don't click here

Special Stage Development

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Canned Karma, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    It's looking good. Is there any chance to make the spikes more deadly? Like make them thinner or add mini spikes on the spikes. Even some thin neon ring, maybe red in colour at the base of the spikes for some artistic licence.

2. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Are we going to keep the Emerald hanging above your head but when you fail the 3th try? I imagined making it float away through the tunnel quickly when you are SO near touching it, unless there are more original solutions.

1000th post, bitches
    [​IMG]

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Those "spikes" aren't supposed to be what harms Sonic, anyway, but the explosions themselves. Those could be just proximity sensors for all we know.

I think they look fine like that. Without Sonic Adventure Eggman logo.

4. T.Q.

T.Q.

The Sims 2, Tim Drake [Robin] Member
    Maybe the spikes could look something like this:
    [​IMG]

Or maybe something inspired by sea mines, in regards to the spikes. Maybe the spikes could look like triggers too, except much shorter in length:
    [​IMG]

5. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    I know that. I just think that they can do with looking more dangerous. Much like the picture T.Q. posted up for inspiration. You can tell by just looking at those sea mines that they are deadly and you need to stay away from them.

6. This is absolutely perfect. I think changing it further would be a waste of time and energy. Feel free to disagree.

7. Hamneggs

Hamneggs

Official Breakfast of S2HD Member
    TEXAS
    Networked lighting
    This adds a similar amount of detail to extending sonic's frames did. And it looks like something that would actually be in an hd game. Personally I think the lighting could be a bit more dynamic, like a glass marble since the black texture seems to be so smooth, but other than that this has my vote.

And Trunks, it's perfect, but not awesome. Using Sonic himself as a point of reference once again, before his animation was smoothed he was perfect. Now he is even more so.

8. Here's some options. I've changed the lighting as best I can, these are raw renders, I imagine the reflections would work very differently inside the stage, as here, there's nothing really to reflect. I also realise not everything will be liked so, lets see how this goes lol
    [​IMG]

9. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    Damn, I REALLY like B and C... I'm drawn more to C for some reason though...

10. Conan Kudo

Conan Kudo

「真実はいつも一つ!」工藤新一 Member
    I don't really like A. Between B and C, I think I actually prefer B. Eggman seems egocentric enough to stamp his face everywhere...

11. dsrb

dsrb

I agree with this . . .

. . . and therefore disagree with this. :psyduck:

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    But that logo in "B" is from Sonic Adventure onwards...

I think some shiny round light would fit and look better as added detail in there.

13. Cerulean Nights

Cerulean Nights

Sonic 2 HD Sprite Artist Member
    If you were going to use any logo, I have already used the one from C elsewhere, so that would be the way to go. For the bombs though, I would prefer A, with no logo or anything on them.

14. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    I also prefer A. Purely for the fact that it might look overkill with all the bombs having a logo.

15. test-object

test-object

How about... I dunno... 1/3th of the bombs having the logo? Just a thought :/

16. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Just for a little fun - seeing as I seem to like plastering my avatar's face on everything anyway, lol

I couldn't figure out how to do a decent black outline around his face, so I had to leave it as white instead - but you get the picture.
    [​IMG]

17. I really like the spikes on this one. I believe this is the kind of subtle extra detail this project has been using. Much better than the "new era" logo, which has no place in here, IMO.

18. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    I wouldn't put a logo on the front of the bombs simply because it's something that will most likely go unnoticed during actual play.

19. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    [​IMG]

The more I look at this, the more it pleases me. The spikes like this give the bombs a more dangerous look than the other one.

20. test-object

test-object

bullshit. Anyone who ever played Sonic 2 will quickly notice the bombs look different. Reminder: they move VERY close to the camera.

EDIT: Also, agreed on post above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.