't seen anything remotely looking like that... unless that's the hub world it's referring to (but I kind've thought that was technically 'outside of time')?

7. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Well, it's the easiest way to represent the various time periods being restored to order, the whole returning-color-to-a-chalk-white-world sort of thing. Not very original, but what the hell, it does its job. Trying to take this premise seriously at all would be a headache, so I'm just going to chalk it up as game-logic.

8. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    ...oh dear. Did anyone else notice WHERE the Time Eater appeared?

God dammit if we lose our Green Hill Zone to that fucker it's onnnnnnn

9. MastaSys

MastaSys

Also he...it... have clockwork behind him, might be part of him, maybe our Monster-of-the-week may be an Machine, or at least partial.
    (Or just part of the whole time motif...)

EDIT: Found a good shot of it in some meh wiki

10. Chimera

Chimera

Castlevania prettyness
    icwatudidthar

Anyways, another thing (yay more screens), He's actually not being so smart for an evil genius.

[​IMG]
    GREAT IDEA EGGMAN.

That aside, here you can see that the Shadow battle is more of the Ark in its entirety (this was a 5-frame shot practically, hence why I screencapped it)
    [​IMG]

11. MastaSys

MastaSys

Just see a few frames early and when the Dragoon appears again in the vid after other bosses (also the original he's on the Egg Mobile)

12. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Uncanny resemblance to the Biolizard: lizard, red skin, body shape, yellow mouth interior, green tubes.

13. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    Someone pointed this out on SSMB but...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The boss doors have the same gears that the Time Eater has, coincidence?

14. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    Sonic Adventure Sonic differs from Sonic Heroes Sonic, Riders Sonic, Sonic 06 Sonic, and the Unleashed (aka Modern) Sonic. So no, that is not fair.

Also what about Pocket Adventure? Mega Collection? Sonic 4? And so on. 'Classic Sonic' never left and has sold well into the double digit millions. I remember Sonic 1 mobile sold 14 million, for example.

If anything, 'Classic Sonic' has been selling more, just not having any new entries often.

15. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    In gameplay, yes. In character design (which is where Generations is really splitting it), they're all intended to be basically the same with minor stylistic differences.

Pocket Adventure was modern Sonic, the collections are just compilations of games from those seven years, and Sonic 4 is still modern Sonic.

16. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    I was been wondering… after Generations what whould Sega do? Starting a new Sonic Era? Sega would be considering a new Sonic design? If in the end of Generations C.Sonic fuses with M.Sonic?

17. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Well of course Classic Sonic has been selling more, SEGA keeps rereleasing the same game on every platform under the sun (With the strange exception of Android), I don't see them doing the same with the Modern games (quality issues of post SA2 games aside).

Sonic Adventure has been the most re-released modern game, three times (4 if we count Adventure International), I lost count of how many times has Sonic 1 been re-released.

18. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Sonic CD is coming out on Android soon.

19. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    They will release Sonic Generations 2 in 2031 with even more Green Hill and even more Green Eyes.

20. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Was speaking about Sonic 1 but yes, Sonic CD is coming to Android soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.