don't click here

Dreamcast Read Problems

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Agobue, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Agobue

Agobue

Jokes aside, whilst playing Sonic Adventure earlier tonight, the game has been acting rather old; stop at various cutscenes requiring me to power off the console and powering it on again. I assume this is a disc read problem, and if so is there a way to clean it?

2. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Does this happen to any other game? What does the underside of the disc look like? Are there any funny noises (other than the natural disc whirr noise) coming from the DC?

3. Agobue

Agobue

Aside from the motor of the lens moving, I don't think so. Perhaps the whirring noise of the motor changing in tone. And I've only got the one game, heh. The disc is a little scratched, but nothing that could stop the game from playing.

4. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    That isn't entirely true, even a minor scratch can cause read issues.

But I'd burn a DC disc and see how that plays.

5. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    ...Not really, it depends where the scratch is...and what file are you trying to acces (For example, a Utopia boot disc is just like 50kb's in size... so even if you scratch all the disk on purpose I'll work anyways.)

6. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    If it's the problem I've had a few times, just google for "dreamcast disc reading problem" and it should be easy enough to find a tutorial on how to fix it. however once it's fixed it won't remember the date and time.
    Also Elratauru, that nineko post in your sig amused me =P