don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

I can't believe noone thought about this game :

[​IMG]

2. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Let's see, Sonic running fast, bright cartoony settings, new additions that are neither photo realistic freaks or generic Sonic and Tails clones, looks hopeful actually, though I shouldn't jinx it.

The short time before the release date makes me worry this will come out too early and unfinished however (though it would make sense if Sonic Team got some decent undisturbed development time on this while everyone was hyped up about Sonic 4).

I'm interested how the gimmick may work, just so long as they expand on it enough. Too many of the recent gimmicks in the series (eg. Black Knight's swordsplay, Unleashed's Werehog combat) are rather limited and make the game incredibly repetitive.

3. Why does nobody remember Mario Galaxy wasn't the first game to try out gravity platforming.

Remember Mad Space from SA2? It was much worse, but you can see where the idea came from.

Also, like I've said before, the "Rock Suit" is just Mario's Spindash.
    Look at the animation. Its just like the SA2 spindash, except bigger and with a Rock Texture attached to it.

4. The concept intrigues me greatly, and the Wisp powers immediately reminded me of something resembling Mario's power-up suits from the Galaxy games. Like has been said though, if this is essentially Sonic Galaxy, I'm not complaining.

I expect we'll see some proper gameplay footage at Nintendo's press event at E3, so it won't be long 'til we can tell what exactly to expect.

5. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

A boost gauge? Even though there's been like three games (Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, and Sonic Unleashed) where it's pretty much a must to use it in certain situations or just about the whole time to even enjoy the game? Well shit.

6. NHY

NHY

Well then, that was unexpected.

I feel the vibe from that teaser was better than anything released for Sonic 4 so far.

Might be a reason to pick up my DS come Christmas. ( I don't have a Wii )

7. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    It IS definitely an inspiration though... Heck, I can recall an article in which they literally state that Unleashed was directly inspired by it.

That being said, I'm actually surprised how well this looks. It's colourful, it's got Sonic and Tails. They do have some Chao-like creatures, which is a shame since Chao would've fit just the same. But theme parks with roller-coasters? Sounds very Sonic-y. As long as they don't make it 1 long string of QTE's, this shows promise.

8. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Sounds like a decent idea, but I'd like to see gameplay before I say anything though. I'm liking the visual direction, however. I'm glad Sonic Team are slowly moving away from making Sonic realistic and/or dark lately, even Unleashed, however good it looked, still was based on realworld environments. It's cool to see a mainstream console Sonic game that has a peppy and bright art style for once. Not like, mega-excited or anything but I'd like to see how this plays.

9. They still managed to keep them surreal, though. That's one of the things I liked about it. A place you know exists, but still seems like a fantasy world. I would not mind one bit if they did that here, or in any other game. It's not like Green Hill Zone, but it's as good.

10. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Yeah, why reuse a key concept from three of the best Sonic games of the past ten years?

11. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I thought they said the speed boost was set to only when Sonic uses one of the Wisps.

And if that's the case, then what's Sonic's normal moveset? *prays for rolling and Spin dash*

12. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I'm still kinda WTF at this whole thing but:

1. fuck tails

2. Lol "colours"

3. I just had to do this

The teaser is pretty and I like that music

13. Maybe they were talking about Speed Boots. I'm ok with that. VERY ok with that. They could just temporarily replace monitors/whatever they use these days. Have a speed one, an invincibility one, one that breaks through walls (aka drill), Cloud Sonic, et al.

Fix'd.

14. I did, I just didn't log in. Incidentally, I finally beat 1000-Meteo War the other night. Fuck yeah.

I have nothing really to say about the game itself until I see footage, but it sounds neat and a good use of a gimmick (remember Riders and how nobody liked it even though it was an interesting gimmick? No?).

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

16. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Well, I wasn't prepared for this at all. Okay, so:

This. A hundred times this. This is always the factor that makes or breaks a Sonic game for me right off the bat, so they've genuinely piqued my interest here for the first time since Heroes. The environment shown certainly looks like they're on the right track, and the setting/premise sounds pretty fantastic.

So, the aliens. Some of them look a bit shit, but hey, whatever. Now, the proposed gimmick actually has a lot of potential going for it, but only in concept. This could very easily go either way- who's to say this won't turn out like Heroes with 8 characters instead of 3? I can't expect all of these aliens to contribute something worthwhile to the gameplay. This system's success will hinge entirely on whether or not these things feel like actual power-ups and not mandatory shitty character swaps a-la Sonic '06.

The music? The first 5 seconds sounds great, the rest is a bit garbage. They've certainly got the right idea, though, so we'll see how that turns out. Also, the title and logo are uncompromisingly homosexual and need to be changed. That's actually my only complaint so far!

17. Amethyst

Amethyst

I'm sorry but, if it's something other than blasting through levels at high speed count me out. :colbert:

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Sounds to me like they made Eggmanland a whole game. :v:

That said, will wait to see more before commenting.

19. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    No idea why, but as soon as I saw those alien things, It reminded me of these - those new weird London Olympics mascots.

I could be completely off the mark here, but what else has there been around that has 1 eye?

[​IMG]

20. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    With pleasure.