don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    My gosh, all this fuss over a damn VIDEO GAME? People, seriously. :psyduck:

2. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    True, true. Honestly reminds me of the "OMG OMG Make a petition to get Ryan Drummond to voice Sonic in Brawl" shit. It's JUST a game people.

3. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Hey, hey. Their threaths to burn the merchandise just fucked your campaign up.

Spread the word.

4. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    This was also my first thought. I'm merely amused by this campaign, no more, no less.

5. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Wait a second, what's this shit I hear about people threatening to burn their merchandise? What the fuck people it's just a CHARACTER.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I think the concern here is that the NiGHTS franchise had been put to an end. after JoD failed so miserably, SEGA don't want to have anything more to do with NiGHTS, apparently.

Personally, I don't really care. I don't care how respectable the heads on the NiGHTS community may be, how long they had known about JoD before the press or any of that. Not gonna disclose sources then piss off. I'll just sit back in amusement as both sides of this battle throw knives.

7. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Do we get to watch said burning if it happens? =P
    But yeah, it really is a HUGE fuss to make over a character. That'd be like someone burning every cardboard box they see when the MGS series stops (Not saying it will, just a comparison).

8. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Also, I question the thought process behind burning your stuff if what you wanted in the first place happens.

9. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    FOR FUCK'S SAKE, MAN, DON'T TEMPT THE GODS! I'm gonna have to burn my games, bandana, costume, my girlfriend's costume and stuff if that happens! Wait, I meant if it doesn't happen. Wait. What?

Anyways, I'd like NiGHTS to be in the game in some form, but the burning thing is idiotic, ESPECIALLY if they burn their stuff because he somehow did make it into the game. That's pretty counter-productive, not that the opposite would be productive at all. By all means, make SEGA aware that a lot of fans want NiGHTS in the game in one form or another, but drop the burning bullshit.

10. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    It isn't some kind of act of rebellion, it's to demonstrate how certain he is. He presumably has inside sources (wouldn't be the first time) and wants to demonstrate that this isn't based on conjecture.

11. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

True that, it's like I'll eat my hat if such thing happens threat. People took it more seriously because they started showing merch around.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Let's be honest here. No-one's going to be burning any merchandise whether they're right or not. =P

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If you burn all your NiGHTs crap and NiGHTs isn't in this game and they don't make any more games, you'll be left with none of the stuff you love, and that's just silly.

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    To be honest, if a NiGHTS revival means more Journey of Dreams, I'd rather it stay dead. Sorry, but the original was just so much more interesting and fun, as well as not being muddled by pointless story moments and American V.A.'s trying to sound British (...and failing. They drop the accent multiple times.)

15. Machenstein

Machenstein

I disagree. NiGHTS needs more British talking owls. I say we start a campaign to get Owl into the game instead.

16. Jof

Jof

Scotland
    Sonic Fantasy
    Someone hasn't understood the bet right.

The stuff get's burned if he IS in this game.

Confused ? STRANGE, ISN'T IT ?

17. Machenstein

Machenstein

That makes the bet even more messed up because even if DiGi is 100% right, him and TRiPPY are still risking the loss of all that merchandise. And either way it goes, someone loses. If NiGHTS ends up being a playable racer in the retail release of the game, they will have to burn all of their stuff. If he does not end up being a playable racer, TRiPPY and DiGi get to keep their stuff, but now we have no NiGHTS in the game. The lack of DLC will make the whole thing sting harder.

What bothers me even more is the general attitude everyone seems to have about NiGHTS being in the game at all. So, what, you can't bear to see NiGHTS in another game again just because you were underwhelmed by Journey of Dreams? Why should the rest of us have to suffer just because Iizuka and his team couldn't make an instant classic? Okay, sure, let's give Sonic all the chances in the world, but disown NiGHTS because of one mediocre game. I sincerely hope this isn't the logic Sega is using.

18. BtCE

BtCE

I think a lot of people here are missing the point: DiGi is offering to burn all of his merchandise if proven wrong because he is completely certain his information is correct. An odd way to emphasize a claim's integrity, I suppose.

19. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    That is the most fucking retarded bet ever.

20. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    "I am so certain that the thing I really want isn't going to happen, that I'll destroy my treasured collection in the event that it does."

Does this position prove the seriousness of the people involved? Yeah, I guess it does.

Does it genuinely help the campaign position? Not a chance. The hardcore NiGHTS fans will already have contacted Sega. Those on the outside just pour scorn on the grounds that it's "just a video game". Most of the less heavily invested NiGHTS fans (such as those here), those the campaign really needs to get on board, just seem opposed to the senseless destruction of vaguely cool stuff. That burning has become the sole talking point, and the threat of drastic action is proving detrimental to the cause.

Wrong move, I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.