don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Well, Sonic seems to have got past all those awkward teen phases—you know, the difficulties of growing up and realizing his dimensions are changing in awkward ways; realizing he's grown out of his childhood superheroes; growing past that phase where he was fascinated with guns, weird sex, and cursewords; and finally shedding his intense need to take out his anger by beating things up. It's been an awkward run through puberty, and I'm not entirely sure he's ready to pay the rent on his own, but daddy can't hold his hand forever. Sometimes you just need to kick your kid out of the house and let him learn how to pay the bills and keep the fridge stocked the hard way. Sad, but true. :(

2. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    And other times, if you treat your kid right despite how much of a beaten you got during his development, or the doubts about your success, he could become famous and continue printing money as long as you play ball with him every once in a while.

<div align='right'>[​IMG]</div>

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Moving on...

Checking out the SSMB version of this topic, The people there are in a uproar about sonic's VA changing again thanks to this guy's post. Hasn't it already been confirmed that Griffith is VAing SC?

Whatever. I don't think thats the franchise changing news anyways.

4. Has anyone mentioned that this could be another delay? Or, for some strange reason, the announcement of Episode 2?

Just throwing out ideas I guess, it's just hard to believe that this is going to be seriously "Franchise-changing" news.

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Only in the Sonic community would that be considered franchise changing.

Yes, a delay has been mentioned a million times.

6. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    Yet another thought what if it's another TV series, with a new story arc. I think I'm right in saying that Sega did well out of Sonic X.

7. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    If they do another cartoon, let's hope they never use 4Kids again.

8. sparx-1

sparx-1

They're probably just going to reveal something story-related that affects the story of the series as a whole, like maybe some sort of origin story for Sonic himself or something. One thing that's for sure though is that whatever it is, it's going to make some fans start complaining even louder.

9. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    They didn't "use" 4Kids. An anime studio made an anime and 4Kids does what it always does: screwed it up even more than the original material did in the first place.

Whether the rights and shit that go along with that necessarily mean 4Kids will be involved in any further animated series, I have no idea.

10. Tobibrocki

Tobibrocki

AKR, I don't think its a good idea to bring that (or SatAM) up. You know what happens when someone talks about something SatAM related or the show itself. Just a friendly warning, I think you went through enough stuff dude. =/

Allright, back on topic, I don't know what they will announce, but an announcement of an announcement got old really fast. And looking at what they revealed for colours, I really don't think its anything big at all.
    A TV Series IS quite a big thing aswell as a movie, but those barely influence the games in some way (well, unless you count Chili Dogs).
    Its either something with the management, the way they produce a game, the number of Sonic games they will bring out every year or it has something to do with the Developers/Development house.

It has been said it has nothing to do with the games themselves but it might influence them, so, this rules out quite a bit of stuff actually.
    But, if I had to choose one of the things I mentioned, it probably would be the Development house, maybe they aquired a new one that we don't know of?
    Or something else like "Dimps is now officially part of Sonic Team" or something like that (wich wouldn't surprise me), who knows... .

11. ShenziSixaxis

ShenziSixaxis

Urgh. SATam. :argh:

Quite honestly, I liked Sonic X and personally think a series similar-ish to it would make more of an impact than a movie. Sonic X has sucked up more of my interest than the OVA has.

12. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    They're probably just going to announce that they're going to announce something soon. inb4 vague trailer with no real content

13. Tobibrocki

Tobibrocki

Uhm, yeah, about that, I gotta say that you're right in some way, Sonic X expanded the Fanbase by quite a huge number. But I haven't seen how it influenced the games themselves (since it was kinda based on the games you know).

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

So they're announcing that they're announcing an announcement?

Somehow, I find it hard to put it past 'em. :v:

15. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Sonic ceases to be a hedgehog in the series reboot:

Sonic the Left Testicle

*sonic1theme.mid*

16. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    Dear SEGA.

Make it this.

Love Max.

PS. Please dear God make it this.

17. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Starts off well but is rather flawed, got boring by half way in, whoever made it doesn't understand the concept of space.

6/10

18. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
    There WAS that poll a while back that talking about a prequel. Maybe it's that? Don't see why we'd need one though.

19. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy

When has a Sonic game EVER understood the concept of space?

20. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Am I the only one who thinks the way his quills look while Super Sonic is just...great? I wouldn't mind seeing that version of Super Sonic in a 3D game.
    + - I do think it's strange his eyes stayed the same, but eh, minor detail, no biggie  

It sucks the person said it's going to remain unfinished for...a while, if not forever. That seriously needs to be finished. Well, it's up to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.