don't click here

Sonic 4.

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Polygon Jim, Oct 12, 2010.

1. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

After skimming through this thread's last few posts, I ask; video please? :specialed: (for physics, it's hard to make out that they're fixed)

2. Really? I remember editing a GH3 ISO to enable autobot and it worked on my non JTAG'd 360. I haven't used it online and I'm not banned. :s

3. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Wait, isn't Modio able to resign and rehash edited files to work on the 360 again? Or is that for something else.

4. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I'll wait for a Wii version hack.

5. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    A Wii hack shouldn't be hard, since it's basically the same code.. right?

6. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    soooo.....classic sonic model hack? I juss sayin'

7. Brad

Brad

yo Member
    UK
    Wow... this is pretty amazing. Think what people can achieve with this now - Classic Sonic, fixed physics, improved level design, speed booster removal... the possibilities are endless.

*is waiting for Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I (Classic Mode)*

8. VB.NET

VB.NET

United States
    Learning C++
    I found an easy way to defeat the Mad Gear boss without getting hurt. If you keep jump dashing like a mad man you'll build up speed to run under the normal mini Robotniks, and if you encounter a crazy blue one simply hold left to brake! Simply tap A to avoid the spike balls and whoop that Egg! (Now if only I could beat the Final Boss without getting hit :argh:)

9. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    I know it's early days yet, but since this appears to be pretty hackable, I wonder if sometime not too far from now Sonic 4 will be a common base for hacking

10. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member

Maybe so, but unpacking the WAD is easy, it's unpacking the .app files in the wad is what I'm concerned about.

11. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Impressive. I'll be happy when the same thing's done for the wii version though =P

12. Maxd

Maxd

Alabama
    Mixin'
    It will be Sonic 4 as we have truly imagined it.

13. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    [​IMG]

Just putting this here to show ring editing in the Wii version works perfectly.

14. Robochao

Robochao

Just wondering. What's your intent to these modifications?

While one part of me thinks that you are flaunting your talents, the other part screams full on fun edits for .... whatever reason you have in mind.
    I like this and your Motobug thingy. My conflicting emotions will soon get the best of me.

15. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Not going to post pretty much anything until I get at least a full stage done but I'm pretty much planning to make Sonic 4 better. Once we get full level editing done I'm going to remake all the art to be better, remove all the stupid cell shading, redo all the level layouts to be actually fun, and attempt to fix the physics a bit.

16. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    So, Sonic 4: Genesis Edition but minus the Genesis, eh? I can dig it. Would love to see the levels look less like plastic and have better physics.

EDIT: Disregard original post, typo

17. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4gkWE7mWtQ

Skip to the 3:00 mark.

I want to see a hack whose sole function is to change the bumper sound in the Special Stages into THAT sound.

Make it happen, Retro. Child's play, right?

18. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    An ISO is very different from a LIVE content. As long as you don't moddify the main executable (default.xex), everything can be moddified. Content files are... self contained; the file itself is RSA protected.

Also, Polygon Jim, are you using the Level Editor I put together? I've built another one that can edit objects and decorations as well. I'll upload it later.

And... are you running the game on the Wii or on Dolphin? I have yet to figure out a confortble way to moddify the Wii version, without having to build a new .wad everytime and delete and reinstall the game to see the differences.

Editing the 360 version is much better; moddify on the PC and load the files directly on the 360 via FTP. Very convinient.

I could definitely do this in a heartbeat, but... why would we possibly want to have that in a game that we are trying to fix... ? :psyduck:

19. Tidbit

Tidbit

Dear Polygon Jim,

I love you.

Tidbit

20. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

I'm running it on Dolphin for my tests because it's fast and easy. I can repack the game within about 45 seconds and be running it already. Everything in the Wii version is identical to the 360 version in terms of format, and the layout files and collision files are byte for byte identical between them so you shouldn't need to change your tools any for it.

Also please do upload that new version of the editor.