don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    [​IMG]

2. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    Yep, all these comments are starting to make my theory feel like a possibility

3. Skaarg

Skaarg

I can only hope for a PSN release eventually, but knowing how Sony has been it'll be a PSN+ exclusive for a while if it does come out.

4. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    How do I enable this?

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Guys, remember that SEGA is making a huge effort to re-launch Sonic as a relevant gaming icon for his anniversary, if Sonic Generations and all the new merchandising are something to go by.

As of late, they seem to be caring about truly relevant fan input, and they know that Sonic CD is a very special game for many of us, so they won't miss the opportunity of releasing the definitive version for Sonic's anniversary.

I just hope it's going to be released on the Wii, 3DS, or the Android market. =|

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    But which version is the definitive version?

7. MastaSys

MastaSys

Simple, Recursive port from gems for everyone, JP/EU soundtrack for America, USA soundtrack for the rest of the world.
    And Stardust Speedway boss battle always use good future for it's theme.
    "Experience Sonic CD like the Mega Drive days" says Izuka :v:

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I meant that it could be this one.

9. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    First thing I thought of when I read about sonic cd this morning was "taxman" lol :colbert:

10. TheBoshy

TheBoshy

It's Boshy Time!!!
    Yeah, I remember that.

Better not be a PSN+ exclusive for a while. I know Sonic 2 was. Please release it for PS3 though!!!!

11. For it to be truly definitive in my eyes it has to have:

1. Both soundtracks and the ability to toggle them.
    2. Native widescreen support is a stretch, so at least a decent wallpaper with cool artwork.
    3. Gallery full of concept art and the opening/ending fmvs similar to how Gems/Mega did it.
    4. No Sega Vintage Collection bullshit. I don't care if backbone handles the emulation, just leave that bullshit out of it.
    5. Ability to edit sonic's sprite but only slightly so that we can have a way to make official original characters do not steal.

12. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    SEGA just needs to add an option for "Select your soundtrack: JAPANESE, AMERICAN." Not exactly rocket science. If FUNimation can put a soundtrack selection for the dub in their orange bricks for Dragon Ball Z, then SEGA can do the same for Sonic CD, too.

13. Sun

Sun

This better come out on Steam(as well as PSN). Chances are it's probably the PC/Gems version, though a simple SFX and TT water fix is all that would be needed to fix up the game(and PC version has quicker time warping, which can be good or bad).

Did it say anywhere it was XBLA only?

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    No. But with Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles being only for XBLA still I don't really see it going on PSN.

15. Machenstein

Machenstein

I think I can trust SoA with this port. Their current staff seems to know more about Sonic than SoJ does, so maybe SoA knows Sonic CD well enough to implement a soundtrack selection feature. I wonder what Aaron Webber has to say about this port.

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Well, SEGA hasn't officially announced anything about Sonic CD yet.

17. Machenstein

Machenstein

I mean when it is announced, of course. All we have is two days til we find out.

18. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    With some of the winking and nudging going on in this thread from certain people, I think it very well could be, too. Despite the high esteem Sonic CD garners from some, I never really saw what made it "the best Sonic game ever", but if the hint dropping means what I think it means, there's a lot of potential for this to be amazing.

I await Sega's official announcement with baited breath.

19. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Aesthetically for me it's by far the best. Sonic CDs music, art direction, surrealism and vibe evoke a much greater emotional response from me (for want of a less gay term) than Sonic 3k ever did, however CD is nowhere near as good of a gameplay experience.

So there you have it folks, the ultimate Sonic game would be an amalgamation of Sonic CD and 3K. Why? Because I just said so!

20. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Well, yeah, basically. But I can admire art direction in screenshots and I can listen to music just about anywhere. Playing the game is what matters the most, and Sonic CD just doesn't play very well. Even ignoring the at-times counter-intuitive level design, there are elements of Sonic CD that just feel unpolished.

If this is what it could be, it might be an opportunity to improve the feel of the game while still keeping the aesthetics the same.