don't click here

The S Factor: Sonia and Silver

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Aquaslash, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    It's an improvement, but I'd like to see more gradient for the colours in the middle of the letters. Dither it to hell and back if you have to.

2. Ralbalboa

Ralbalboa

OH, MAN!!! No more intro/title screen sprites? They were so great! Well, this is nice too, but...
    By the way, after all these years thanks to you, just noticed the S factor, really funny:

Sonic
    Sonia
    Silver
    Scourge (didn't expect this one, almost wet my pants when I played with him)
    Shadow

Manic is the exception to the rule that all hedgehogs must have a name starting with "S". So, now my new revelation is... why aren't you making Sonic and Shadow playable (hidden) characters too?
    Excellent hack, AQUASLASH, really excellent.

3. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom

Who's to say he won't? :ssh: But who's to say he will?

4. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    If you had access to the Tech Lounge you'd know by now that the secret character is Scarred Sun. Not only one S, two of them!

5. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    And by that, Nineko actually meant Scarred Sun's avatar:
    [​IMG]

Thanks man :eng101:

6. T-Rae

T-Rae

Tryin' to get back into Sonic hacking... Member
    Maryland
    none ATM
    This hack is pretty good and I like the look of the new title screen. One thing I definitely like about this hack is the music, especially the themes of Emerald Chase and Ring Land. However, in my opinion I think the music for White Blaster acts 2 and 3 should be switched. The music for act 2 sound more intense for an act 3 level then the current music for act 3. Kudos, to who created the music and I would like to see more of this hack.

7. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Awsome stuff, the titlescreen looks very nice.

8. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Sonia vs A.N.N.

This vid was less about showing new things, and more because I felt like it (cause everyone on youtube sucks at this battle)

There are changes to be viewed though, mostly in the form of Sonia's upgraded moveset.

9. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    Thats a nice battle, although I think you should arrange the battle to be easy-medium-hard.
    ..And is that a floating eggman monitor?

10. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

Why yes, yes it is. :)

11. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I see that Sonia got some new frames, that she can do somekind of insta-shield and that she can use the tornado move the way Sonic does in Sonic 3D Rusty Ruins.

12. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

13. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    Since this thread is bumped and all...

...will Ring Land have actual animated rings in the art?

14. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Neato. I'm all for you making a full remixed soundtrack, sorta like what Howard Drossin did for Sonic and Knuckles.

Is the Nega theme an original tune you made by the way (sorry, it's just I'm used to hearing loads of ripped music or remixes in hacks but this soundtrack seems so well-customized and I haven't heard that many of the tunes otherwise).

15. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

They're both neat, especially White Blaster 3. Nice work, Aqua :)

16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Wow, I'm pretty blown away by the first one! You realize you could feasibly put that back in the real game, right?

Awesome work! :)

17. corneliab

corneliab

That Eggman Nega theme is brilliant. Totally fits the character.

Also, I'm a sucker when it comes to piano use in villain themes.

18. KMMouse

KMMouse

UK
    Cinos - Battle of the Order Gems
    I'm absolutely loving the Deep Core remix for White Blaster Act 3. Considering I love the original, this is a compliment of the highest order.

19. mdawgmike

mdawgmike

I must say I'm completely blown away by this hack. The levels...the moves...the characters. It feels just like "the darker side" of a Sonic game, and almost like a hybrid between that and something else I can't put my finger on. Also the perfect complement to Megamix. I guess I could do with less annoying music in Ring Land...but then again it's not my hack. Also Scourge's existence fighting with the "good" characters confuses me some.

On thing that has disappointed me is that it doesn't run too stable on the hardware. Not sure if it's been noted yet or not. I first tried with a MegaCart, and I made it to the first act of Chaotic Street...where it locked up somewhere in the middle of the level. I later tried with a Neo Myth MD cart, where I then only made it to the end of the first act of Ring Land...where I believe it locked up as it was loading the next act. This time around I got the following error code at the top of the screen:
    I don't know if this is the Neo Myth Cart writing it (as I got nothing when it locked up with the MegaCart), or if this is even of any use. I thought I'd post it just in case though. I'll just have to settle for using an emulator at the time being I suppose :v:.

Keep up the good work!

20. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

In order:

1. Ring Land's music has been changed since the release. Act 1 is more developed and fleshed out, and Act 2 is completely different. I think overall they're changes for the better.

2. The only two playable characters that are relevant are Sonia and Silver. Scourge, and any other characters that may show up are entirely bonus characters.

3. Currently the only issue on hardware is one with sound. Particularly PCM samples. I don't remember if the released version worked on hardware, but the next version most definitely will.