don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic Release thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    How can I send it to you? I totally will

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Send me an email, I can take care of it.

3. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Looks like the Rapidshare mirror for the most recent version of REV01 was still working, so I downloaded that and replaced my copy with it.

http://blaze.letsvideogame.com/fangames/Sonic%20ClassicFULLrev01.rar

I suppose I could mirror the version without music, too.

4. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Crashes basically whenever I hit a checkpoint in the desert stage (seems to be a common bug), but I like it. The game I mean, not the crashing.

EDIT: It's too bad the checkpoints in that level are put in some frustratingly hard to avoid areas. If you still have the mfa file, I can take a look at it and figure out what's causing the bug for you.

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I'm just going to redo them completely. I don't understand what causes this on some peoples machines. I cannot for the life of me get this to work on any of my computers. I've tried the game on my parents computer, my laptop, and my friends pc and they worked fine.

6. Graxer

Graxer

It also crashed the game when I hit the large ring in the middle of act 2 of the desert level.

7. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    That suggests to me that it has something to do with the act of saving the player's position. I'm guessing it uses some file I/O to accomplish it.

8. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    [​IMG]
    lol widescreen.

Also bug fixes to come. I finally got off my lazy ass and did it.

ALSO....S1 expansion is almost done. Just have to finish scrap brain zone layout and some bug fixes.

EDIT: also sorry about not looping the GIF, totally forgot

9. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Excellent, I've been waiting for REV02. Nice to know it has widescreen too!

10. Yes. Just YES.

I've been Sonic Classic a lot lately, and I have loved nearly everything about it, except for the fact that something goes horribly wrong about every 10 minutes (if I'm lucky to make it that long.) It's good to know that this is still being worked on along side Sonic Classic 2.

Can't wait to play this with the bug fixes, keep up the awesome work Hez!

11. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    oh yeah....but as usual, I need some space to upload it. Permanent space that is. I don't know what servers will allow me to do so and not delete it for copyright violations.

12. Impish

Impish

Try this new one http://bayfiles.com/. This is owned by the pirate bay but is a direct DL file sharing site.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So quick question. Is there a mac version of this game?

14. How much space do you need? I might be able to help you out for hosting.

15. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Like 300 megs. I'd like to be able to make changes too when needed.

16. I think I can make that work. If it doesn't, I've got something else that oughta work too. I'll PM you some stuff.

17. Nibble

Nibble

Oldbie
    Looks pretty cool. One very small thing I noticed just now: It looks like Sonic is allowed to move before the time even starts. Not a huge deal, but it affects how accurate level times are by a second or two. In the official games the clock starts when control is given to the player.

18. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    It doesn't really make a difference.

I'm also making real minor adjustments to some level layouts (not too much, not trying to be george lucas). I've moved some "cheap" badniks and corrected some others. They're minor, but hopefully better. If you guys have any annoyances speak now.

19. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Why bother having a time attack mode then?

It's like I'm playing a Netherrealms Studios Game.

20. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Hey man, like... that's not a bug, that's a feature. :ssh: