don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Why isn't there a GIF of him punching a boulder already.

2. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    You got all the gif people running off and affixing Sonics head to Chris now lol

3. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Actually, you know, listening to it again, it doesn't sound that Griffith like...but it is a little flat.

I'm sure he's talented enough to find the right pitch, so we'll see.

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
  5. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    To be fair, so is the rest of the acting in that video. Given the storytelling method it's showing off, it's probably more because of direction—kind of like how all those spectacular actors sucked so hard in the Klonoa remake for the Wii.

@ Chimpo

...Because the SEGA forum stole them all, that's why.

6. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Going by the video I guess the voice is okay, but I hope the delivery isn't the same. Considering how much that can vary depending on the context (here we've got a hammy character of questionable sanity and the aforementioned method of presenting dialogue), it may be okay.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I see The Curse has struck yet again in terms of news items, me being on extended afk, and drama =P

As for the actual news - I've not heard of either the Sonic or the Tails actors, but then I've not played any of the titles Blognik lists. Oh well, no biggie. =P It IS nice to see Pollock's been kept on, though - out of a largely forgettable 4Kids cast, the man whose character's previous VA's death triggered the entire cast change in the first place stepped up to the mark very well and has always been the best of the lot. Very happy with this.

Was it ever in doubt? =P

8. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I really hope you're joking. Your logic is asinine.

9. NomadTW

NomadTW

Well sure, that's understandable. That's my only fear here, really, is that the direction will be poor. But I've got faith...for now.

10. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Given that the directing in Unleashed was obviously so much better than previous games, and that they're going to the trouble of getting good writers and actors this time, I doubt they'll overlook something as elementary as a goddamn director. If they did, I think I might shoot someone.

11. I don't think the voices I've seen them do already are going to be very fitting for the characters (especially Tails sounding like Sakura, although anything's better than his stupid Amy Palant voice), but nonetheless I'm very eager to see how it's going to turn out. I might end up liking it once I hear them in action.

12. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    After listening to these, I think these two can do a great job as Sonic and Tails. I can really hear RCS's potential to channel Ryan Drummond's Sonic, or even something just as good, especially from that first voice clip of his. As for Kate as Tails, the first thing I thought of after hearing her voice reel was some of Tails' voice clips from Sonic Heroes, so she could do a great job as well.

Now, as for future VAs, (after seeing that Zagi clip) who's the voice of Yuri from Tales of Vesperia? He'd be a good Knuckles, or even Espio. Vector definitely could use a better voice, as his voice transition to Sonic X didn't treat him so well. I guess it worked for Sonic X, as Vector was overall portrayed as this silly character that made rash decisions with honest intentions, but I'd still like to hear a voice closer to the one he had in Sonic Heroes-- that voice fit his style in the games much closer.

Come to think of it, of all the other 4Kids VAs that got the boot, I think the 4Kids VA for Rouge should also have stayed on the cast. Her voice was almost spot-on for the character compared to the voice used for Rouge pre-Shadow the Hedgehog. I think Blaze's VA should also stay on board, as her voice fit Blaze quite well. Charmy's 4Kids VA can also stay; I liked his voice in Sonic X. As for Amy, Kate Higgins could also have made a good Amy, but since it's better for the voices to be differentiated (so people can't say "Hey! Amy sounds like Tails!"), the best VA I can think of for the role would be. . . this is a tough one, actually. I'm sure whoever SEGA picks for the role will do really well, though.

As for Shadow, strangely enough when I thought of Shadow's new VA, I immediately thought Johnny Yong Bosch. He would do a good job, too.

13. After hearing Kate's animation reel, I think she may have some potential here. Although, I think some of the clips in there remind me a bit too much of Tails' 4kids voice.

I'm still a little iffy on Roger..

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh and another character's voice that will be completely fixed now. Rouge (if she's ever in another game that is)! No more will she sound like a used up 40 year old smoking whore... hopefully. I don't see what was wrong with her SA2 voice

15. NomadTW

NomadTW

Actually, if you listen towards the end of Higgin's demo reel, she does a voice that I think would suit Rouge quite well. That's if they decided to go that route again, reusing the same VA for different characters.

16. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Yeah but there never comming back, Tails VA in SA2 was the best too, but given the VA was like a 10 year old boy, he'd be atleast 20 by now, wouldent quite work XD

17. Fiamonder

Fiamonder

Amsterdam
    Sonic Generations & Knuckles
  18. Flare

Flare

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Hold it, there's no confirmation that that's the new voice. Much like it doesn't seem like Alton Towers guy is the new Sonic either.

20. Fiamonder

Fiamonder

Amsterdam
    Sonic Generations & Knuckles
    ...You're right, someone showed it to me and I kind of flipped and posted it while I wasn't thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.