don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    /me likes!

But you need more color =P.

Both are true =P.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yeah, I like it too. And it's new art for a Sonic hack, isn't it? I've not seen it used before. Don't you think that Sonic is too large when in a ball though?

3. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    I've received that comment many times and have been wanting to change it for a while—I just haven't got around to it yet.

4. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Oh now that I see it:

That's awesome, It would be 2x awesome if we could make changes to the playlist ingame, as you converted a fucking lot of songs it would be a nice extra to chose some songs to play on each zone, like on Sega All Stars Racing.

5. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    I definitely love these art you usually make. This is very impressive. I have no criticisms about it. Great work!!

6. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Maybe because it's ripped art :psyduck:

7. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    This wasn't what I mean. For better understand, I said that I loved what he does with their ripped art. By be ripped or not, every picture here has ripped stuff.

8. Tidbit

Tidbit

I've made some changes to the pallet, and added some stuff to the BG like Anime Master kept saying, hopefully you guys'll like it more this time around.
    [​IMG]
    The pic was taken mainly to show off the BG, so if you all want one with more of the FG just tell me and I'll get another up.

9. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    Needlemouse, Sonic Boom, Graphic Design
    What I'm going to say only is only directed at the foreground art in the picture. I really don't like to criticize things, and I don't want to come off as mean, but I'm going to be clear on this.

Your art is repetitive and boring to the eyes.

With some work it could be something nice to look at, but the colors in the foreground don't contrast enough, making it look too bland. Not to mention they look pretty flat. You should add shading to some spots to give it some depth.
    The direction you've headed with it reminds me of Chaos Angel zone from Sonic advance 3 just a bit, so maybe you could use it as reference.

I think you have the potential to make something great, so don't be afraid to mix it up a little.

10. Tidbit

Tidbit

I never thought of chaos angel but I'll check it out. I'll get started on redoing most of the block tomorrow Im wiped and need to hit the sack. I suppose three people is enough to get me to redo the art. I thank you for being honest, and atleast you didn't complain about the BG I hate making BG's.
    When I redo the art im going to try and keep it slightly the same, but I'll focus on making it pop out more, and I'll give it variety.

11. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Updated the bg a bit.
    [​IMG]

12. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    <!--quoteo(post=18351:date=Saturday 27th March 2010, 2:09 pm:name=MarkeyJester SSRG post)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarkeyJester SSRG post @ Saturday 27th March 2010, 2:09 pm) [​IMG]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That's good, and A nice decent set of evening colours, does this scroll/deform correctly in-game?[/QUOTE]

13. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Liking the new revamped background, Animemaster, the colours fit much better now whereas the old screenshot just had one random purple shade in the middle of it. Keep it up!

14. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    Freakin' awesome. But could be better if you add a bit of orange tons to the grass or a bit less of red in the BG. The art is excellent.

Nah, this is absolutely perfect. Absolutely... PERFECT.

15. amphobius

amphobius

life
  16. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    Very good! though maybe the grey parts in the foreground could use some kind of texture?

17. amphobius

amphobius

life
    If you want little vents, you'll have to wait. :colbert:

18. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I'm interest in how you rip those MMX tiles.

19. Your Knuckles object is broken—it's not the collision, I believe it's RAM adresses, I got around this when I ported the object myself (instead of using SOTI's broken port). Only thing that I didn't get around is the being able to glide after landing from a glide on an object. I think it's related to a flag or something.

Sorry SOTI, your object port is great, but it has a few issues. Please note that I never released a build of S2R with Knuckles' climbing properly working.

20. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie