don't click here

Modern Sonic Remixes

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Skyler, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
  2. Penguin

Penguin

3. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01975/

I've been listening to this like mad, and it makes me think how different STH06 could've been if there were different design choices and more time for the developers.

4. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Wow, Bentley Jones got his start doing vg remixes? Maybe the people that Ruby Eclipse is spotlighting on the SEGA blog will actually make it into the game biz too!

5. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

On a side note, I think this thread is totally unnecessary. Couldn't this and the other Sonic remixes thread merge together?

6. Jace

Jace

Quite a few people on OCRemix have got gigs for composing video game music because of their works on the site.

7. Shadic

Shadic

Olympia, WA
    Home improvement eternal
    Whoah. Never heard the original. Just went and listened to it. The original is pretty good, not in my tastes, though. The remix is just amazing all around, though.

8. Jace

Jace

Hur, guess I can add something of mine now. Supposed to be some type of commercial techno remix of Splash Hill. Kinda over did it on the 'bridge' of sorts. MIDI of course n' whatnot.

9. Penguin

Penguin

It sounds like autotune incarnate.

10. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    I would say that I'm surprised that anything good could be inspired by '06, but then I'd be complaining about games I don't play. Still, excellent music. I saved it to my computer.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser

I like lurking Member
    Canada
    OCR at one point wanted to do the soundtrack for Sonic 4 as well. I remember reading about it in one of their newsletters when Sonic 4 was first announced. I know they did the music for a SSF2 HD remix.

12. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Oh God I hope OCRemix doesn't do music for Sonic 4 Episode 2...

13. Kaiser

Kaiser

I like lurking Member
    Canada
    I don't know I've always been a fan of OCR's remixes. Particularly the Sonic remixes from the early days of the site as well as the full album releases.

Anyone listen to the Hedgehog Heaven or Project Chaos remixes?

14. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    THIS. Ruby if you're reading this, please tell Sega that whatever they do, they shouldn't ask OCRemix to make music under any circumstance. Why? I'll explain this in the next quotes...
    This is true. OCRemix used to make very good remixes. And I, too, love the oldest Sonic remixes. But OCR's quality has been decreasing drastically over time. Nowadays they pull out crap for the most part. Also:
    Hedgehog Heaven was decent. Project Chaos heavily suffered from what I said above, newer remixes suck. Project Chaos sucked except for like 3 or 4 songs.

Seriously, Classic OCR is better than Modern OCR just like Classic Sonic is better than Modern Sonic :v:

15. I don't know if anyone would anyone would agree with me, but I kinda feel that the Sonic 4 songs are already remixes of themselves (they sound like a old game remixed to newer instruments/styles, not that it is good or bad). No need to do them again anyway.

Anyone with a little time and money nowadays can make a remix for OCR and get thousands of "g8 mix awsum dude" from people who don't actually listen to much game music.

16. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    For the most part it sucked, yes, but those few songs that were good were amazing.

Especially Knuckleduster.

But to keep this post on-topic, here's something so horrible that it shouldn't exist, but technically fits the criteria for this thread:

17. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition

:U

18. Darkon

Darkon

UK
    I actually find that more enjoyable than the version SEGA are pushing...

19. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    I... I found it sort of enjoyable to listen to. :(

Anybody know where I can find a good exorcist?

20. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I love this :O

Now to see if I can find an mp3 of it or if I'll have to keepvid this and split the audio.

edit: I see Marc himiself did it... /me fails

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.