don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I don't think he's that bad an announcer, though I did end up turning him off to better listen to the music.

Of course, he does have the same problem that plagues all similar announcer chatter in video games: there's a point where you start hearing the same lines over and over again and it starts to be less enjoyable. Even MadWorld falls victim to this, and the chats between Kreese and Howard were probably the highlight of the game for me.

2. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    Just got this today, enjoyed what I've played greatly. I think it's sometimes easy to underestimate the reach of Sega's back catalogue - my cousin's only 13 but recognised Ryo and was thrilled to see Jet Set Radio representation in the game.

3. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    EVERYTHING.

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The commentary is pretty good. Yeah there are some repeats, but the announcer stays quiet most of the time.

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The announcer is one of the best parts of the game.

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    So, two things:

I joined an online race and chose to play as my avatar, when I heard the host (a 12-year-old whiny little shit) say, "Why do people choose anyone other than Sonic or Shadow? They're the best people, why choose anyone else? Stupid casuals."

He quit when I lapped him.

Also, there's a bug regarding Ryo-F: If one person picks Ryo or Ryo-F, neither Ryo nor Ryo-F are selectable for anyone else (intended; you can't have two Ryos on the track at the same time). Also, for all the computer opponents, there can only be one Ryo. HOWEVER, if a player plcks Ryo(-F), the computer CAN play as the other Ryo.

7. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I'm a bit sick of Whale Lagoon (jeez, does everyone on LIVE have to pick that course first/play it and only it over and over again?), though I must admit it is fun trying to get Banjo to jump one of the lakes at the beginning of the track and pull way ahead of someone in first you've been tailing.

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Ryo on his bike puts Shadow to shame.

I've tested this first hand on PSN races when I did about two hours worth with many people. I usually came in first by quite a considerable lead, even with Opa Opas, Alex Kidds and Shadow's present.

9. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    But the Bonanza Bros rule all, and always will.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Oh yes, I had some very good races with Bro players. We were usually the two far ahead of the other four to six racers present (usually almost all human)

11. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Higher quality (although squished) video of Death Egg Zone and Metal Sonic, including his stats.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX7xc2rW9jY

Damn, I can't wait for those to be made available again. My problem with ASR is that, although there's a lot of cool characters, none of them really made me think it HAD to be my main, other than Ryo if only because I love Shenmue; Metal Sonic could change that though, assuming I can get used to playing as a floating character.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    After seeing that video, I'm actually excited for the DLC.

13. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Interesting track layout, it's real good. No new announcer clips for the newcomers?

Oh also the loading for the ps3 versions seems longer then the 360, felt like it was 8 or so seconds slower.

14. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Death Egg is the first thing I've seen that made me want to play this. It's beautiful.

Wait, Banjo is actually in the game?

15. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
    In the 360 version, yeah.

16. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Looks more like Combine Citadel Zone, amiright?

But it is cool to see a fast flying character.

17. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    From my experience, it seems like the 360 version loads a bit more quickly but the PS3 version is a bit smoother.

18. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Yeah, it looks cool but doesn't remind me much of the Death Egg.

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Final Fortress didn't look much like the actual final fortress aside from the giant "tower"

20. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    I really hope that the reason that its not out yet is so they can add more lines from the announcer. But I doubt it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.