don't click here

Bayonetta

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Did anyone get the code to try this game out yet? It's fucking fantastic, I had such a fun time playing it. Makes me really want to see this game released in the states. Probably for the best it's not out now, as I have no money to buy the game with =P

2. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    if you got a ps3, you can just import it from japan, its got all english everything option in it, makes you wonder why we have to wait :/

3. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I was turned off by this game.

Then I heard the soundtrack.

Getting it on release. Hopefully they're tuning up the PS3 release for the U.S side.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That was another thing I noticed, the soundtrack was simply wonderful. The first level was a bit overwhelming as far as difficulty, being some kinda dream sequence, but the next level was a lot more fun as far as the difficulty wasn't just evil D: Also that and it's the first level so it's going to be hard if you've never played that type of game before, and the closest thing to something like this I played was Sonic Unleashed D:

Luckily I'm getting the 360 version, the one without the problems. Overall this is an excellent demo

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    You can also get the demo by creating a Japanese Xbox Live/PSN account.

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I was watching a stream last night. Holy shit, the entire final chapter... music, scenario, boss... was pretty damn epic. There were a few times before though where I was going "Oh look, it's Devil May Cry 4 again" but I will say I like Bayonetta's answer to Dante's "Jackpot!"

"Don't fuck with a witch."

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I played the demo last night, it's kind of a strange game, but it was pretty fun. So, is her cloths made out of her hair or something?

8. Eggman Crusher

Eggman Crusher

Powered by the human fucking spirit. Oldbie
    Yeah. That's kinda a big part of the game.

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Now I know why one of my lesbian friends is so amazed with her.

10. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Still DMC with a chick that gets naked, but whatever, the soundtrack is nice and it plays well. I just don't think that it has any reason of existing as a series separate from DMC, considering how similar it is. They could just have made DMC5 and have Dante and her be the main characters, then we might have a good DMC2.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Apparently, the system is much more fluid than any of Devil May Cry's. I still wouldn't be opposed if Capcom and Sega got into talks to have the two in one game, but it's one of those bigger deals I doubt will float at all.

This is assuming Bayonetta succeeds enough in the West to warrant continuing. Devil May Cry 5 is almost assured. I'm not to worried about Bayonetta. Sega did a good tactical move by delaying it here into a doldrum period and it gives them a little more time to fix up some nagging issues, like the PS3 version's load times.

12. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Hell, I just don't GET why people are so horned up about Bayonetta. She's a fugly librarian with an over-abundance of hair.

I do love how they made her (presumably) hot simply for the hotness. It reminds me of Jason-movies, how they stopped giving a damn about how the victim's personalities are. They made them so pathetic that we just want to see their corpses. Same goes for Bayonetta. They didn't give 2 shits about her personality either, people just want to see her t&a.

13. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Bayonetta is an improvement over Devil May Cry for having a dodge that actually works.

14. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Except that it does work in DMC. The only gripe I have with it is that it tends to be kinda slow, which is fine on the lower difficulties, but becomes a problem when enemies become faster.

15. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I remember someone in irc yesterday mentioned that she has an attack in which she dances on the enemy with the ice skates. I couldn't find an youtube video of that (just a generic video of the ice skates combos, with no enemies though). Can anyone help me locate said video, please? As you probably know I have a trampling fetish and that would be much appreciated.

(trash if inappropriate)

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I realized something, you collect golden rings and this game is published by Sega. Kind of neat.

17. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Also, one of the moves is called the "Afterburner Kick", and they allude to Eggman in a cut scene.

18. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Apparently classic sega arcade games appear, reskinned, as mini-games through out the game.

19. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    To the people who have both a PS3 and a Xbox360:
    get the Xbox360 version. From what I've read, the PS3 one is a bad port which suffers from a bad framerate as well as lack of details into graphics.

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Sega's allegedly done some fixing up for the U.S. release. From what I hear, most of the complaints centered around load times. The graphics weren't terribly different. You'd have to be pretty damn anal to care about the difference there.