don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I hope that's another extra in the Collectors Edition, that box looks rad.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

However it's coming, you can rest assured that it's seeing Spain.

3. Hmm I'm confused, so there's going to be bosses/minibosses every other stage now? So like, no boss for GreenHill zone but for Chemical Plant zone and so on? Or is it just that they haven't revealed all the bosses?

4. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

Every era has a Rival Boss and a traditional Boss to fight, and this isn't including the supposed Final Boss with Time Eater.

5. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    There's a rival battle and a boss battle per era, and each is a major rival/boss from that era. Genesis/Mega Drive: Metal Sonic & Death Egg Robot, Dreamcast: Shadow & Perfect Chaos, Modern: Silver & Egg Dragoon (which this time around is like an Eggman Megazord of sorts, sporting other final bosses from past 3D games).

EDIT: Ninjazord'd.

6. Ah thanks Indigo and SW, I was just confused because I thought they were supposed to have at least a miniboss/boss or so after each zone, then a rival somewhere along the line. I guess the whole Death Egg after sky sanctuary threw me off =P. Thanks for clearing that up.

7. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

I do have to say, though, the fact that Classic is getting 2 boss fights while Modern is getting 4 may be the first and only major gripe I have with this game. It just seems unbalanced, couldn't they have given the Silver boss to Classic Sonic or something? Actually, it'd be so freaking cool to see Classic take on Perfect Chaos. That'd plant a nice retarded grin on my face, I tell you h'what.

8. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Remember: Sonic has been around for twenty years. Classic Sonic was only around for about seven of them. It only makes sense that "modern" Sonic gets more representation.

9. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

I understand that reasoning, but from a gameplay standpoint, you'd expect the game to be divided in half by Classic and Modern styles. Half of the game is played in 2D, and half in 3D, that's how it was advertised. That's why I find it a bit odd that they didn't disperse the bosses in half. With the reasoning that "modern" gets more representation, then why should Classic even be playable post-Genesis era?

10. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I think the simple answer is, they didn't want to make two versions of each boss fight. Stages are different, there's almost always been multiple acts. But it'd be a bit silly to make you beat each boss twice to advance, so they just gave the bosses to whichever Sonic originally fought them.

11. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

I guess. But it would have made more sense, in my opinion, to keep things divided in half. 3 boss fights per Sonic. It's just bothering the little OCD kleptomaniac inside of me. :v:

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Technically though, there aren't two "eras" though, are there? There's 3: Classic, Dreamcast, Modern.

If you put 2 bosses to each of these, and use the designs used for each of these, you get 2 for Original and 4 for "Generic". It does make sense.

13. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    hey guys I found the identity of the time eater

[​IMG]

it makes sense rite

14. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    True. If you look at it this way, There's been more of a green eyes era then a classic era.
    So, if I'm right, there's more bosses (?)

15. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Sorry, I got you beat.

[​IMG]

16. What the hell is that thing?

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Irrelevant, and iirc from the Nightmare Before Christmas. Let's not try to descend too far off topic. =P

18. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Classic Sonic's expression here is priceless.

19. He is the shadow on the moon at night

Filling your dreams to the brim with fright

[​IMG]

Back on topic, though, can someone seriously answer my question? I don't recall seeing any SEGA reps say that the bosses would be restricted to one Sonic only! And also, didn't we see some new-ish CG artwork of Modern Metal Sonic? Pretty sure that means we'll be fighting Modern Metal Sonic with Modern Sonic maybe!

20. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    I don't see why people are bitching about this boss stuff.
    I'm sorry, I'm a classicfag, but I'm realist as well... The modern Sonic boss battles, I think, are the only thing that they're doing better than in the classic games. I mean, ok, most of the new games plays like shit on the stages... But let's face it the 3D perspective adds something that weren't possible on the classic games, this "depth" that you have to play with. Some of the bosses are kinda of lame and easy, but for example, the Unleashed ones... They're pretty good, actually. The classic era didn't had this depht added to it because of the 2D, so most of the bosses were the same thing, the same patterns and stuff. "Avoid the thing that hurts you, wait til' Robotnik comes down and attack him". While the 3D ones you have to avoid a lot of shit going on the screen and time right some of your moves...
    The only time that I'd felt some depht on a boss fight in a classic game was on Mushroom Hill Zone, where you had to dodge that spike pilars while going after Robotnik.

I dunno dudes, I'm actually happy that there are more modern bosses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.