don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Hacking Contest 2011

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Spanner, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    A slight change regarding next week - all entries and voting will be made through the Hacking Contest website and not through the SSRG Forums, so no registration will be required.

2. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Why the sudden change?

3. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Less problematic rather than having to sign up on somewhere specific. All the site content will be put on the contest site and polls made through PollDaddy will be set up to provide voting, with 1 vote per IP address for every category.

4. Scott4

Scott4

Frederick, MD
    Latios in S3K, Brick in Sonic 1, Unnamed S3K Hack
    :) Shit's about to go down tomorrow.

5. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    It's time.

Check out all of this year's entries, download the public submissions, and vote for the Community Trophies. There will also be a live streaming session and a results show, more information can be accessed on the website as information is likely to be added soon.

Have fun!

6. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Just a little informer, the traffic usage is really high right now because of all the ROM downloads. So please be patient when the site is loading very slowly.

7. I'm getting a database error when trying to access the site...is anyone else having an issue?

8. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Qjimbo fixed it by restarting the server. Everything is back up and running.

9. Scott4

Scott4

Frederick, MD
    Latios in S3K, Brick in Sonic 1, Unnamed S3K Hack
    Reminds me of that Aqua Teen episode where Shake takes Meatwad's cat and sticks him in the microwave.

Unlike everybody else, I'ma have to wait until Tuesday to get the goodies.

10. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Is there any reason why there are two sites for this years sage with different games? I'm guessing it's because one is for games that have their own site and the other is not.

11. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Oh my god. SOTI has stolen Christmas and moved it to SSRG

[​IMG]

I'm telling Ayla on you, you bagpipe

12. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    =\

Man, if I knew you were going to make that site I would have submitted my stuff and be on time. I am having a hard time trying to get more people to testplay Sonic 2 FTE. I know it is kinda old if you go to SSRG, but I figured I would at least get ONE Retro reply. D=

I mean each hack gets their own page? That's depressing.

13. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    It wasn't moved to SSRG. Only the contest site is being hosted on there right now, and it seems that the server seems to be having problems once a day with it.
    If you're talking about the old contest site that Ayla had on here, it hasn't been updated in a few years and only Ayla has access to it, right now she can't be around much due to a few problems.

The site (and the contest week) is simply being done as a trial to see what works and what doesn't work. Originally the intention was that Cinossu was going to work on something on Retro where you can access all the entries, and the voting would be done through Retro, but this didn't happen due to time constraints. There was also the issue that was brought up that if you had to sign up on one website just to vote, then it wouldn't be representative of the whole community in which this contest is supposed to be involved with.

Even if this week is simply only half-way, a few problems have already been noticed, such as the server downtime and problems with voting. If the contest week happens again next time, then at least we know what to do with it in regards to potential changes.

14. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Heads up for everyone, the Results Show will be at 5PM EST (10PM GMT) on SAGEcast. The show will be recorded for those who miss it, and a forum thread will be made announcing this year's results.