don't click here

The Sonic Merchandise Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Eggomaticwaffles

Eggomaticwaffles

Oldbie
    [​IMG]

Has there been any consensus on this Japanese McDonalds Eggman toy variant? I've searched on eBay for a number of years now hoping to come across one but no such luck.

Do we know if it was in fact mass-produced for McDonalds in Japan or if it was just a prototype before they switched to the Milton Knight American design?

2. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

[​IMG]

I know the shirt isn't anything new, but I found it at Target for like, $9.99 today. Main reason I'm posting was cause of the pajama shorts. I found them in the stock room at the Kmart I work at, so I dunno if they're actually out yet, but I was surprised when I saw them so I just grabbed them and bought em. You can never have too much Classic Sonic merch.

3. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I keep all my Sonic merchandise as close to mint as I can. I've had this pinball machine for years.

4. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    a 3D Sonic board game that I've got:

[​IMG]

5. Now I didn't buy this, but I did see it in WHSmiths:

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

Apologies for the blurry second picture. I wasn't gonna buy it for £9 and at that point Security had already heard the camera click noise before that and got suspicious.

Also for other UK goers, there's 20th Anniversary 'School bags' in Wilkos. £15 and really child / school like. Didn't buy that either, but I may get pictures the next I'm in one.

6. GHFan

GHFan

I've never seen Knuckles in that pose before. Weird.

7. Y'know, I also thought that. Odd eh? Possible Generations or Rivals?

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'm inclined to assume it's from one of the Olympics games. It seems like one of those "Look to the cheering crowds and wave" type poses. I'm going to take a look around for it but I don't think I've ever seen it.

EDIT: Apparently not. Huh.

9. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Sonic merchandise is something I have far too much of. There's loads of it all over my house, but I'll try and gather up some of the cooler/more unusual items to share with you over the weekend if I get time.

For now though, Narstyle's post just reminded me of something I picked up a couple of weeks ago:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry these are a bit blurry, I'll try and get a clearer picture if anyone's interested (I'm having trouble getting a clear shot for some reason).

I've never seen that Sonic picture before, which is the part of the reason why I purchased the notebook to be honest ;P

10. cornholio857

cornholio857

Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    Sonic the Sleeping Bag
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

Sonic Nendoroid.

12. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    Looks like a fusion of Classic and Modern Sonic. Liked it!

13. cornholio857

cornholio857

Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    Near perfect condition! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

14. serpx

serpx

That is the best combination of modern and classic Sonic that I've seen thus far. If he looked like that, I wouldn't have much to complain about at all with his looks. In fact, the green eyes in that picture kinda give me an impression of a younger Sonic. This in combination with the expression of his eyes, and smile.

15. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

That's awesome, though I'm not surprised. When I was in year 9 (about 14 years old), my class had a secret santa christmas (where you pick a name of someone out a hat and buy them a present), and my mate decided to go and give me his pinball machine rather than spending money he didn't have on me :v:

It came in the box, which was undamaged, though some bits which were meant to be constantly connected had slipped apart. Unfortunately some of his household smoked, and it stank of fags, so I had to throw the box out (as well as clean the pinball machine, which wasn't dirty but had the odour on it). Now I've still got it, and I must say, it is an awesome little machine. It's too bad it doesn't have any actual Sonic sound effects though! lso, taking those big batteries is a pain in the arse.

I have never seen any Japanese McDonald's toys of that same era. I acually collected all the little toys back in the day, though I've lost the Tails and the shooter for Sonic since (I mean, I was like, 2 or 3 years old at the time!). I can only imagine that this was a prototype for the final product. I think looking now I actually would have preferred that- it looks so much like the in-game Robotnik, though AoStH was and still is great.

Wow, you guys seem to have everything, though I have some stuff of my own at home whic none of you seem to have so far, so I'll get some pictures up when I can :thumbsup:

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    There seems to be a scan of the toy sheet online, but we still can't know if the actual toy matched the pic.

17. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

To be honest, based on the article I just read, I'm inclined to think that it was actually produced. I can imagine them being rather rare. I also didn't know the US got a different Tails launcher.

18. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I used to have this set too, or at least something very very similar, was awesome at the time but I think it was thrown out a long time ago due to missing pieces :(

I work in WHsmiths and we have those filled pencil cases and also some long regular tube shaped ones, think there was some other sonic stuff too but don't remember.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

There's lots of stationary in the set.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    Speaking of the Sonic 3 McDonald's promotion, does anyone still have the bags the Happy Meals came in? I was almost certain that one of the sides contained an explicit reference to Flying Battery.

I'd be curious to see what they had there for it.