don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
    www.joystiq.com/2010/07/15/sonic-franchise-handed-off-to-dimps/

That or a reboot are all I can think of, and what with Sonic Colors still being in the same "timeline" as the previous games the latter is doubtful. I look forward to Thursday either way.

2. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Anyone mention a voice actor change?

Cuz yanno, that would be neat, I guess. And franchise changing. I think.

3. Wasn't Monkey Ball from Amusement Vision? Did they change it during the restructuring?

4. Tobibrocki

Tobibrocki

Now, this is just speculation but in my eyes, it will have something to do with the Developers, I am quite sure about that, since, when a Developer changes, the Franchise Changes aswell (sometimes more, sometimes less), and its nothing big when its an already known Development house.
    Or they just come around and say, "we won't do that many Sonic Games anymore from now on, so you gotta be patient for a new Sonic", or something like that.

But yeah, its speculation, .....couldn't they just say what it was in the first place? This "Announcing an Announcement" stuff is kinda silly! :/

5. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Didn't they rule out developers changing though?

6. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    Classic designs would only be franchise changing if they used them in every game IMO.

7. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    using an old design isn't changing anything.

8. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Yeah, Monkey Ball is AV, but the fact that it's pretty much been MONKEY BALL SONIC FOOTBALL MANAGER TOTAL WAR TOKEN ONE-OFF GAME BY A WESTERN HOUSE THAT IS QUICKLY FORGOTTEN for the past couple of years is getting stale. Would love to see new franchises actually developed or old ones revitalized instead.

9. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    The thing is, Mike Hayes has been pretty clear he doesn't want to heavily invest in new IPs. That's why Alpha Protocol was essentially left to die.

10. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    That's all fine and well—Kalinske had a similar strategy in the early-to-mid 90s of buying Western-developed 1.5 party games. The difference is that I think we would consider games like Ecco, TJ&E, the 2K series, etc. to be Sega franchises even if they aren't properly "franchises" in the traditional sense of them being owned by Sega directly.

Also, I just assumed that the reason Alpha Protocol was left to die was because it was rubbish and they didn't want another Iron Man/Iron Man 2 situation on their hands. :specialed:

11. What good would a return to the classic designs do? The old designs were less detailed and made less sense aesthetically. If Sonic runs as fast as he does all ****ing day, you would assume he'd be slimmer than the classic design was. Putting more focus on classic style gameplay is something to be excited about.

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    The wonderful marketing team will point you towards the direction of Sonic 4.

I'm honestly sick of the Sonic PR people doing bullshit like this.

13. Me too.
    What's the point in making an announcement for an announcement? It only gets people's hopes up.

14. Maximum publicity, minimum effort. Annoying? Mhm, especially when they got everyone's hopes up to announce that Sonic 4 delay, but it's undeniably effective.

15. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    I'm thinking they're going to announce another Shadow game or maybe there's been so much bitching over S4 that they will just say there will only ever be one episode.

16. This is pretty much equivalent to announcing Sonic's death. :P

17. Stonerboy

Stonerboy

SEGA are going to announce a change in direction for all future Sonic games in order to enter the "hip-hop" market. From now on, every game will be mine cart-based, with a continuous loop of Ridin' by Chamillionaire as BGM. Expect Kinect to be the only controlling option. Also, Sonic will collect grills instead of rings.

18. I actually know a person on the SEGA forum who would probably be happy about this. :l

19. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    It'd be cool if a feature-length movie were announced to be shown in theatres and the like, although I'm probably wrong. I don't see what they can announce that changes the franchise any more than the announcement of a new game or design or something like that though.

20. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Note that this so-called announced will have nothing to do with the games.

Since it's nothing major, I'm not interested anymore. I am interested in more news about Sonic Colors though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.