don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excluding Death Egg Robot and possibly Perfect Chaos, this game sure is Sonic Advance 2 in terms of bosses.

EVERYTHING is god damn moving. Constantly running and stuff. I don't mind it, but as with SAdv2, there's very little variety in the attack patterns. Jump / dodge attacks, wait until you're behind them or whatever, attack.

Also stop moaning about perfect chaos. He looks fine. For all we know, this could have been the way they initially wanted him to look, given the hardward restrictions of the time. Giving him an elective blue texture all over would be a bit odd if you asked me.

2. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    I said I could understand the complaints, because he is legitimately different. I still like the new design, and much prefer it to his original design, but I can understand why people don't like it. :V

3. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    He's got the water shit going. The only thing different is that he has a special helmet now.

I also don't see how fighting him as regular Sonic makes it any less intense. The impact of that moment was all in SA. Repeating the exact same thing again isn't going to make it better.

4. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Maybe- but seeing as how the only way to defeat him was positive chaos energy (Super Sonic) beating him without going Super is kind of weird. Unless they find a way to explain it away. Either way it's gonna be kinda jarring for me, at least.

5. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Maaan, bosses look great, 3 more weeks and it will be miiineee

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's pretty much saying, "Where are your Chaos Emeralds now, rat?"

In other words, you're getting a look at how the fight could have gone if the Emeralds didn't get deus ex'd back into power by using... (sigh)... "THE POWER OF LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP! POSITIVE ENERGY!"

7. Off camera Aaron Webber confirmed Classic Robotnik being involved in some way, as well as it being a birthday party for Sonic in the opening BUT no age is stated, so he's not actually twenty. The five years since colors thing might be bs, even though this game probably does take place a while after colors.

About perfect chaos, he said that's how the design team from adventure originally imagined him looking, but couldn't do it with the DC's hardware, so they made him completely water and had the cutscene model match the in game model for consistency.

8. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Just noticed something about
    Time Eater. He has Gears sticking out of him like a... Clock.

That Egg Dragoon fight will be fun though. Since Eggman deems it Invincible against Sonic. (And the only reason he won was because of his "Powers")

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Clockwork Zone? :p

10. Retroman

Retroman

I don't give a shit about chaos's different appearance, this. game. looks. FUCKING. SICK! (egorapter-halo reach voiced)

And the cutscenes, omg SEGA now THIS is how you make a fan-game for fan-boys/girls (and others, as important)

Sega,

11. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    I agree that there are too many running bosses, but why's that a bad thing? SAdv2's bosses got legitimately difficult (ICE PARADISE, SKY CANYON, TECHNO BASE, ICE PARADISE) and the attack patterns, while simple, were still challenging to slip through. Again, Ice Paradise always gives me trouble no matter who I play as.

On the plus side, I approve of Perfect Chaos's redesign. Probable Tikal cameo?

12. serpx

serpx

Perfect Chaos looks perfect, I love his new design. It is very menacing, and I personally feel the new look destroys his original CGI design. I can't wait to witness that boss fight.

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Yup. That new look is pretty damn awesome. Bravo, Sonic Team.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Awww I was hoping that the Egg Dragoon would be a classic Sonic fight. Now the boss battle ratio is 2:1 Modern. Still though, all these bosses are looking pretty damn sexy, I love the selection they chose, and as far as the Egg Dragoon is concerned, damn talk about an overhaul from the Werehog battle. This one may be difficult, or maybe it's hard to tell since idk what's going on with that thing.

Also this trailer confirms one thing for me. God damn Modern Tails is ugly in comparison to classic. Classic Tails looks cute and adorable, Modern Tails looks like some awkward preteen nerd... which I guess kind of makes sense, but still. Ugly

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I can't get over how incredible all of that looked. I officially approve of super badass Perfect Chaos. I can't decide if I'm more excited to face him or the Egg Dragoon, they both look so intense.

Music in the trailer was generic dark trailer music/Time Eater boss music I assume?

16. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

I love how Modern Tails ducks behind Sonic with a cowardly look on his face while cute little Classic Tails just stands there with his face displaying an "oooh, pretty!" emotion. XD

17. Tongara

Tongara

Fuck YOU! Banned
    Birmingham, UK
    Zorbtech Productions
    [​IMG]
    =
    [​IMG]
    :colbert:

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Yup. We've been over this many a time already.

19. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Why would it be Classic Robotnik? Wouldn't Modern Sonic's existence prove that it doesn't work? Wouldn't Modern Robotnik know about the plan all along?

20. Tongara

Tongara

Fuck YOU! Banned
    Birmingham, UK
    Zorbtech Productions
    I've seen no one else post a screen of it with that concept art, but yeah, okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.