don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What boggles my mind is the Sonic representation. Every series has one character to represent them, and 5 franchise have levels, each with 3 each. But then there's Sonic, which has 7 or 8 characters (8 with Metal Sonic anyway), and 9 or 10 levels. I would like to have seen some more love with other franchises. I would have liked to see Bayonetta in the game, or whatever you play as in Rez... or the daytona car.

2. Good thinking! I'm on it, like green contacts on insecure hedgehogs.

Also, last night I got the idea to change all of Robotnik's lines to his far better VA from Sonic Adventure/2/Heroes. RIP Deem Bristow.

OK, Here is the new Super Sonic theme, from Sonic Adventure: http://rapidshare.com/files/409509661/sprsonic.mp3 I edited the intro, the middle, and sort of made an end so that it would be the same length as the in-game theme. What do you think?

3. Ranger

Ranger

BBQ flickies Member
    Canuckistan
    Sonic and the Rings of Order RPG
    Well, the problem with this is unlike, say, Nintendo, Sega doesn't really have any universally known franchises. Nintendo has Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid etc. so they can split it all up mostly evenly in games like Smash Bros, whereas Sega only really has Sonic and a bunch of one-off games. Before ASR, I didn't even know Super Monkey ball was a Sega game.

And I would've liked to see Ristar or the Space Harrier guy. But mostly Segata Sanshiro.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    True, that's not to say Sonic couldn't of had 4 or 5 characters represent his franchise and 6 levels though. It could have still been called Sonic and Sega All star racing if that was the case. Also many of the characters already in the game are pretty unknown but that didn't stop them. The Bonanza Bros (seriously, why?), Opa Opa, Alex Kidd, and prob another one or two.

Playable Ristar and Nights would have been good too. Same with Segata Sanshiro

5. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    That works! :thumbsup:

6. What saddens me is that there is not going to be Shenmue DLC. :( They could have easily taken the docks from level 1 and made a level out of it.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Thing is, if you look up early videos form the game they WERE using "Theme of Super Sonic" from SA1 for him. Why they changed is anyone's guess.

8. Here is an update: I am halfway through changing the taxi driver's lines to Benny's lines from Total Recall.

It's great, but it would be a lot easier if I didn't have to make the lines as short as the ones I'm replacing. But at least during his special bouncing attack, he says "I'm gonna SQUASH you!!"

9. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Man, ASR hacking sounds fun.

I don't believe I've played this game since April. I still have my RC Crabmeat and Eggman glasses on my Avatar though.

10. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I played the game back in... May? June?

The last patch they issued for the game seems to have broken a lot of stuff. A post I wrote on GAF:

It's a shame, really. Part of me hopes that the rumors of a sequel are true, just because the 360 version of the game seems kind of busted now.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I've only noticed the bounce thing with Ryo in Highway Zero, yeah. It's pretty annoying.

Can't say I've noticed the rest happening, though.

This is the PS3 version, BTW, which I think would have got similar fixes to the 360 version.

12. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Makes me glad I got the DS version.

13. Is there a way to replace Big with Metal Sonic in the PC version? Hacking-wise, I mean?

14. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Not likely, from the bit of research I did into the game, they made changes in the model format for each version of the game.

15. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Wait, are you guys saying they patched the 360 version and added a bunch of bugs and shit?

Fantastic. The chance of me popping the game back in an XBOX just got even less likely.

16. I just recorded a video with the taxi driver as Benny from Total Recall, on a Robotnik level with alternate music. It's great. I should have it posted within 24 hours, and after that, the hacked file.

17. Here is the video! If you don't see an HD option, simply download the original, and it should be in 720p. Enjoy!

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    One thing I always found odd in this game. They for some reason use the AiAi head from the GC era of games before the characters got redesigned. I wonder why they didn't use the newer life icon which not only uses the new design but faces forward like all the other characters rather than the 3/4s view the one they chose had?

19. So, uh. Any thoughts on my hack?

20. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    It's alright, but I find some of the changes really out of place. Replacing a song in a stage for another song that fits better is one thing, but replacing it with something completely random (even if it's good) seems kind of pointless, as does changing a character's lines with those from another unrelated character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.