don't click here

(OLD - ARCHIVE PURPOSE) Items, Menus, Title Cards & Misc Art

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Hitaxas, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    You could rip them by yourself :p
    But I was bored so I ripped them for you:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

edit: yes, they do.

2. Agobue

Agobue

Thanks, appreciate it.

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Heh, Knuckles seems to have flesh-colored arms.

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Didn't he also in the S2 special stages?

5. SonarDragon

SonarDragon

So did Tails.

6. T.Q.

T.Q.

The Sims 2, Tim Drake [Robin] Member
  7. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    Huh, the stars are news to me, but I can do better than that grass on that platform. Fuck it, I think I'm just gonna do it.

8. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
    I shall have a bash at these.

9. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Haha, did these a long time ago... but I didnt like them anyways, to...red-ish to me xD

ACHIVEMENT UNLOCKED: Be in S2HD staff. (Love the achivement icons by the way xD)

10. T.Q.

T.Q.

The Sims 2, Tim Drake [Robin] Member
    I thought the red stars looked fine, especially since they're going to be swirling around the top of the starpost very quickly. If it's still not that great, then maybe make the center areas whiter, and that should be it.

11. Flare

Flare

Here is a current WIP of the Sonic thingy. I have hands to do, so suggestions would be nice since I have problems with them.

[​IMG]

12. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    If he's tapping his foot, I don't think he'd be smiling.

My intepretation was that it was a smaller version of the bored sprite, so maybe take inspiration from that? (Hands on hips, pissed-off face, etc.)

13. MaximusDM

MaximusDM

Sonic 2HD - Concept Artist Member
    I think his body and leg positioning are wrong. I interpret it as his chest is protruding forward with his rump sticking back with his legs then angled into it. Yours is standing straight up. The back foot should look more like a distinct profile of it. It looks too similar to his front foot. The back arm is in the same position as the front one, it just seems smaller do to the perspective. Its a funky perspective all around so I'm sure its tough.

14. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I'd rather him look happy.

15. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    I'd rather see him without a mouth. I always found that little schmuck emotionless. Also, go check out some (kawaii desuuuuu!!) chibi-drawings...

[​IMG]
    (do try giving him a classic round belly and less lighting sources in the eyes, please)

...come to think of it, now we got the possibilities, wouldn't it be more interesting to change the chibi-Sonic's positions? When we get to the "Continue"-screen, it WOULD look rather silly to see 5 identical cutesy Sonic's doing the exact same thing.

Also, Vincent, you're not done yet with the character sheet, you haven't made the Continue-screen laying Sonic yet... I think.

16. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    What The.. You're right Test!
    It won't take long framing them tough. ;)

---

Hey Flare, anything character related is something I always appreciate! ^^
    There are several fixes to address, so I'll list all of them here:

-The belly is not round enough
    -The belly don't have any shadow cast by muzzle.
    -The expression on the face should be "pissed off" instead of childish happy
    -The second spike is too pointy
    -Missing front head spotlight
    -The socks seems blocks, not following legs's angle.
    -As per hands, cute sphere-shaped ones will do.
    -Grab the Uber Standing frame on database as a reference per exact shading, and colours

Even if at the moment I'd prefer to see a broken monitor's frame, keep it going! ;)

17. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    On what grounds? Super-Deformed, chibi versions of characters are almost always made with the idea of making the character look cute, cuddly, and happy. test-object has the right idea in his example image that he posted.

Personally, the only problems I see are that the expression chosen is kind of weird and the spikes aren't properly "sharp" looking in terms of pointy edges.

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Me too. Also, his eyes certainly don't look like in his "pissed off" expression, but open wide. I think Flare got them right.

Perhaps this mini-Sonic should be treated as the precursor of the emotionless Tails Doll. =P

19. Flare

Flare

Well my thinking round it was, cause I have tried as mentioned, pissed off, and no mouth at all, but the problem I ran into with no mouth was it seemed as if something was missing, it looked off in my opinion. As for the pissed off, I don't understand that if you got a continue Sonic would be irritated, I know he taps his foot but I thought it was just to have some movement in the icon, since the other characters have the same icon animation yet they are not associated with foot tapping.

20. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    I think Tweaker has a great idea. We could take it a step further and have multiple continue icons play with each other so they could look like they're talking, slapping each other, pushing one down that causes the rest to fall over. We could have a bit of fun with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.