don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    That's garbage. I'm sure all the kiddies would love their characters to be better written. Hell, I'm sure they wouldn't mind it if the games played great too, and the beauty of that situation is that neither would we.

I'm not asking for a lot. Sonic games can be fucking silly. They can be light-hearted, slapstick, they don't have to take themselves seriously AT ALL. All I'm asking is that they're not fucking stupid and don't use a lot of fucking stupid characters in the same game. This is Sonic the Hedgehog, not Sonic and Tails and Amy and Big and Vector and Cream and Shadow and Rouge and Silver the Hedgehog the Game. Sonic Colors seems to be delivering that, actually. Free Riders? Probably not.

2. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I'm sure they would too, but as it stands... well, I remember a PR guy saying somewhere that Sonic sells because he's Sonic. That's how it is unfortunately, haha. Even then, a kid wouldn't really be able to tell the difference between good and bad writing I'd say. There's a freshman in one of my classes who drew a picture of Silver, and I asked him about Sonic 06. He said "Oh yeah, that game is awesome." His opinion on the story? "It's really well written, all the characters feel so real."

Trust me, I'd like a Sonic game with a decent story and writing too. That would make me happier than hell getting a basket full of lawyers. But as it stands, as sales indicate, those of us who want a well written Sonic game are a very small minority.

3. Yes, how dare a multiplayer racing game have a large, diverse cast of characters.

4. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Not to bandwagon but yeah, pretty much this. And the characters aren't even that bad in that game, anyway.

5. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    With a lot of unnecessary plot and dialogue, anyways. Not that anyone's really going to give a damn five months later, but they're still pretty bad. Plenty of playable characters in a racing game? Sure. Bad writing? No thanks.

Ah, who am I kidding? Nobody's going to play Free Riders to learn about the characters. They're going to play it because it's a racing game with EX Gears. I'm sure the cutscenes are skippable anyways, like in Colors. The fact that Colors is going to be a little more conservative about the amount of characters in a single cutscene is appetizing, if only because there's less potentially bad dialogue to be doled out.

6. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    About their flash website: Am I missing something? I found all of the wisps, downloaded the pics (Spelled "colours" here, oddly enough" but now what? Why are there a few 0/0 wisps counters? And what's with a whole planet being locked? where are the videos? Why are they locked? It's getting awful close to release date.

7. Patback

Patback

Man, why isnt this game coming out on the 360...I mean, I have a good computer so I'm still gonna play it on Dolphin, but I'd buy it if I had a reason to...

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Whats your reason not to? other then the fact its BAWWWWWWW NO HD SUPER GRAPHICS.

9. Jaseman

Jaseman

I think he's implying he has an Xbox 360, but not a Wii, but he could emulate the Wii.

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Sounded like he rather pirate then spend $50.00. normally I'd pirate too, but Colors deserves to be bought new.

11. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Presumably he doesn't have a Wii.

12. Jaseman

Jaseman

On a related note, this'll be the first Sega-made game I've bought in a long time (only rented or pirate before), and my first preorder ever. I want that hat!

13. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    When it comes down to Sonic, I think this is the third game I pre-order, being Heroes the first and Unleashed the second. It worthes notice that I pre-ordered the Wii version of Unleashed... only to find out that it played like ass. Aware that the reviews said that the Wii version was the better version, I had to see what the 360 version played like, so I pirated it when it first leaked online (lol links to the old Unleashed topic), only to find out that the 360 version was god-like compared to the Wii version. I brought it in the next monday. The other games I just pirated really (and, thank God I never brought 06 or Shadow). Sonic Adventure 1 came with my Dreamcast, so I didn't need to buy, Sonic Adventure 2 I got from a friend of mine, and Shuffle I just found lying out there, so I wouldn't know.

14. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    - I don't mind my Sonic games with tons of characters so much as I mind a shitty Sonic game. Sonic Heroes had 12 characters, and when it's all said and done (All A's and everything) I really only play 3. Sonic Advance 3 has 5 characters, and the only time I felt "required" to play as anyone else was with Knuckles + Tails for chao. Mind you, those two aren't unanimously the most enjoyable Sonic games, but I enjoyed them thoroughly.

- I don't mind my Sonic games being overly cheesy or overly serious so much as I mind a shitty Sonic game. I think Sonic Adventure 2 fits both cheesy and serious categories, because I felt like the seriousness of that game was cheesy. Still, I enjoyed it.

- Sonic Heroes was the first game I ever pre-ordered with 100% my own cash. Pre-ordering games with your own money feels good.

15. Patback

Patback

Yeah I was saying that I don't have a Wii.

16. So, why not buying a Wii for games that you would want to play, like Sonic?
    A game will never ever create that much joy in a pirated version, than if you have purchased it yourself.
    And a Wii has a lot more purchaseable games, than just Sonic Colors!
    And it isn't that high in price anymore!

17. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Everyone should own a Wii by now lol theres pleanty of good games going for it. XD

Unless your stuck in an "OMFG HD GRAFIKS!" phase of mind, or the only reason id personally accept "I don't have any freeflow money" which is the only legit reason not to have one XD there like £150, thats nothing for someone who has something that even resembles a job haha

18. I really can second that! Plenty of exclusive games, a lot multiplayer fun and cheap games compared to X360 and PS3 games.

We're all Sonic fans here and the best games are the old 2D ones, so I don't think, we should have that much HD whores.
    And if he has a rig capable of running dolphin without problems, he should have the money to buy a Wii.

19. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    Well, Patback could always buy the game in order to rip it and play it on Dolphin :v:

20. Fixed
    Real deal > Emulation and buying > pirating ;)

And I'm telling that whereas I'm coming strictly from the emulation scene.
    But emulation should be a preservation and feature enhancement (better framerate, online, better textures, hacking, video recording) not a possibility to pirate new games!

What would be, if Sonic Colors would bomb because everyone pirates the game?
    It would send a bad sign to SEGA and Team Sonic!