don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tito.

Tito.

Ah, my mistake then. I feel foolish now :v:

2. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

Didn't Zero Gravity have a PC Version as well?

3. FIFE Productions

FIFE Productions

Sonic Retrograde
    A PC version of Sonic Generations would be nice, but I think I'll upgrade my computer to a more powerful desktop computer before getting it (if it comes out).

The console versions both support stereoscopic 3D, but would a PC version be capable of that?

------

And my say on the Dr. Robotnik, Dr. Eggman debate: I don't really care. It's like arguing about calling it Coke vs Coca-Cola, or Miles vs Tails. Same guy, different name, canon: No right or wrong. End.

If you're referring to the Classic Version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P7516W55 It was posted about a month ago, but here you go.

Modern Remix on the other hand, I haven't seen an mp3 yet.

4. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.

One was listed on the Windows 7 compatibility list site, and that's all there is to it.

Theoretically you could enable stereoscopic 3D at a driver level on both Nvidia and AMD hardware, though you would end up with artifacts on some of the 2D elements such as the HUD.

5. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    And inevitably I start another "it'll happen / no it won't" debate :v:

I think it'll happen; was there ever any major indication of SEGA's past PC titles after DX? I don't really think there was.

When asked about a future Wii U port of Generations, Iizuka replied "No." When asked about a PC port, Iizuka/SEGA replies "No comment.

Is it me or is this difference meaningful? ;P What many seem to forget is that, 9/10 times, "no comment" in the buisness world means "we're not saying no and have a better chance of saying yes." This false-ignorance is usually used to also bring doubt to people's minds about information blatently given. For instance, when the level list was leaked, SEGA said that list was highly subject to change, but so far 5/9 of those levels have been confirmed by them. I theorize they usually do this so people have less of a chance of spreading the word as to not spoil others. In this case, I presume that they want to draw attention away from the PC version and just let the pre-orders of the consoles roll in like they planned, since they probably get more money from that anyway (since many times a PC port isn't as expensive, Steam has its deals making the wallets of industries cry, and it's easier to hack a PC game to remove DRM than it is to mod a console to burn onto a disc for free).

Chances are this port will go as under-the-radar as their other ports. This game probably has so much hype and want for a PC port because of all the possible (and sure to happen) mods. I don't remember this much commotion over a port for All Stars Racing .-.;

And about the PC Heroes port, same deal as I said before; they get more cash off the console versions. If you already have one copy of a game, then, as the adverage gamer, getting a second carbon-copy version of it would be downright silly (if you don't know about preformance enhancements of course, hence "adverage"). To those who want to get a better experience, though, they might get the PC version, even if they already have a console version of that game. The main difference between these scinerios was that Heroes isn't as good as Generations will (hopefully) be, so more people might actually buy PC generations. In a sense, a PC port will likely be a "cash-in" version as well, especially since it's a Steam game for the most part (hence no downsides with disc production!). It's just a pretty damn awesome cash-in version.

6. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    Yes Nvidia have their own way of supporting 3d.

and this: http://www.iz3d.com/ is compatible with both AMD and Nvidia GPU's :)

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    And suddenly where the clip we recorded at SoS is going to be becomes obvious. The end of the ending, after everything is returned to normal and the picnic resumes. =P It'd work perfectly as a concluding note, now we have a basic plot thread for context.

8. So a crowd of random people and Sonic's friends will shout "Happy Birthday Sonic" oh wow.

9. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    This is the part where Sega reveals that it was being recorded by camera and the VIDEO will appear in the ending.

:specialed:

10. RhikoruNa

RhikoruNa

Your next line is, "Hey, I recognize that Joestar Member

Oh gawd. Now I can't stop thinking of this happening, with less Rickroll and more Sonic.

Sonic: Hey guys, its a letter from our friends!

Sonic Fans: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    I think I've found some new pictures:

Emerald Coast 3DS
    [​IMG]

Cutscene screenshot?
    [​IMG]

12. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Emerald Coast is looking dang slick.

I can actually see that second one as more of a congratulations still screen after you beat the game, with how everyone seems perfectly posed, but it could be the cutscene itself as well. And... is that Never Lake....?

13. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Wait, what? I thought the 3DS game was supposed to be about Sonic's HANDHELD history? What's Emerald Coast doing there?

14. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    No handheld levels have been shown to exist on that yet I don't think.

Anyway, handheld or not, that looks fantastic. Wonder how it plays since that looks 3D.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That looks pretty cool, I'm sure the whale scene will benefit of the 3D.

16. Uh oh

17. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    How come Shadow didn't get invited?

18. How did Blaze get there?

Oh, and I'm glad that Emerald Coast is on the 3DS.

19. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    If it is, that grass looks awfully flat and the models themselves look unfinished. Probably an early version of the cutscene.
    (Or so I would hope, anyway, as it looks pretty bland as it is.)

You keep reaching like that and you'll pull a muscle, son. :v:

He's probably there. Brooding in the background somewhere, all Vegeta-like, I would imagine.

20. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Fashionably late. Also this isn't a 20th birthday party without someone doing the stupid "fish lips and two fingers" pose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.