don't click here

Psy's 30 Day Project

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by PsychoSk8r, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Oh shit, I meant to include fusion.ini in the rar, not fu build.bat
    =P

Edit: I didn't see this post:
    Well, I made the double jump live exactly to its name. Double Jump. It adds the exact same jumpheight sonic's regular jump has, so that won't be changed.
    The restart monitor thing has been fixed with tomorrows build. If you have broken the emerald monitor, the restart monitor does nothing.

And thanks, One thing I don't want to do, is have all art exact to the original. I think even the most minor of art changes can make it feel better.

Edit2: After just making another build, it seems the code I added to make the double jump while underwater cause problems. Fixing now.

Edit 3: Fixed, it's now working correctly! Changes in tomorrows build =3

2. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    After reading that the LZ art is pretty cool, I checked it out, and it was. However, I noticed that you didn't fix the Walk-Jump bug. So I'm kindly asking you to do it now. :V

3. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    And the catakiller extra frame for it's hitbox. Is so bloody annoying that I have to take my time to destroy them when rolling into them.

4. footbigmike

footbigmike

1: After hitting the level reset box, the timer doesn't quite reset to 0. When it loads the level again, it's usually at 3 or 4.
    2: In Green Hill Act 2, if you don't hit the signpost at the end, going back through the breakable wall, you can see the monitor has taken on the graphics of the signpost.
    3: At the Act Complete Cards, the missing BONU makes it look a bit (very) weird.
    4: Not sure if this is how you're meant to do it, but I ended up passing the wall in GH3 by getting speedshoes and dashing fast enough to pass through it offscreen.
    5: In Marble Zone 1, if you manage to bounce off the shield monitor and go over the top, trying to re-route your way through the level ends up in death. Although, that's not surprising.

I like it so far. It's fun, and the new moves allow for all kinds of shenanigans, not to mention that kind of air control that I've always wanted in Sonic 1.

5. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    These posts are very handy.
    I'll get on fixing these bugs first thing in the morning.
    I'm still attempting a fix for the end of act cards, just trying to find exactly where it calls the RHLogo frame from the title card, and remove that.

6. Emerald Spirit

Emerald Spirit

Newfound Potential Member
    The new emerald monitor gimmick is pretty fun, adds some fun. Most bugs I've noticed have been posted and then taken care of. Except for one, Super Sonic doesn't seem to have his increased jump height.

7. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    Code (Text):
    1. ;==============================================
    2. ;Day Eleven (For Day 12's build).
    3. ;==============================================
    4. ;- Restart level monitor won't restart if emerald monitor is already broken.
    5. ;- Fixed double jump problem caused by making sure double jump isn't overpowered in water. Now works perfect in and out of water.
    6. ;- Edited sonic's jumping code. Now super sonic jumps higher!
    7. ;- Edited MZ1's layout, to prevent a glitch which disables backtracking. Jumping over the top of that tall wall in MZ1 is now impossible. =P
    8. ;- Fixed the Walk-Jump bug
    9. ;- Changed the way music is loaded, for the start of level, after invincibilty, and after the drowning theme.
    10. ;- Added music for GHZ2
    11. ;- Fixed a bug causing the emerald monitor not to restart without the emerald.
    12. ;- Added music for GHZ3
    13. ;- Super Sonic now uses S2's super sonic theme.
    14. ;- Super Sonic can now run through breakable walls without Emerald monitor, or rolling.
    15. ;- Super Sonic can now run through breakable blocks (MZ) without Emerald monitor.
    16. ;- Added music for MZ2
    17. ;- Added music for MZ3
    Day 12

8. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    Code (Text):
    2. ;Day Twelve (For Day 13's build).
    4. ;- Enabled SRAM
    5. ;- Added code to create a small, custom SRAM header
    6. ;- Added massive amounts of code at the start of a level to check if level is complete in SRAM, and if not, save the current level number to SRAM
    7. ;- Added massive amounts of code to mark levels not completed on the level select as ???, and to point the ??? at the 1st act of the most complete zone.
    8. ;- If you have all 6 chaos emeralds, special stage monitor gives 50 rings instead of taking you to the special stage.
    9. ;- Fixed the supersonic Invicibilty bug.
    10. ;- Fixed a bug causing music to only play the first time you turn super.
    11. ;- Made super sonic able to run through regular breakable walls instead of rolling (as with the emerald walls)
    12. ;- Fixed a bug causing Character select to go out of the character range when pressing A.
    13. ;- Fixed a bug causing end credits to crash after adding SRAM code.
    14. ;- Made the ending sequence put a "game complete" marker in SRAM on viewing it as Sonic, Mighty, or Sonic2. Each character has a seperate flag. This could be used to unlock something in the future. =P
    15. ;- Updated the Rom Header.
    16. ;- Reorganised some code. Unnoticable via gameplay.
    Day 13

9. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    Code (Text):
    2. ;Day Thirteen (For Day 14's build).
    4. ;- Edited GHZ1's art some more. Now contains a modified background. (This is worth at least 4 programming changes.) =P
    5. ;- Made eggman monitor work.
    6. ;- Spliff monitor now only works once per act. Trying a second time gets you 50 rings. =P
    7. ;- Implimented code and art, and mappings for a new screen (not currently accessible in game).
    8. ;- Started work on a new ending sequence. If this works right, then it'll be implimented soon, otherwise dropped.
    Day 14
    [​IMG]

Excuse fusion's oversized screenshot export.

10. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Awesome...though about yesterday's...since Super Sonic can go through emerald required blocks/walls...you should make the "return to start" box do nothing while you're super. Also another Super bug, if you come out of water as Super in LZ, you have the super jump height, but have normal Sonic's speed and acceleration...and I'm pretty sure he has normal Sonic's acceleration and jump height underwater but I'm not sure XD Also the same for when speedshoes runs out speed/accel wise..XD

11. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    Noted. I'm working on it =P

12. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Off topic, I know, but... I just realized I've never played an underwater stage with Super Sonic before. :psyduck:

Anyway, I'm waiting for the Day 15 hack before trying. :P

13. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Oh you had the chance lot of times on Sonic 3, HCZ, CNZ, ICZ and LBZ if Im not wrong. Its kinda...cool to run, but since you already jump a lot as SS, jumping on water is slow and you take like 10 seconds to finish the jump lol.

14. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    Code (Text):
    2. ;Day 15 does not exist, 5 years anniversary
    3. ; with missus.
    4. ;==============================================
    :v:

15. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Add a celebration cake ingame! :P

16. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    5 years? What, do you have her tied up or something?

17. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    kinky

18. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    I lol'd at both of these posts.

I won't be adding a cake, too much pointless work. :v:

19. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    Not as many changes as usual due to same reason as yesterday:

Code (Text):
    2. ;Day Fifteen (For Day 16's build).
    4. ;- Made the restart level monitor do nothing if you're Super Sonic, as it's not needed.
    5. ;- Fixed a bug in the ending sequence caused by GHZ's new art
    6. ;- Edited MZ1's background
    7. ;- Added an intro sequence (at the moment, similar to ending sequence, but is coded and runs completely seperate)
    8. ;- Fixed bug causeing super sonic to revert to sonic's regular speed when jumping out of water.
    9. ;- Increased super sonic's speed underwater.
    10. ;- Updated header.
    11. ;- Day 16 special RetroHack screen, featuring the 2 heads of RH's second coming :V Reverts to normal tomorrow
    Day 16

At the moment, I feel like my mind is running dry on ideas. Still, I've got some more (small) changes up my sleeve. =P

20. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    I was confused that you had to find the emerald monitor in order to get to the end of levels. Maybe if the player hasn't gotten the emerald when they reach the barrier at the end, a speech bubble with a emerald can pop up above Sonic (similar to the hearts above Amy in Sonic CD). Something to cue the player in on what's up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.