don't click here

Sonic Free Riders

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Tiranno, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    There is a rip of the OST floating around, but the quality is dodgy at best.

The game rip came out about a week after the game was out in the US. (Entirely because the US ISO never got dumped, but the EU one did)

2. Main reason is that for some reason, most places aren't carrying the OST; I checked with CD Japan and they said the only places officially selling it were Amazon Japan and the Sega Store. Jun Senoue's website was selling them for awhile with Jun's signature on them.

3. Sonic Free Riders is $32.47 on Amazon right now.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    And Kinect is still $150. :ssh:

5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Hey, that's not so bad. I wonder if Kinect is on sa--

D'oh!

Kinect isn't giving me enough reasons to love it so far.

6. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    It certainly gives me a single reason to love it: Dance Central.

This damn is so addicting. And everyone that comes to my place becomes enchanted by the games' proposal, and wants to dance all night long.

Also, I lost 4.4 pounds, in 1 week, playing Dance Central.

About Sonic Free Riders, I don't like it so much. The game is not really tailored towards Kinect, it's more like a controller game that was cheaply adapted to be a motion-only game. That's how I feel, anyways. And indeed, since it was first supposedly to be a common XBLA title. It's not a good Kinect titles at all, in my opinion.

Ignoring the fact that it's a Kinect game, and analysing it from a Riders Series standpoint; it's also not a good title. I'd preffer Zero Gravity over Free Riders, and notice that I find ZG to be inferior to the original Sonic Riders.

Now, removing the Sonic Riders fan glasses; I think Sonic Free Riders is a pretty good game, and definitely worth it for every Kinect owners that wants a game with more substance other than having just a bunch of motion-controlled minigames collection.

I personally don't play Sonic Free Riders at all. I can count in one hand how many times I played it. This game is way too tiring. Jesus Christ. Once I played all the tracks available in a row... and I never felt so tired. And notice that I run 5 kilometers every week, day yes, day no, and I don't feel so tired like when playing Free Riders. Also, I never went as far as the first race in the Grand Prix mode. I definitelly have to courage to play this game.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    my college dorm simply does not have the room for a Kinect, even if I wanted one... which to be honest I really don't.

Perhaps if they drop down to $50 I may pick it up as a curiosity if I have some money to waste, but let's be honest, that's not happening anytime soon

8. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

I've found that the more I play Free Riders, the longer I can last. Today I just did about 5 5 lap races online. There's no way I could have done that when I first started.

If you have the patience to get the full 1000G on this game, you will be absolutely disgusting at the game when you do. (and that is a good thing) I've been turning like a pro ever since I got the S rank for beating Final Factory Expert against Eggman and Metal Sonic with only Sonic's default gear.

For me, the Riders are this way:
    Free Riders > Riders > Zero Gravity

I guess I just like how involved I have to get with the game. I guess this only means Dance Central is gonna blow my socks off.

9. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Oh my god; don't tell me I'll have to get all the S ranks to play as Super Sonic... please. :/

I gave Free Riders a shot this Sunday. Played World Gran Prix mode... until Knuckles' first mission: break at least 05 icycles. I hate how the punches were unresponsive. Or maybe I wasn't getting the timming right... but I notice that he sends a wave of energy, a la DBZ, to break stuff, so you can punch from afar, but the punches weren't really working. I got frustrated... and tired, so I just gave up and stopped playing :v:

Actually, I was tired because I just had a 3 hours long intense section of Dance Central, so there was little room for patience. Intense section, because for once I was trying to learn the dance moves for the harder songs and 5 star them, in the hard difficult settings. I guess we need a Dance Central thread. :rolleyes:

10. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

Yeah with the punches, it's actually sending energy blasts, so you can fire well in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.