don't click here

Sonic Xtreme beta FOR SALE in ebay

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ashthedragon, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    http://cgi.ebay.es/Sonic-X-Treme-SEGA-Satu...=item2c58f7ee38

Thee original disk with the 718 beta of Sonic Xtreme ( the nights engine beta, the one who is already dumped and around the net) , is for sale in ebay. Now is your chance to buy it if you want. It's the only known beta of Xtreme we have.

I've found this , along with my boyfriend RACCAR at segasaturno's forums ( a spanish site about sega saturn, and unreleaed games stuff). Also some pics of the disk:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not the seller or anything, just aw this and thought it might be of interest of you.

2. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    in b4 moved to tech lounge.

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    No need! This build has already been long since dumped.

4. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    It's someone from Assemblergames selling it. I was interested but I best get saving for Christmas presents, I guess.

Also does anyone have a template of that Mega CD-R disc? I've been looking for that design for years.

5. I really want to own this piece of deliciousness
    Wow, it's at 686 USD. That's a lot considering it hasn't come all that close to ending! I can imagine quite a bidding frenzy.

Wait, what, it's already done? I just google chrome translated it. wtf. this only went for 600 bucks. I could have bought this shit. I don't understand, the original post in this thread isn't even an hour old. Did the auction just end?

6. MrCoconuts

MrCoconuts

Mercilessly tortured by Robotnik Member
    Mobius
    waiting for approval
    Yup. THAT was quick. I doubt it's anything really useful though. The poor bastard just forked over $600 when he could just download the dump that's all over the Interwebs.

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Not really, since this is physically a piece of history and it comes with the system disk.

8. dsrb

dsrb

I'd quite like to have me one of them thar system discs. I don't know how expectant I am of the ring protection ever being broken.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Why is it on a MEGA CD-R though? Surely Sega would have had Saturn discs by that point, or did they have a stash still of Mega CD disks to get shot of?

10. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    They probably just used whatever was closest to the hands of the guy who burnt the disc =P

$600? $600?!? And to think that we were going to pay over $2500 for that disc a few years ago...it's funny how things end up working out.

11. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Had this not been dumped already, I am very sure the price would have been much higher,

12. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Well, a few years ago, the beta wasn't already dumped and widely publicly distributed.

The idea of a bootdisk for the Saturn, though, is quite titillating. Even if installing a modchip would be considerably cheaper, even if you pay somebody else to do the install.

13. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    They had a bunch of Mega CD-R spindles laying around so they used that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.