don't click here

The Sonic Merchandise Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 11, 2011.

1. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    Are the classic Sonic and classic Tails actually available in the UK yet, I've looked everywhere online.

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    The one I got doesn't have the best paintjob in the world, but it doesn't have any of the problems you mentioned.

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Jazwares don't distribute their toys in the UK, Tomy do instead. And they're terrible at bringing things over. If they get a release over here, it won't be for a while.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah, I've yet to see any and I've been looking for them.

5. I saw those little figures in game a few months back. When I actually had the money to buy them, they were gone :/

I haven't seen them or any others since. Those Sonic X ones were all over the place a few years ago, but when you really want the classic ones they aren't anywhere.

If only Woolworths was still around...

6. Biofrost

Biofrost

Environment artist at Sony Bend Member
    Oregon
    Env artist on Days Gone for ps4
    Saw this at target before I clocked out, they are at the card wall with all the pokemon stuff. $4.99 USD. You don't know what character you have until you open it though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Assuming you mean this set (they can be found in individual packages), they're readily available online. That particular six-pack has a couple of variants too, if anyone's interested. One version, released only in mainland Europe comes with the Sonic figure from the SE of Classic Collection instead of the regular Sonic figure. The other variant is simply a rebrand and repackage by Jazwares (not F4F, the guys who originally made the set) for the US market as part of the 20th Anniversary set.

8. Those 'classic' figures can easily, or atleast near me, be found in the 'random junk / toy' areas of GAME / Gamestation stores for £3~£5 each individually. They're usually alongside Angry Birds and Lego tat. I often see Classic Amy about, but not so often the others.

9. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Also, has anyone seen these in any brick n' mortar stores yet? Haven't spotted any, and I might prefer one of these guys to the one packaged with Motobug since they're slightly larger.

Really I'd love to see a massive one like the 10'' Metal and Modern Sonic's, but I don't know if there's any plans for that.

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's happening.
    [​IMG]

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It's awesome but the joints DX

12. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I don't get why people can't get on with those sort of joints. On some figures, it can look horrendous, but it looks pretty good on that classic Sonic.

You should see those Dragon Ball Z figures they used to do a while back, they looked like robots.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The larger the figure the better the joints, but they still don't look too nice. Especially with Sonic characters cause they've got rubber hose limbs. Bendies would look much nicer.

14. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Would bendies be able to support that much weight without reverting back to the original pose though? Even the Joyride Sonic (yeah, I know) was a bit annoying for not staying in the pose you wanted him in.

Granted that's assuming you're even posing the figures, and even the 10'' Metal Sonic and Modern Sonic I got had some joint problems (either too stiff, or too loose).

15. [​IMG]

New shelf in my kitchen, me and my girlfriend went to every Target and Gamestop in the area to find all those figures

16. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Keeping it in the original packaging, eh Kail?

Now that's how you Sonic fan.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Maybe. That's why I always prefer unposable figures or the statues like F4F does. I'm only going to sit everything on a shelf, so having the characters in interesting poses that stick without ugly joints seems like the best option.

18. It's a shame the collection has way too much Sonic in it. Not your collection personally, but the Generations set and such. Like, 4 Sonics, Tails and a Shadow. Seems a bit un-even. Even still, missing a Jap Sonic 3 eh? :P

19. I never open my jazwares Sonic figures, they're not made all that well, though they look good in the package. I have even more in my bedroom (including Sonic pillowcases and blanket on my bed).

I'm missing a US Sonic 1 (the one I have is Canadian), JP Sonic 3, JP Spinball, JP and US Sonic and Knuckles, and then maybe I'll consider buyin the EU games.

20. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    If I can find my case, I'd gladly trade you my US Sonic 1 for your Canadian variation. :v: