don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jan 17, 2010.

1. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Is it progressing smoothly :)?

2. Ryuki

Ryuki

I can't wait to finally play a fan game that doesn't feature a badly animated Sonic rig running around a badly designed level with 'His World' being forced down my ears. /Blitz3D Youtube User

This has been at the top of my waiting list for nearly two years now; so good luck with getting the final niggling touches done Hez.

3. To clear it up for the guy above, the build of the game I played (from the first post) worked with the 360 pad, but there was no D-Pad support. The 360 controller's D-Pad sucks anyway though so that doesn't really matter.

I can't wait for this to come out! It's like the Sonic 4 everyone dreamed of. (Obligatory Sonic 4 related post in a Sonic Fangame thread gogo)

4. Titan

Titan

UK
    Thanks for confirming that, as I use a 360 pad when playing games on my laptop-I'm sure the analog stick will be fine for Classic :)
    So pumped to play this!

5. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Looks like this game is dropping any minute now then. One thing though: is this game a hack (as in a hacked rom we have to emulate in Gens) or a fangame developed with MMF? I know this is a stupid question that has probably been answered but there's a storm of confusion in this thread with the initial demo running in MMF and then StephenUK chiming in later to categorically state that this is indeed a hack. It doesn't particularly bother me either way since I feel that Sonic Worlds sufficiently replicates Sonic physics though if it has now indeed become a hack then it looks it will be the most impressive hack since Megamix.

Can anyone answer this?

PS. Hez you should start replying with "T-minus 12 hours" and shit like that to get us excited.

6. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    It's a fangame, if you saw a screenshot you coulda saw from that XD

7. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    It does matter since the discussion about support stemmed from my original question about said D-pad. Which I like, because I'm not a ham-fisted moron who hits diagonals all the time.

I'm sick of using the completely inaccurate analogue nipple for digital control. IT. MAKES. NO. SENSE. And I refuse to install extraneous programs just to trick my computer into doing what I want, so I guess I'll just use the keyboard. *grumble*

8. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    StephenUK implied that it's a fangame for now, and will probably turn it into a hack.

9. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Huh, guess I missed that part XD

10. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I'm getting more and more pumped for this game. I can't fucking wait. I don't think we've ever gotten a complete, high quality fanmade Sonic game up until now, and knowing I'm going to have a fresh batch of awesome levels to play through just makes me feel like a kid again. I only wish there were some way for me to play this on a TV with a Genesis controller (I know there is, I just can't).

HEZ. I love you.

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Get a TV with VGA in. You could always fake the Genny controller with one of those USB Saturn controllers, too. :P

12. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

This has already been established by others, but I would like to reiterate.

I need this game.

That is all.

13. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    I know, bro. But my TV isn't good enough, and I don't have a USB Saturn controller (or one of these) kicking around.

14. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Not to get anyone creaming in their pants, but I'm....done. Now all I'm currently doing is playing through the game myself trying my best to improve/fix shit. Right now I'm playing through challenges...

[​IMG]

Whoop.

...With a game so large, it's hard to make sure and test that EVERYTHING works right.

15. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    ffffFFFFfffffffFFFffFFuck I'm pumped.

It's so tempting to say HEZ I'LL HELP YOU SQUISH OUT THOSE BUGS NEED ANY MORE BETA TESTERS but I'm just being impatient.

I will wait. And then I will cream my pants.

Godspeed, Hez.

16. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Sorry for the lack of a recent report, I've just been quite busy and I'm actually having a hard time expanding on my original report. I have found a couple of bugs since my last one, but nothing extremely major, it's just me being picky. I'll sort something out in the next week or so, it'll be worth the wait.

17. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I'll send you a new copy here in a bit of the exe. Suppose it will be Final Rev00?

EDIT: On the topic of betas, I wonder if anyone would be interested in the 16 different prototypes I archived

18. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    Perhaps once I've had a few goes through the final game. I don't want any material that might show up in the sequel you were talking about spoiled, though.

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

I kind of agree, I think it would be better appreciated once the final version is out, then we can see its gradual changes :)

20. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Well right now I'm working on Ghost's for my "Beat the creators ghost" mode. If any beta testers want to submit their ghosts, let me know.