don't click here

Random Hack/Mini Project Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Malevolence, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Grargh, yes, that's what I meant XD

2. Enemies may release an animal, but the capsule calls for the same animal object.

The game does have a check if monitors are destroyed (so they don't re spawn if they go off screen and you come back.) so you could potentially use that.

Both of them do however play one sound, so you could check if the sound has been played and kill the player if it has.

3. Make enemies explode when hit, hurting Sonic. :D

Then people will not hit them.

4. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I added Stealth Attack mode (using the explosion, points and animal object).

5. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Perhaps this is why Amy didn't get that much use in the 2D series (the pink texture given to everything is kinda cute though). lol

By the way, anyone got a good estimate of what Amy's stats would be in the Advance series (eg. speed, acceleration/deceleration, jump)?

6. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    In the Advanced series, she's not rolling when jumping (I.e. you can get hurt that way). But therefore you can use her hammer to destroy enemies.

7. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    "Hey what is your favourite color?"
    "Today is friday"

Way to say something correct but that isn't relevant at all to what it has been asked in the first place.

8. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Too lazy to look for base stats, but Amy accelerates at ~3/4 of the speed of Sonic, with a top speed of ~1/2. Down+jump propels her to full speed instantly, down+attack increases her jump height by ~1/4. But these are all just estimates.

9. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    New Super Sonic challenge!
    Start the level as Super Sonic and keep the transformation for the whole level.
    However, the ring drain frequency has been increased (starts at 20 instead of 60).

10. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    When I read this, I just had to do it.
    Of course, many levels are impossible to beat, but the complete GHZ (except for the boss) IS possible. I also did the same thing in special stages.
    Good luck. =P

11. I though Act 2 would be difficult because of that pit right at the start and because of the platforms that move up and down among the spikes, but I went through both just fine (I fell in the pit, but with some rolling and jumping it's possible to get out, and the platforms are easy to go through if you're fast enough and jump at the right times). I couldn't beat Act 3, because I kept going through the lower route which is full of spikes and bottomless pits. I didn't try again after the Game Over though.

12. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Jayextee asked me, and I was going to do something like this anyway, so I put a boost in Sonic 2. Press A to boost, you get invincibility and it drains rings at 4 per second.

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    He doesn't say "YEAH!" after I boost.

This is terrible.

14. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    the level design is terrible as well. Needs to be a bit more linear.

15. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Minor update to S2Boost:

16. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    That doesn't really make any sense (at least I don't get the point). :V

17. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    what I mean is that if you're going faster than the boost speed, your speed won't be set to the boost speed

18. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL

You mean Sonic 3-style, rather than Sonic 1-style? I.e. The speedcap only stops you from accelerating once you've reached that set speed, it doesn't automatically slow you down.

19. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    I mean that you won't ever slow down by boosting.

20. I got through Spring Yard Zone Act 2 and Star Light Act 2.

Can you all do it? :D