don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadic

Shadic

Olympia, WA
    Home improvement eternal
    Is it just me, or is the PS3 demo semi laggy?

Sorry if this has already been asked. Just got a PS3/downloaded the demo.

2. My demo works fine. Perfectly responsive...

3. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Speaking of unused areas do we have a summery anywhere that points out all the locations in the game we don't use or get access too? such as:

unfinished or unused areas on the retail game disc
    areas used in dlc
    areas not used at all

?

If not it might be worth us working on a list for the wiki. I know some areas were "fixed" or remade for the dlc while the older unfinished areas is still in the game, the water raising area for instance.

4. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    I don't think we have a list.

I'd propose four categories-

Unused/unfinished areas on the disc not used at all (Final Exam, etc.)

Unused/unfinished areas on the disc used in DLC (Water chamber in Adabat, etc.)

Unused/unfinished areas not on the disc used in DLC (only Mazuri Act 4-N, as far as I know, but probably more that simply never got screens)

Unused/unfinished areas within a DLC stage (see: the end of Mazuri Act 4-N, where there's level beyond the goal ring)

Has anyone found any sort of useful exploit for exploring as Sonic?

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I think that's because the PS3 version isn't capped at 30 fps. (the Xbox 360 version is)

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Which serves only to make pretty parts of the game prettier, and those parts with a poor framerate seem even worse.

7. Strangely, my copy for the PS3 has barely any framerate problems.
    I don't know why that is. A friend of mine who also has the PS3 version seems to have more inconsistent framerates though.

8. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

I think there was an update for the PS3 version that smoothed out the framerate, wasn't there? Before it would dip a bit but would also go up to 60fps from time to time, though this was rare. I think the update made it more consistently 30fps.

9. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

There is nothing back there, it is just an unused platform.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Likely intended to be the original goal ring location, but they felt it unnecessary and moved it to where it spawns now.

I'm more interested in those random purple mushrooms in Mazuri Night. Also, what of the unused objects, such as the crumbling columns in Shamar Night and the palmtree in Adabat Night? Those are at least a sentence or two in documentation.

11. Damn, I just realised how cheap the Unleashed DLC is....

£2.99ish That is a bargain for lik 3 or 4 daytime stages and 3 or 4 nighttime stages.

6-8 levels. Its pretty much got the same number of levels as Sonic 4 (maybe a bit less), yet it has WAY more production values.
    It goes to show, that when effort is put in, Sonic Team, can work wonders...

12. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    yeah 240 points for each pack on the 360 I think, never checked the later packs as I only bought the first DLC and while fun, wasn't all that great or re-playable to me. plus as a 20gig hdd owner each dlc was like 600mb! few gig of data easily.

I should go back and play unleashed more, only my brother plays it right now just to mess around as sonic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.