don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Obviously written by someone who doesn't understand PartnerNET.

2. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I'm trying.

I'm trying real hard. :ohdear:

But sometimes you can't help but try and peek at your Christmas presents, even though you know it's a bad idea.

3. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Just wait for PAX. It's this fudgin' weekend.

Most of you guys are being morons. Especially those of the journalistic variety.

4. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

Jesus christ, can't SEGA release a PORT of a sonic game without it getting leaked?

There's a reason that site is blocked dontcha know.

By the way, the Super PeelOut ability was great, why hasn't it been featured that much outside Sonic CD? (And Brawl, oddly enough)

5. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Funny you should write that, because the first present I opened before I should was Sonic CD. Coincidentally it was the day I realized that there's no Santa Claus, but I didn't give a shit, because I was getting Sonic CD and Sonic and Knuckles in one go! Fuck yeah! THAT was a great fucking Christmas by the way.

6. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    There were similar moves in the Sonic & Tails games on the Game Gear and Master System, namely the strike dash, which gave you a small split second invincibility as well.

7. Steven M

Steven M

Because it's a Spin Dash that hurts you when you roll into enemies.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Wasn't the Super Peel-Out's only function to give you instant speed after a post so you could try to time travel?

9. Sun

Sun

You don't slowly lose speed while running with the Peel Out though. And you can always curl.

The boost button in the newer games kill it's chance of reappearing. Though SA1/SA2 Spin Dash-uncurling, as well as Classic Sonic broken Spin Dash come pretty close to it.

10. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Say...I'm going to PAX this weekend. I'll be able to check it out for myself. I get to be first in line to try it out!

11. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

Not really. It's a bit different than the Spindash, you sacrifice the ability to damage enemies in exchange for instant speed and dropping the decelleration factor of the spindash. It lets you get through some otherwise tough spots. It's also worth noting you have far more control over Sonic with peelout versus the spindash.

You should watch a Sonic CD Speedrun sometime, like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aNyRuFpZsI&feature=related . The Peel-Out works wonders.

12. You say this as if it's SEGA's fault for it being 'known'. It isn't. It's Major Nelson probably announcing it at the right time, at the right place, and leaving little to no details as it was probably all planned for a PAX unveil.

PartnerNET, as you know, is flooded with NDA's amongst it's users and, as how an NDA works, no one has spoken about SCD since it came to public knowledge. And as you said, someone grabs whiff of it and spins a journalistic crap from it.

Well played to the Retro peeps involved on keeping a quiet lid on it though. Definately looking forward to friday. Gotta get down~

13. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    HATS. ALL MY MONEY. But seriously now, I don't expect much added. I'd just be happy if they had soundtrack select.

14. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    I'm confused, what's the big secret? It's Sonic CD which most everyone here has played. If this indeed has something to do with Taxman, THEN I'm intrigued.

15. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    In any space where you could, in theory, safely use the peel-out, you can charge up a spin dash and then jump after releasing it to go into a run, in S2 and S3. (Naturally, in SCD the spindash takes too long to charge compared to the peel-out.)

16. I just wanna know if it's widescreen. If it is then, SEGA, my money is yours.

17. So I heard there's a "Retro Sonic Nexus XG" mode.

:v:

18. Sun

Sun

Assuming the game uses the Retro engine(not sure what it's like), is it possible that the physics may resemble that of Sonic 1/2/3&K more so than SCD(unless the iphone port did use SCD physics).

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Waiting until PAX would've been alot easier for some people if hints weren't being dropped all over the place. Hints tend to drum up interest.

That aside, if Sonic CD on XBLA is using the Retro Engine, I wonder if there will be any real excuse for Episode II to not have delicious gameplay physics.

20. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    You'll make one hell of a grumpy old man in 30 years. Your "You damn kids!" routine is already getting pretty refined!