don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    That was STC though I believe archie had a similar explanation for their sonic as well. game universe sonic on the other hand never had an explanation.

Never played SPA because I heard it was mostly a sonic 2 clone. but I'll youtube that and see if thats true.

EDIT: Wow was I ever proven wrong. yeah it does look like eggman switched uniforms between the 2nd to last and last fight. strange. I would love to see a SPA: Genesis version someday.

2. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Strange. I'm pretty sure I just said that in STC, there WASN'T an explanation, just like in the games. :B

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Oh...my mistake then I'm in a rush!

Shouldn't try to read and change at the same time.

4. Dan Genesis

Dan Genesis

As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute Member
    Top Secret. Bitch.
    KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
    I wonder how many of you know that the comic has already been retcon'd once.

+ - Has anyone here read the original mini-series? Sonic met Sally for the first time in #0. Later, during the Sonic Kids special, this was retcon'd to where they had known each other since childhood.  

5. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Eh, it's pretty cool, I'll admit. Quite nice even, but why stop at the body? Just give him a full makeover whydontcha?

Anyways, the last time I saw something like this, I ended up rather disappointed with the final product, so yeah. I'm not expecting a miraculous turnabout in terms of writing and overall quality. Nope, sorry, I'll pass thanks. Not even a fabulous Oshima (re)design Sonic would be enough for me to shell out for it. I might leaf through it when I pay the comic book store a visit in the future.

6. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    + - It's a reboot.  

7. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I'm really digging the cover. I'm looking forward to this. It probably won't be what I'm thinking it is, but it's worth a shot at least. I'll have to take a look at it when it comes out.

8. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Sonic the Comic DID have an explaination for Green Eyes- When Sonic was attacked by Chaos, a residue of Chaos Energy that either contained Tikal or served as a beacon for Tikal to find Sonic (never got that part) got stuck on his eyes, which is why he was the only one who could see her.

As for Sonic 4 needing to be a retcon, why should art shifts be a retcon?

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Like I said, I think shift in art would fall under the "Alterations" part of retcon. the definition of alteration retcon is "overt change rather than mere addition."

Its a sortof-retcon. Not a full retcon but just enough change to fall under one.

10. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    So, do any of you know when the Death Egg saga or the Genesis parts of the comic are supposed to start?

I want to pick up these comics but I can't seem to find when they come out (it's like you never know when a certain issue of a comic comes out, it's just in stores one day... I'm having trouble finding out the releases of other comics too :/).

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Actually STC did have an explanation.

Sonic absorbed Chaos energy from Chaos and that turned his eyes green.

12. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Archie is really making a big deal out of this genesis saga. I was reading the latest comic and they even have a "countdown to genesis" marker on the front cover! Never seen them do that before for any arc.

Then again, what arc would they want to make a big deal over? :v:

13. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Endgame (issues 47-50+directors cut special)

14. The KKM

The KKM

Portugal
    [​IMG]

Also, Newsarama article confirms Genesis will be a temporary reboot (think House of M) and Sonic Universe will not be part of it, instead having an arc dedicated to everyone's favourite recolour-fighting-to-be-an-original-character, Scourge!

http://www.newsarama.com/games/sonic-attac...sis-110317.html

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Ok whoever said the STH2 genesis cover would be part 2's cover should get a cookie!

So its just a partical reboot rewritting some of the early issues storyline.

16. The KKM

The KKM

Portugal
    I don't think it will be just "a partical reboot rewritting some of the early issues storyline.", more like continuity suddenly gets rewritten and then not.

But maybe it isn't.

17. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    I love the internal art shown in that article. If Sonic was drawn like that for the rest of forever, I'd be way too okay with it.

18. nullaccnt

nullaccnt

I got fed up with these covers looking so odd. So..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll just leave these here

19. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Maybe it's 'cuz I didn't truly become fan until post 2000, but I never quite got what's the deal with Sonic being shorter than now being supposedly better. I kinda like him the way he is.

But, eh, anyway, seems like an interesting experiment Flynn's got planned out here.

20. InstantSonic

InstantSonic

Just add water! Oldbie
    Sonic the Hedgehog 4: The Archie Adaption