don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    This looks great. Sonic and Tails running together, looks cutesy, strange alien worlds, funky little music. This is already promising, although the name is definately iffy. But fuck it, this will probably be half good!

2. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    This is supposedly just a Wii/DS release though, so I doubt this is Sega's big 20th anniversary game.

3. Wesker

Wesker

No.

[​IMG]

And I was going to say the same as RGamer2009.

That trailer is pretty similar to this intro also.

4. InstantSonic

InstantSonic

Just add water! Oldbie
    What Sonic fans are TRULY anticipating is rule 34 on the Wisps.

5. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    The music sounds a little like a faster Splash Hill Act 1 at first.

6. Megane

Megane

PONY TIME Member
    Leaping through time, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that the next leap will be the leap home.
    One of the Wisps is a blue box with a stubby little antenna on top. The one that draws the "C" in Sonic in the trailer.

It looks like the Doctor's TARDIS. Time travel powers?

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    That, and Sonic's 20th anniversary isn't until next year.

8. This was my exact thought when people were all "ffffffs fire Jun".

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Thank fuck for that. I was worried there for a second. =P

Sounds interesting - also answers the "What has Sonic Team been doing" question. Though it does leave one other question - what about the 360 & PS3? If this is the next game in the Storybook game slot does that mean that series has been abandoned?

10. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Which makes me wonder what's so bad about Sonic 4 music beside the crappy instrumentation.

But I admit this game looks interesting. But since it's on the Wii, I want to be sure to see some screenshots before discussing about how it "looks".

Since this can't be the 20th anniversary game, is Sonic Team really working on this, or it's made by another team?

Well, if it plays like Unleashed, it can't be bad. I wonder if Tails is playable/follows in every stage or is just for support like Sonic Rush.

11. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    That they're not announcing anything for the higher-end consoles just yet, instead filling the time with downloadables and a Wii/DS title (less demanding development cycles all around) is a pretty good sign they've got their priorities straight and won't be overtaxing the franchise.

As for the game itself, it's an intriguing concept. I'm curious. But there's not much to say until we get some kind of footage or something.

12. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    From the first look on it, I need to say that I'm looking more forward to this than I ever did to S4 yet. The only thing I don't get is, why is Sega already starting a new game before their current Sonic project is still in development?

13. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Still need to see how the game is actually played before I can feel at ease about it. The environment, Sonic, Tails, and the music shown off look okay...but they don't really indicate a whole lot about the actual game, especially being pre-rendered.

14. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Considering Dimps worked on the Wii version of Unleashed and this game seems to be based on the Unleashed formula, I think its' a safe bet to assume this isn't a project Sonic Team is going to be completely in charge of.

I'm pretty excited about this game. I was also drawing parallels to 3D Blast with the aliens; the idea of them giving you power-ups seems intriguing.

I loved the vibe the trailer was giving off. It was a very classic feel, with Sonic and Tails going to some different place to save it's inhabitants. I feel like this is a kind of Sonic game that can do without in-game cutscenes and I hope they decide not to include them.

I am in agreement in that I hope the speed-bar mentioned will be a power-up rather than a permanent inclusion, as it would be nice for this game to have a focus on platforming rather than Unleashed's 100% sprint all the time; though it was fun, it would be nice to change up the pace a little bit.

With no Werehog in sight, hopefully they'll be working on really polishing and tightening the levels so that we get a really good experience. I can't help but be optimistic about this one.

15. See: Here

DIMPS are developing Sonic 4, Sonic Team are developing this.

This game seems to be the "BIG NEWS", but they screwed up the timing by....a few days....
    If this is indeed just "Unleashed Day", then it won't take much for them to produce it, and it seems like something to ease the wait for Sonic 4.
    They may also have the 20th Anniversary special in the works, but with much higher production values obviously.

16. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    Wow, you're quick. I was just about to say "in b4 someone rages about Sonic Team not doing Sonic 4", etc etc.
    The Sonic Team that made the first three Sonic games is long gone. Get over it.
    Also, if the new Sonic Team were to develop S4, it'd probably be pretty terrible, even compared to what we've already seen, which is mediocre at worst and will (hopefully) get better with help from the release date pushback.

17. Let the 450+ pages of conjecture commence!

I'unno, looks pretty, has a nice little snippet of song, and it's on two consoles which are pretty inexpensive to play games on. I'm all for it.

Honestly, this is the first thing I thought of:
    [​IMG]

18. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I'm somewhat interested, but the creatures running around... eh... As long as they're some sort of power ups and only that, I don't see the problem. They could expand on the Chao as well, though I was never a great fan of those annoying creatures. The story and the vibe does seem like Sonic 3D. I'm interested.

19. Lol LittleBigPlanet for the MegaDrive

Yeah, this seems like a filler to me.
    A rather good filler, nonetheless

20. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    And yet again, Sonic hops clumsily on Nintendo's bandwagon.
    Sonic Galaxy confirmed ;3