don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    They've been doing this since Unleashed.

2. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
  3. Eggomaticwaffles

Eggomaticwaffles

Oldbie
    I'd have to agree about the classic end of zone Eggman battles being represented...we got kind of a shoddy/shitty variation on them with S4 but it'd be insanely cool to fight CLASSIC Eggman in one of his classic vehicles. I wouldn't even ask for much reimagining -- hell, I'd love to see a variation on the Emerald Hill Zone vehicle...as simple and easy as it was, it's pretty iconic for a lot of people (like many oldbies, it was my first introduction to Sonic/Robotnik during Xmas '92!) and having these in there as additional 'acts' would be pretty stellar.

It doesn't feel right to complain about much of anything at this point - as they really have outdone themselves in more ways than we could've ever hoped for - but this and the absence of Classic Knux seems like the one outstanding oversight.

4. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    It's meant to match the way Sonic looks in hand drawn art, with his mouth to the side.

5. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    I agree Classic Knuckles deserves a part in this, he played an integral role in what is possibly the greatest of the original trilogy games. He could have been tricked by the Eggmen to hassle the Sonics throughout the game, come to think of it.

No? Silver instead?

okay.jpg

6. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    Have you played the Egg Dragoon bosses before? This is just the falling sections during them.

And about the mouth, I think I was just caught off guard since Sonic's mouth was open. I noticed the smirk has always been like that.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    ...You have been on SSMB haven't you? :v:

8. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    And since Sonic Heroes in the CGI cutscenes, as far as I can remember. I always remember being weirded out that, in Heroes through '06, they went with the side-mouth look in the CG but the front-mouth in-game. Was glad to see Unleashed bring back some consistency in that regard. = )

Also, to keep on-topic: Boss trailer looks pretty, ehm, boss. = D Perfect Chaos looks pretty different, but still recognisable and incredibly badass. Looking forward to testing my mettle against these babies...!

9. Spitfire

Spitfire

lol, sonic Oldbie
    New Jersey
    aint got shit.
    I've never gone through this Greenman site. If I was to pre-order there am I able to redeem the game on my Steam account when it launches?

10. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Don't get me wrong. I agree that Blaze's backstory not being established properly is unpleasant. I just don't believe it's a deal breaker (same for Cream). :P

The line of reasoning used for the continuity is pretty obvious: Sonic Team alone as developers. Advance / Rush have Dimps listed, so they are maybes.

ONTOPIC: Still no whiff of modern Sky Sanctuary? What could possibly be the reason for such secrecy?

I hope I'm not setting myself for disappointment.

Going super?

11. Eggomaticwaffles

Eggomaticwaffles

Oldbie
    I'm thinking that Sky Sanctuary Act 2 could very well play a major role in bridging the gap between SS and the eventual Death Egg Robot battle. There's no way Classic Sonic is randomly going to appear in space, running in the Death Egg without rhyme or reason (be it a cutscene/scenic transition/etc...)

I think there's still an overarching narrative that we've not even begun to touch on that ST is waiting to unveil. It's also the reason why I think they're OK with revealing as many rivals/bosses prior to launch, as they still know we have NO idea what the actual storyline and dynamic of the gameplay will be. There's still PLENTY of mystery and intrigue to this game my friends...and it's pretty effing exciting!

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Steam is required, so yes.

13. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Just a thought, AFAIK we know nothing about a lot of the missions in the game, besides the character-centric missions.

What if there are missions for Classic Sonic where instead of a signpost, there's a Eggman mech at the end of the level and you have to beat it to finish the level?

14. Eggomaticwaffles

Eggomaticwaffles

Oldbie
    Now THAT my friends would be prettayy, prettayyy...prettyy good!
    [​IMG]

15. Uh, what's with everyone saying that Classic Sonic has two bosses and Modern has 4?

Didn't Sega say that they'd both be fighting the same bosses, only different versions of them or something?

Or was that deconfirmed?

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    We know that some of the missions are pretty much completely different acts.

17. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I was referring to what looked like Sonic going Super, in space.

18. [​IMG]

Oh wow, pretty neat.. very classy.

http://www.sonicparadise.net/2011/10/espana-consigue-tu-camiseta-especial-de.html

19. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    America just keeps getting screwed, huh?

20. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I think you're overthinking it just a little bit, here. The game involves time holes. Since canonically, the Death Egg Robot boss didn't even happen anywhere NEAR Sky Sanctuary, it might actually make more sense if Classic Sonic just jumped through a hubworld portal and materialized inside the the Death Egg, looking around like "Hey, what the fuck just happened?" before the boss starts.

You know, I get the sense from the pre-boss/post-boss cutscenes we've seen that the story will be even more minimalistic than Sonic Colors's was. I also think that has a better chance of working with this kind of game than a story that tries to take itself "seriously." Still, my fingers are crossed for some good cutscenes... I just don't expect it to work too hard when it comes to plot depth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.