don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Holy fuck, man that rocks :O

What sound engine do you use btw?

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Holy... That game is looking great.

(Although it seems like the level could benefit of some guidance on where to go next.)

3. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    That was some cool stuff. Gotta love the attention towards character animation and general detail.

I'll look forward to playing this someday. ;)

4. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    So impressed. Can't tell you how inspiring this stuff is, man.

5. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Custom.

Ah yeah, apologies for the piss poor layout currently standing there, it's incomplete at the moment and doesn't have a setout designed specifically "for" the level just yet, I'll take this into a strong account.

Thanks for the compliments and feedback folks, it's all very encouraging =)

6. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    I'd just like to say that everything PhyschoSk8r does is a gift to mankind. Hack looks tits, dude, fucking love the music for it and the City Escape cover.

7. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Thanks man, I'm trying to get more done ASAP. =3

8. vladikcomper

vladikcomper

Tech Member
    Sonic Warped
    I thought that Sega needs vertical layer deformation, 3D rotating textures a better logo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOD3XSc62WU

I decided to try myself in creating some cool visual effects. This logo was mainly inspired by Comix Zone, coded completely from scratch in 2 days. It was a good challenge for me in ASM programming as well as using VDP-tricks. At the current state, I've finished almost everything I planned, except for the sounds.

And actually, it's not a hack, but something from the ground up. You'll see this project very soon.

9. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    The only thing I have to complain about is the length; 14 seconds is way too long. But despite that, this is an extreme impressive intro! Good job man. =)

10. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Wow, that is rather impressive, and smooth to say the least! Can't wait to see what you have in store =)

11. vladikcomper

vladikcomper

Tech Member
    Sonic Warped
    Yes, you're right, I need to reduce spinning time. Aprox 6-8 seconds would be great, I think.
    Anyway, I've already made the logo skippable when you press Start, so you don't have to wait at all =)

12. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    2 more for you:

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I feel that 6 seconds would be too much wait for a logo to show up. How about 3 seconds?

14. synchronizer

synchronizer

I especially love you Rooftop Run Daytime mix PsychoSk8r! It's great!

15. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    The Emerald Coast one sounds like something straight out of the 16-bit Sonic 3D Blast. Amazing job, man.

16. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    One more for you:

Now, I must give a little bit of info. While I've done a lot of work making the MIDIs, and writing lots of music, nineko has converted the MIDIs for me, so I must thank him there.

30 Day Project will be released on the 23rd. Keep your eye on this page.

17. vladikcomper

vladikcomper

Tech Member
    Sonic Warped
    This seems to turn out too short, I'm afraid. Even the SEGA shout I've already included there lasts 1,5-2 seconds. Or, I just have wrong sense of timing =P The logo will be much shorter anyway, don't worry about this.

18. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Seeing the Knuckles sprites over at the Sonic 2 Heroes thread got me working on SSD's Knuckles a bit.

I revamped the horrible sprite I previously made.

[​IMG]

19. Yuzu

Yuzu

Does this mean we'll be seeing reworked sprites for Sonic as well? As that'd be pretty awesome.

If you've already done them in an earlier post I apologize as I've checked this thread for the first time since 2010

20. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member

[​IMG]

Shows all stages of the sprite, including the ones earlier sprite used that was done up by Chimpo. You can clearly see it's been messed with quite a bit, and I feel I am happy with how it looks.