don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metal-Geo

Metal-Geo

Toot toot Member
    They're gonna reboot the Sonic franchise...

Step 1: Kill all the fans. :v:

2. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I can't see this being much.

Will be interesting to see what it is though!

3. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Pretty much only excited for the Colors news, since it's more specific as to what it will be about then the "oooohhh Franchise Changing ooooohhh" announcement.

4. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    Another thought what if they are just going to shove some Sonic toys into happy meals.

5. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Could this be related to the Sonic on 3DS?

6. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    The word 'franchise' according to UrbanDictionary. In our case, they might change the original gameplay forever, I think they always intended sonic to be fast only (hold right to win kind-of gameplay) and no platforming, and now they are doing it.

7. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I'm pretty sure it is. The thing is, what kind of gimmick do they plan to implement? And I'm going to bet that it'll have something to do with the 3D screen.

8. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Not game related, so problably, no.

9. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Ack, I was going by this post:
    In before new villian >_>

10. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    I just read through the whole thread again, and if sega sells sonic to dimps it probably wont be that bad. Dimps will only be publishing while sonic team's level art and programming will still be there (and even maybe yuji naka's return)

11. ArchangelUK

ArchangelUK

Used to do things. No one quite recalls what. Member
    UK
    Saying anything in this fanbase can technically lead to dumb and pointless speculation SS to be fair(!) Though you do get some really good debates more often than not. I kind of regretted saying it that way immediately, even if I did obviously (I thought) say it all overdramatically - it wasn't a deliberate case of deliberately announcing an announcement. More a case of "whats coming next week? Well there's a couple of things to look forward to." but yeah I've seen some corkers so far in terms of guesses.

I'd just wait for Thursday and then you can all have a go at me to your hearts content and start chewing over whats actually been revealed. It should certainly provoke discussion.

Correct. Now please hold still...

Not specifically game related... eh, you'll see.

12. Endri

Endri

If LocalH is ever remotely right -and the article mentioned actuall makes sense- then FJAIOSD OJPAFGAD JNODAJOP POJ.

Seriously, if SEGA-SAMMY is really making a HD home console, shit is going to happen, since it would mean that Sonic games could no longer be released as third-party titles for other companies's consoles. That would certainly be franchise changing alright.

Then again, AAUK said that the announcement is nothing THAT big, so it's probably not it. Also, if it was ever the case, SEGA would certainly use E3 as an opportunity to announce it and build hype. Therefore the announcement is problably going to be something stupid.

13. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    EDIT: Nevermind, read ArchangelUK's post.

Something to look forward to eh? Alright I'm a little intrigued.

14. Endri

Endri

Oh...

Oohh!

I see what you did! I get it

Well, that'll certainly rise discussion, not necessarily from the fanbase itself.

15. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Awesome =P

So basically it may (not) involve a game in this very specific case, but it can affect other things, right?

16. NomadTW

NomadTW

Right, not sure I'm following all this vagueness guys. :flunked:

17. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Certain characters won't be allowed to be used anymore in other media?
    No more action figures?
    Sonic theme park?
    Sonic Movie?

18. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    You may be on to something. It may be all this crap with Ken Penders is making Sega think twice about giving them access to Sonic... that would be pretty franchise-changing if you asked me. It's not related to the games... but would this be considered too big of news?

19. NomadTW

NomadTW

How is a Sonic Movie franchise changing? I mean, unless it's like someone already mentioned and they start adapting the games to the movies they come out with...

...which I'm pretty sure won't happen. Hopefully.

And yeah, the Penders thing, I think that might have something to do with it.

20. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Sonic Movie sounds plausible (especially for Sega VE Animtation Studios to be on it), something relating to characters in the Sonic franchise (relating to the Penders shenanigans), or a change in voice actors for Sonic (since the one from Colors really doesn't sound like him; and I'm not talking of the announcer).

My hopeless dreams are + - classic Sonic returns, Sega-Sammy's console is real, Yuji Naka comes back as programmer, Noato Oshima comes back as art designer, and... ok, a movie by Sega's VE Animation Studios would be awesome too XP   .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.