don't click here

Sonic Free Riders

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Tiranno, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    A flood of games is only bad if it's a crapflood. And despite my contemptuous attitude towards the static screenshots, this actually looks really nice in motion (which may or may not be because the screen is several miles away on a dodgy camera, but whatever).

I'll just have to make sure I only ever play this game when everyone else is out of the house and with the curtains drawn. LOL RETARD FLAILING.

2. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I really hope that nobody buys Kinect for Sonic Riders.

3. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Nah, they just need to have a decent number of games for the peripheral in order to sell the peripheral. Sonic Riders won't do anything by itself, but every game counts. The trouble with peripherals is that they have a tendency to lack games that support them, which is why a lot of 'em fall by the wayside.

4. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    I quite enjoy the Sonic riders series. If their are going to quite a selection of characters, I'm hoping we gets some Sonic characters. I hate when they use Billy Hatcher, NiGHTS etc.

The Chaotix need a Riders debut, even if it's just one of the crew.

5. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Says the man who bought a 360 for sonic '06 :P

Just watched the youtube clip, looks rather fun and seems to control well with the camera, biggest flaw with these kinds of games is when you do a move and the camera just doesn't see it.

It also just occured to me that "Sonic free riders" is like a stupid twist to "Sonic riders three" if you see what I mean, it's free because you move around but it's also the third sonic riders game. :eng101:

6. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    Prepare to be disappointed. :\

Concur. Who wants to unlock Aiai anyway?
    No-one, that's who.

7. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
  8. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Sonic Riders... can't resist...

Does this Kinetik shit works with any Xbox 360 system, or only in the new Slim version? I am NOT going to buy another system just for that. But if it works on the regular 360 then I might end up getting it, if it's not too expensive, of course. The brazilians are idiots, and thanks to the absurd taxes, the periferal will end up being $1.500 or so.

I hope Super Sonic doesn't sucks like the one from Zero Gravity.

9. GameboyHero

GameboyHero

The amount of bullshit he has to deal with...poor Member
    TX
    Kinetik works with all 360, although if you don't have a new slim 360, you'll have to plug in the power for kinetik into a wall output (360 slim has a special plug on the system just for Kinetik).

It does look fun, and while I enjoyed the last Riders, there isn't much for just getting the damn camera for this game. Shame really but oh well.

10. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    What else could they buy then? Kinetimals? :v:
    Free Riders still seems one the best Kinect launch title for me. At least is not incredibly retarded (apart from the stupid body waggle)

11. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Sorry to disappoint you then, cause it looks like I'm guaranteed to do so; ESPECIALLY if Silver returns from the second game.

Also RE: Super Sonic:

For the love of Primus, can someone ELSE use the Chaos Emerald gear along with Sonic? At the VERY least, let Shadow use it, and if you wanna go all out, Knuckles and Silver too.

Hell, How about they let Knuckles have a MASTER Emerald gear, so he can bust out his Emerald Power form from ASR. That'd be HOT.

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Love that Master Emerald power up.

"IT'S AN ECHIDNA SHOCK WAVE!"

"SHUT UP! HAMMER PUNCH!!"

(hits EVERYONE on the track)

13. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    You know what, guys? Fuck it, this looks fun and I can't see the harm in it if someone has a Kinect (meaning definitely don't buy the kinect FOR this.).

14. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Yeah people. Simply don't buy Kinect for this.

Buy Kinect for this instead.

15. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

You may be being sarcastic, but this and Free Riders were the two games that had me interested in Kinect.

srsly

EDIT:

IGN preview with video

Wow, it's practically a tech demo. NOTHING'S finalized. It looks like they ported Riders 1 to the system and are building off it. That's why E-10000G was there.

Well, I hope they don't make it hardgay like ZG was. Also I hope the riders 1 level up system stays, as well as boost attacking.

16. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
  17. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I know from experience. :(

18. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

T'be honest, the more I think about Kinect and Sonic Free Riders, the more potential I see in the stuff, but if the price isn't feasible, it won't matter. At least PlayStation Move seems to have that much going for it, be it WiiS3 Motion Plus or otherwise; I'll probably wind up getting that however the cards fall, but Kinect is another matter entirely. Shame, too, because it does look promising in its own maverick way. Reminds me of an old PS1 peripheral I saw an ad for but never actually saw used for anything, except this probably works. Somewhat.

19. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

There's a confirmed price now?

20. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

All I know is that the price I've been hearing for the Move is significantly lower than the prices that keep popping up in Kinect conversations, but I'm not sure either one's confirmed. Given that Move is a motion-control Wiimote knockoff (except it probably works better than what it knocks off), I'll be surprised if the price is any different than what I heard. Kinect, on the other hand... not so sure. But I did use that little two-letter-word known as "if," didn't I?

Keep in mind I'm talking from the perspective of an unemployed gamer who has to pick his purchases with care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.