don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raia

Raia

Try to construct a Keio Saturn > PSX converter and mod a Sega Saturn Arcade stick
    True, they(or if I'm not mistake Iizuka) said it was under consideration, but at that time I'd imagined all the levels were already decided. The question on my mind though is which 2 remaining games will get represented in the 3DS version, I'd wager it would be Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors.

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I don't think you would get a Classic Robotnik avatar costume for winning the game if he didn't play some kind of big role in the game.

Definitely more than a signpost and Death Egg boss I would think.

3. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    Well atleast it looks like the input lag in the ps3 version has been sorted :) (by the looks of that gamespot vid)

It was my biggest worry about the game tbh .

4. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Wait a minute...
    pausing at 0:24, a hud appears. It has slots for Chaos Emeralds, the green one already gotten with the Emeralds image from Colours to the left of it. Wonder how they're collected?

5. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    Considering Knuckles, they could have at least had him at the start of Sky Sanctuary Zone. They really just do not seem to care and would rather make Silver and Sonic 06 a big plot point with Iblis demons.

On that point, I am curious to see what the Sonic 06 level will be like for Classic Sonic since it seems so unfitting. Will Classic Sonic really be killing demons?

For Tails, maybe it might be an unlockable as that is impossible to know. I remember seeing a mention of it in the demo files. But still, I would rather it a main feature that gets full attention instead of tacked-on afterthought. Time Eater is again still too vague to guess at.

Something that also bothered me about Big Arms is that the music is far longer than the boss battle. I can only hope they use the music again later or have a really well done hard mode (supposedly this exists?).

6. Take a second to recall that trailer that ended with Modern Tails and Classic Tails following close behind Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic. Might this be a reference to the ability to have Tails follow you?

Also, Classic Knuckles and Mecha Sonic not being in Sky Sanctuary might have to do with the fact that it wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with the story? Those weren't set pieces for the levels, they helped us further the story. We still don't have many details about the story, so we'll just have to see. The Death Egg looming in the background might have to do with that boss battle's placement in this storyline. Remember people, the space/time continuum has been royally fucked by Mr. Eater, this isn't a Now That's What I Call Sonic collection of levels, this is a game all it's own with it's own story.

7. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    The problem with this though, is that the whole 'going back to the past levels' is a major plot point of the story. If the Death Egg is anywhere near Angel Island at any time in the past, then why wouldn't the Knuckles from whatever-time-they-are-currently-in investigate? Because all the characters were transported to the past, there inevitably must be two versions of at least Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge, Big (who's past version probably won't be shown), and the Chaotix, because their debut games occurred before the events of the beginning of this game (and because of the two different Sonics and Tails'). Therefore, because Knuckles perpetually lives on Angel Island, a version of him would be there whenever in time they land in Sky Sanctuary. However, I still think that certain problems like these would be filled-out/explained in the cut-scenes.

8. SmashFGM

SmashFGM

9. Has anyone made the theory that the lack of classic characters aside from Tails could be due to the story of the game? It would be interesting if the Classic time setting takes place between Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 (Meeting Tails for the first time, but before they have their romp on Westside Isle). Thus, everything they go through in Generations, in the realm of classic stages, are just a taste of what they'll actually go through whenever they return to their own time. It gives them motivation to pursue Angel Island, save Amy, etc. It's wibbly wobbly timey stuff.

And since Sonic CD now takes place way out of the way after Sonic 1/2, it makes even more sense. Sega's always one step ahead ;3

10. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    It's really like nobody read the update on the front page way back when, after PAX! I interviewed Ken (Not Patrick Riley) Balough a second time at PAX and he cleared up EVERYTHING. CD's place in the timeline HAS NOT FUCKING CHANGED. It's assumed to be in between Sonic 1 and 2, and even Ken understands it that way. What he meant was that Sonic CD is a predecessor to Sonic 4, just like Sonic 1, 2 and 3. Sonic CD's story is just so intergral to S4E2 that they're rereleasing CD in time for S4E2's announcement so that new fans know what's going on with Metal's reappearance, and why it's so important.

Now stop spreading this bullshit.

In case nobody believes me.

11. Interesting. You Retro folks are sure thorough with Hedgehog information. That throws a wrench in my theory then. Can't wait till November!

My apologies *readjusts collar*

12. HelenBaby

HelenBaby

Here's part 1 of my Eurogamer round-up for the site I write for (PlusXp). It includes my impressions of Sonic Generations, which I must say I was very impressed with! : http://www.plusxp.com/2011/09/helenbabys-eurogamer-coverage-part-1/

13. Didn't that German video show the emeralds in it as well? Sure I've seen somewhere that there were emeralds in the hub on the game. Curious as hell how you get the emeralds and if it has anything to do with the red rings. Well not long left to find out in person.

14. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    Sorry for being so blunt about it, but I've seen several people spreading the misinformation (that I am responsible for) even after I cleared it up, making it seem like my efforts to have it cleared up have been in vain.

Maybe I should include a link to that update in my sig saying "Sonic CD's place in the timeline has not changed" so that the likelihood of people having seen the update would increase.

Anyways, yes, the Chaos Emerald hub was seen in the 30 minute preview. Somehow, some way, you get the Chaos Emeralds in the HD version of the game. It's assumed to be through the story or through the red rings, as I'm pretty sure they that confirmed no special stages are in the HD version.

15. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    It's really hard to tell. If it goes the traditional route, by having the Chaos Emeralds simply be collected over the course of the story, and using at the end for the final boss fight, that means the in-game Super Sonics would be selectable immediately after completing the main campaign, which I currently think you can just beat the main stages Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic and finish that way, to the extremes of beating every single stage and sidequest of a single Sonic. However, 18 main stages and 7 bosses is fairly short to get all that power to collect the rest of the Red Rings with ease, since I cannot forsee any sort of Colors-esque limitations like no Wisps. It could also go the Colors route, by having the main story have nothing to do with the Super Sonic(s) but have them as an unlockable for completing all the side quests. However, I don't think Sega would pass up the opportunity to pass up a team-up of the Super Sonics for a final boss fight which looks to be from what little we know a big ol' baddy. It could be some manner within those two extremes, or a complete tangent.

tldr; I dunno either.

16. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Maybe the emeralds are located in the stages themselves, as it happened in the first two 8-bit titles.

... right, not going to happen.

17. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    That would be pretty damn sweet and make perfect sense. Rather than "oh hey an emerald just so happens to be here!" you'd actually physically search for them yourself. Like the medals except not to the same sheer numbers/extremes.

18. Don't worry about it, player. I can understand when your hard work goes unnoticed. You've put in some hard work getting that interview and I can respect that.

Anyway here's a guy whom most question is putting in any hard work, Takashi Iizuka.
    http://www.destructoid.com/producer-takashi-iizuka-has-a-nice-long-chat-about-sonic-212861.phtml
    Nothing noteworthy though.

19. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Even with the nice music, I don't think any of the latter Eggman fights from Sonic Adventure would feel right without it being interrupted with copious amounts of GET A LOAD OF THIS.

20. I have a voice clip of Mike Pollock saying get a load of this if anyone wants LEAKED MATERIAL

clickie clickie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.