don't click here

Sonic Free Riders

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Tiranno, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You'd have a lot more money if you didn't spend it on things you don't even want.
    Who knows the money you save on stuff you don't want could eventually get you a Ferrari.

2. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Why bother buying it? You could go onto PartnerNet and pirate it like how people did with the original Sonic 4: Ep. 1 build.

3. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    wouldn't it have to be a download title then?

4. Yuzu

Yuzu

It's not like everybody has access to a working developers kit, unless there's some way to get onto PartnerNET without one.

5. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    I'd be interested if I could buy the game as a budget title without that Kinect shit.

6. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Riders 1 was pretty fun though, while Zero Gravity was horrible. Honestly I think I'm okay with this game as long as it isn't advertised like crazy. At least they removed the superstretchy character designs.

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I've been confused for a while, and forgive me if the answer is within this very thread, but...is this game going to be a retail title, or a downloadable title? I keep getting mixed answers from places I've checked/asked.

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Retail. Just check online shops.

9. Yuzu

Yuzu

I thought it was an XBLA title, gives me less excuse to care about it then I did already, it's not like I'm going to buy a new Xbox 360 and Kinect just to play a port of Riders with new levels. Because I honestly didn't like Riders in the first place.

10. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    Seriously?
    I thought ZG was superior to Riders in every way except the removal of the turbulence wakes and maybe a couple of sub-par level designs.

What was it about ZG you thought was sufficiently worse than normal Riders to brand the whole game as "horrible"?

11. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    The turbulence was really the only retaining feature Sonic Riders even had in my eyes, along with the awesome stunt system.

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I see. I just figured I would have seen one of those little display cases at a store or something, but I suppose there isn't one yet or they just haven't seen the reason in putting any out. Thank you though.

13. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Turbulence was cool at first, but once you realize that it's really just scripted paths and you're unable to go where you want because you get stuck in them, it's suddenly not so cool anymore. Gravity control in ZG, which filled a similar role, was a lot better to me.

14. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    This is why you push both triggers at the same time. =P

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The system could have been refined though, because you'd often get dragged in without wanting to and even using L&R to exit could throw you off the ledge. And let's not forget that last bend in Babylon Garden- if one person went off the edge, everyone else was on a scripted path to follow!

16. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    As far as I knew, I thought the game was supposed to be released as a downloadable title. Seriously, Kinect title should be released as such, unless if playable with normal controlers. I somehow like the Riders series, but I don't think that Free Riders entitles itself for a disk release. It's way too much of a gimmick game.

As far as the previous installments of the series, I preffer the first one over Zero Gravity. You had a lot of control over your character, there was the turbulence system which I aways liked, you could buy different periferals to add abilities not original to a character (like flight to a non-flight type character, and so on), you could run out of air and could run (mind, my friends and I used to race ourselves to see who was the fastest on bare feet :v: ). Also, you could control the speed and height of your jump using the directional buttons, and you actually had to perform the air tricks yourself. I felt like playing SSX... with Sonic characters instead. I aways saw the first one with those lens. Outside of the Gravity play, Zero Gravity was just annoying. The stupid board that mutates substituting the level ups, the gravity gauge that took the place of the air gauge, each character ability was set in stone, Super Sonic sucked kilometers of ass, etc.

That being said, I'm glad they brought back the air gauge, though I'm extremity sad it still inherits the abnormality of not being able to perform your own tricks, instead being rated on your jump timming (though it would be difficult to perform your tricks on Kinect, I'll give you that :v:).

Then again, I think I'll end up not getting this title really, let alone Kinect itself, because Microsoft dumbed down the product drastically, removing the product's processor and letting the 360 itself do the processing job, reducing the camera quality to 320x240px (which happens to be bellow the VGA resolution standard), and removing the finger mappings, so it cannot individually detect fingers joints, along with a whole lot of expecifications, mainly because they are reducing developments costs in order to 'play safe' in face of a potential 'fail' of the periferal.

In other words, I was going to buy Kinect and Free Riders, but I'm not interested anymore. I don't want another 32X stocking dust in my room.

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Well, at least they acknowledge this thing has the potential to flop hard. At $150, they have a lot to prove.

18. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Matter of fact, didn't the 32X cost $150 at launch?

19. SA2

SA2

Sonic's dead; fly down to his corpse Member
    This has been confirmed for Kinect only, right?

Then why did that guy in that video mention a PS2 version? Unless he has no idea what he's talking about..

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The latter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.