don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    The opinion is shared with a large amount of people even outside the fandom. You're not the only one.

2. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Ha, only just noticed "I love Sonic!" on the door. GEE, REALLY?!?

Doesn't seem to have made it to the screenshots though. At least she wasn't obsessive enough to make the car shaped like him.

3. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    That would be HILARIOUS. Just a giant, round Sonic head with wheels for a car.

4. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Sonic's car is already shaped like Sonic.

5. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    I'm talking about a Sonic head on wheels as a car, not just a blue car with spikes.

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Catching up on this really makes me hope for Gillius riding a Chicken Leg. And I already mentioned I want the Edelweiss in here -- the super form is where one of the characters does her thing that's all spoilerific.
    PLEASE??

7. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Nah, she'd be driving a car shaped like Sonic lying on his back in a gimp suit,. Guess where her seat would be!

8. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I'm sure that car would be a stickshift only...

9. Jof

Jof

Scotland
    Sonic Fantasy
    Hi there, I'm dropping in from the NiGHTS fanbase, as just want to bring up a topic that's been slowly growing larger over this past weekend.
    Now, alot of you are going to tell me to shut up and quit whining about what I'm going to say, but here me out, we don't stir shit up for no reason.

We at Nightsintodreams.com (TRiPPY, DiGi and all us staff and forum goers), very very very firmly believe NiGHTS will not be making an appearence in Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing. We have good reason to believe this, and right now we are on a campaign to raise NiGHTS awareness throughout internet communities.

This is the same TRiPPY and DiGi that knew about JoD before anyone else, and knew what was going on behind the scenes. We know what we're doing.
    You might remember that we sent out mass-emails to Sumo Digital earlier this year, and that we got quite a reaction at Summer of Sonic. Well that was all well and good, and Sumo took it real nice and were dead friendly about it. But it doesn't seem to have got us anywhere.

"But shut up Jof, NiGHTS is guaranteed to be in, he's a staple SEGA Character, he was in Superstars Tennis etc. etc."

I know that. Trust us on this. We don't make a fuss over nothing. The last mail out was all in good fun, we just wanted to show our support, and I tell you this; the big boys noticed. We understand even Iizuka knew what we did.

This one is different. This is about NiGHTS as a franchise, as a character. After the poor sales of Journey of Dreams, someone up high in SEGA seems to have decided that enough is enough, and is trying to cut his losses. The only cameo NiGHTS has made since JoD was in Superstars Tennis (and that was pretty much only to advertise the game more). It used to be you couldn't walk 3 feet in a Sonic game without NiGHTS showing up, the last Sonic game to do so was Shadow the Hedgehog! If NiGHTS does not make an appearence in All Stars Racing, then I doubt we'll see him again.

So I ask you as neighbours, could you please lend yourself to us for 5 minutes, and help out a cause. You'll losing nothing from it.
    We're sending out e-mails again, but this time to SEGA themselves. They're the big boys, they decide what goes into this game, not Sumo. We have some e-mails up over at the following topic, but if any of you guys know somewhere else we can hit, we'd be extremely thankfull.

Don't Forget NiGHTS

10. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Any ideas what kind of vehicle NiGHTS would have if in the game? Of all the characters Sega have I'd imagine he is one of the hardest to come up with. Still, it'd be a shame if he/she/it didn't make it in.

11. Jof

Jof

Scotland
    Sonic Fantasy
    He could ride a bloody Unicycle for all I care, so long as he's in the game =P.

In all seriousness, some people thought it'd be cool to have him transform into the vehicle and have some Dreamers as the drivers.

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    He'll be flying, which will make Sonic-on-feet complainers punt a puppy.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...NiGHTS will be in, no matter what. No big deal.

14. Phos

Phos

Jof, someone needs to fix that banner, they cut off NiGHTS's feet.

It would be nice if they could have had some fun with explaining why Sonic is in a car. For example, they could have said that the officials couldn't find a place to install the restrictor plates.

The disappearance of NiGHTS references from Sonic can most likely be attributed to Iizuka no longer being in charge of them. He was among the last people at Sega to have worked on it. I have a hard time believing that Sumo would include Alex Kid and not NiGHTS. Alex Kid seems much more obscure than NiGHTS.

15. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Wasn't NiGHTS... I don't know... Accidentally confirmed already nearly 4 months ago?

16. Phos

Phos

The bit where the guy from Sumo at the panel said not any character who's name starts with an N was in response to the NiD.com members flooding their E-mail server a day or so before then.

17. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    So, what's with the drought of info? I'm bored with what we have. :/

18. TheGreen1

TheGreen1

Mmm, Sonic in a car? No thanks. If I wanted that, I'd go play Sonic Drift. Of course, this one might be good, but I'm not into Racing Games much. More interested in that new Sonic 2D HD game that Sega is teasing me about.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Everyone who's bitching about OMG SONIC IS IN A CAR ;_________; obviously hasn't actually PLAYED this game. I have - it's worth it.

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Sega's learned to keep quiet about their games so they aren't rushed due to hype.

I say good on them. Sega's usually been pretty bad with time on Sonic games... hell, this damn website started because of all the stuff they cut from a game way back in 1992. If this slows down their pace so they take the time to make the games as close to complete as they can without making it a rushed mess... see Sonic 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.