don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Nope, since the other (unused) characters were also named. From TheGHZ:

2. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    One could say he had a "knack" for finding jewels.

I don't know about Elise, but Tikal was named after the region in South America that inspired the Mystic Ruins. Shahra likely has something to do with the Arabian Nights.

3. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    I had been looking for this since I first posted about vector, thank you.

I knew I wasn't crazy.

Also: Ray the Squirrel.

4. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Flies through the air like a ray of sunshine.

We now return to Sonic Colors discussion.

5. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Holy shit those screens are awesome. I wish I had friends someone to play the co-op with me.

I also had a dream about Colors last night, though it was nothing like the actual game. It was like Mario Galaxy (hurr) and Sonic used Chaos Control to leap from planet to planet. Then there was this room where I would be trapped if I didn't have a key, but could use Chaos Control to get out of there. Weird.

6. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Honestly, if you ask me, since that Wisp is block shaped, I would say he's probably weight based, like Sonic's stomp ability in Sonic Unleashed. It could be useful in some areas. ...Though, I could be wrong.

7. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I'm thinking SEGA was caught somewhat off-guard by Colors's positive reception with the core fanbase, and they're simply adjusting their marketing statements to appeal to an audience they didn't expect to be aiming for at first.

8. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    urite

Also, am I the only person who never liked SA-55 and laments his return?

9. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I was thinking the same way, Solaris. Poor Sega, they never were the best businessmen and women in the world.

10. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Hence why they're in the situation they find themselves today. Sad indeed. Perhaps mortally milking your first biggest hit isn't the best way to build on success.

11. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    So, Iizuka just gave an interview and said:

That's fuckin' ballsy.

12. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    Ken and Iizuka are clearly not PR experts.

13. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Hey, it's not impossible. This game could be better than the 2-D games. They're not unbeatable. + - Not sarcasm.  

14. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    It wouldn't be the first time Iizuka's said such bold statements.

If I recall correctly he said a few months back that he and his team 'thinks they've nailed it' in regards to the 3D Sonic formula. Closer? Yes. 'Nailed'? Ennnhh...not quite yet, no.

15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I have a feeling Iizuka doesn't have a complete grasp on the English language, and doesn't fully understand the implications and connotations of the words he uses. Not trying to say the guy is stupid, but English isn't his first language, after all.

Point being, everything he says should most definitely be taken with a couple grains of salt.

16. NomadTW

NomadTW

Haha, oh sure, that's always a possibility. Either that, or he's just sitting somewhere in an office at Sega sipping a cup of joe with a big ol' coolface watching us RAGE over his statements.

17. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Fang has a fang.

18. NomadTW

NomadTW

19. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Hey you know, thats not ballsy. Thats exactally what they SHOULD think of there own project, if you don't think your game is the best game ever and the best it can be, then it wont be. you shouldent try to make a game thinking you'll never be as good as something else.

Aim high, win BIG!

probably not better than S3&K, but probably likely better than S4 lol

20. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Iizuka better be referring to the recent 2d games since Advance, because there's no way Colors is going to outdo the classics for me. Not one recent Sonic game has done so yet for me. Eagerly looking forward to this game though, I really do think we could have a real gem on our hands with this title.