don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
    Looks to me like a really good acid trip.

2. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    it looks whimsical and fun. I'm interested.

3. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
  4. GoGoThursday

GoGoThursday

Perhaps the setting on various alien planets will allow for more imaginative, surreal levels, rather than the realistic Earth-like settings of late. The "sci-fi themed amusement park" statement sounds promising, as does the "2D/3D gaming perspective". Of course we'll have to wait and see the gameplay before properly judging it!

Also, my favourite comment on NeoGAF:
    I echo the sentiment for the UK release!

5. [​IMG]

A WINNER IS YOU
    Holiday 2010 is this Christmas, right? It certainly looks trippy does this, but for some reason the logo makes me think of Columns or Puyo Puyo.

Oh, yes this. This shall be to Colours what Green Eyes is to S4.

6. Caelestis

Caelestis

Can we do that anyway? If it did nothing else right, Unleashed demonstrated his time's come and gone.

As for the game itself, it sounds like Rush repackaged slightly on Chaotix's premise. I'll wait until I know who is behind the development before making serious judgments about the potential quality of this project.

7. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    I'm not one for being hyped too easily over a trailer, but I'll be damned if I'll let this opportunity pass. I've been waiting for a mainstream Sonic game on the DS since September 2007. (I completed Sonic Rush Adventure on the week it came out back then and have been waiting since) and it's coming to the Wii as well? Sounds good.
    I also happily welcome the fun, child-like look the trailer has put forward for this.
    With Sonic being portrayed as so damn serious all the time lately, it's about time he loosened up.

8. Whackjood

Whackjood

The use of colour and the lines made me instantly think of this little gem.

[​IMG]

Would be interesting to see Sonic rolling around like that. But, regardless, this is just whimsical musing.

9. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Eggman Amusment Park being the games setting? This reminds me of something... :v:

Anyway, seeing Sonic and Tails together already makes me happy. The aliens are also cute; I love the visuals in the trailer :3

10. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    So if you guys noticed in the press release, it mentions a boost gauge.

Banking on Sonic Rush/Unleashed gameplay to be present.

11. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Interesting concept so far. Now I have 2 games to look forward to at the end of 2010. :D

12. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
  13. You know what this game reminds me of for some reason?

[​IMG]

No reason other than the birds and the aliens, but still...

Also I wonder is this is part of the storybook series...

14. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Sorry I was too busy staring at your freaky sig

If it plays like Unleashed did in the Daytime Stages, I wouldn't be surprised. We've been asking for that for a long time; could this be SEGAs creative answer?

From what I hear too, the Aliens seem to give the player unique abilities. Possibly a homage to the Element Shields?

15. That was my first thought as well. Hopefully, it's not part of the storybook series, especially after Black Knight.

16. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    I'll bet they function like star bits in Mario Galaxy except with power ups. While Sonic is moving, the player uses the Wiimote/Stylus to grab them and mix combinations of them giving him different moves and shit.

17. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    Already looking better than Sonic 4 at least!

18. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion

Oh good, nobody needs to make a petition. But those eyes, man.

If this did play anything like Unleashed daytime, with the trippy, colourful, cheery art style seen in the trailer, I am going to be all over this. Hopefully, the boost bar may be limited to one of them Wisp types, seeing as they apparently give different powers. Who knows.

Wisp sounds familiar, somehow.

19. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
  20. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    I'm trying hard to not get excited over 20 seconds of trailer CGI but...damned if I don't think this has potential.

I've actually recently thought up a gameplay mechanic similar to this a few months back...this could get interesting. Keeping my eye on this one.

(Plus the music sounds like what you'd expect from a Sonic game, so it's awwwright.)