don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Well that's disappointing, surely they'll fix that in the final build. Still, I'd love to see it in action.

2. glem3

glem3

Didn't we all know about the spoiler from the models that were leaked before?

3. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Based on a reply he is only able to change the contents within the Boxes and nothing like what Jim did. (Elemental Shields) I also asked him if he could change their position around. He said no.

The only thing I actually enjoyed was the Skateboard (Classic) part.... Without any commentary.

Has anyone actually thought that the Invincibility music MIGHT just be Super Sonic's music?

4. Zallirog

Zallirog

Uh, what were we talking about? Member
    That's a possibility I suppose, I don't think I would mind that much if it was. Of course it would be better if they actually had a dedicated Super Sonic theme.

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The problem is that both Invincibility themes have a definite end point at 0:19. Mind you this isn't to say they won't loop the first 11.5 seconds.

6. <a href="http://www.psu.com/Sonic-Generations-hands-on-preview—a012675-p0.php">An article about Generations via Playstation Universe</a>
    Includes a new screen (I think) of the Seaside Hill level and explains more about the Rooftop Run level.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    If the link's not working, delete the "—" after preview and replace it with two -'s. Stupid board auto-correct.

8. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    That spoiler made me happy, I'm so glad it's becoming a tradition in Sonic games again after Sonic Colors.

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Don't you mean Sonic 4 Episode 1? :v:

10. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I don't know what you're talking about and I'm pretty sure that game doesn't exist. :colbert:
    Back on topic, TGS is coming up soon. Do you think we'll see Spagonia or more of Chemical Plant Zone? Heck, maybe Sky Sanctuary.

11. StreakThunderstorm

StreakThunderstorm

Mecha Madness
    I hope they inclue Mecha Sonic from STH3&K in Sky Sanctuary. It would feel naked without him at the end.

12. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    Twitch Streams
    The funnest of fun facts: One of the PRs didn't even know who Nack the Weasel/Fang the Sniper was. One fan asked about the poster of Nack/Fang and the PR said "I don't know what that is, so I can't comment about that".
    It became evident that the PRs are told very little about Sonic's history, and only need to know minor details about the game, mostly pertaining to the demo on hand.

13. Doesn't Crisis City have a Tornado? They could probably merge Crisis City with Windy Valley.

Travel inside the Tornado, then run along the falling debris.

Unless you do that in 06, I wouldn't know.

14. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    The stages in 06 are disjointed as hell, where segments will end and another will begin without any transition. The second "act" in Crisis City takes place in this floating vortex where you jump between pieces of debris that are floating, just like windy valley. However the game never explains how you got there, or what exactly this place is, and that segment actually appears in a number of zones.

I always took it as you being inside the tornado of fire, but it's not exactly clear that you're in it. Sonic Generations should definitely clear it up.

You should take a look at a run of Crisis City to get a feel for what will be in the zone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHVNWN9SXEg

15. Thanks :)

They could definitely make some sort of Windy Valley reference with it then. Seeing all the fire and lava, it would be a good twist for Classic Sonic to go into underground caverns and have some sort of Lava Reef/Red Mountain reference. Dunno how that would work, but it would be nice.

16. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    A lot of people have bemoaned Crisis City as being "another city level" but I've said since the beginning that I think it'll be the game's lava level. Considering how they transformed Ocean Palace, I don't think my guess is a long shot anymore.

Crisis City is actually my most anticipated zone in the game. Assuming the game progresses in order of sonic releases, it'll be one of the last stages, meaning it should be tough, and the original concept for the zone was, in my opinion, one of the most appealing in all the series. A city zone, usually one of the best tropes in any sonic game, mixed with a lava zone, set in a post-apocalyptic future. I'm hoping for some sort of mix between lava reef zone, and stardust speedway bad future.

Which sounds awesome to me.

17. That does sound really good.

I'm gonna have to try and play 06/Unleashed/Colours to get a feel of the levels.

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    You know, Sonic '06 had two lava levels. Ultima Espio mentioned going into underground caverns and reminded me.

Flame Core.

Perfect way to help make Crisis City to stand out from other city levels; just merge it with Flame Core. I realize that in the game, Flame Core was quite a ways off in terms of distance, but I really don't think anyone would mind. Plus, perfect place for Lava Reef/Red Mountain reference if desired.

...kinda hoping they do all of this, actually.

19. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Well, considering that Flame Core and Crisis City were considered the same basic area (and you can see mountains in the background of Crisis City), it's not actually that unlikely to imagine them doing that.

20. RhikoruNa

RhikoruNa

Your next line is, "Hey, I recognize that Joestar Member
    Nice find!

Glad to hear a confirmation on the role of Classic Sonic and the airship...so it's not so much Flying Battery as it is Angel Island Zone Act 2 bombing run. I'm interested to hear what kind of upgrade Rooftop Run got to it's music, as well.

Well, with Sonic Unleashed they revealed every single stage but Eggmanland...and yes I know we got a level list leak and all, but I hope there's something unexpected with the Time Eater section, hopefully a cool final stage instead of just ONLY being a boss battle...Planet Wisp is fantastic, but I don't know how I'd feel about it being made a final stage. :colbert:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.