don't click here

General Project Screenshots/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Sparks, Jun 28, 2008.

1. The blue ball will be replaced. The above is just a placeholder for checking collisions and controls. I have several different Sonic models, including one of my own, which I am in the process of applying UV mapping. I am trying to make the game very efficient by using separate models for the display mesh and collision meshes, which is why there appears to be a ghost mesh in the second shot. Making two models for everything will take a considerable amount of time, which is why I don't know if this will ever be completed.

2. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
  3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Holy shit, that's slick as fuck! First fangame I've been excited about in a long time. :)

4. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    I love the graphics of the zones. Careful about the desert though, this concept that uses S2 desert with Oil ocean's plants is something used a lot.

5. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Looking damn neat. Seconded to Tweaker's statement. :)
    Out of curiosity, how long have you been working on this?

6. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Too long....

I know...I was one of the first, but it's been a while. Thats what I get for releasing screens :\

7. HighFrictionZone

HighFrictionZone

Hi. Member
    Katy, Texas
    Nothing
  8. This looks..AMAZING!

Can't wait to see more!

9. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Looks good and all, but there's a necessary question, is the SCD-style camera mandatory? Please, PLEASE have an option to use the normal camera behaviour, am I the only one who can't stand SCD's camera at all?

10. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
    I have to say I really don't care for SCD-style camera as well. But anyway, this looks absolutely amazing. Since I first heard of this game it was great and it seemingly gets better and better, can't wait till it's done.

11. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    Still using MMF? This looks good enough to make it for the Retro Sonic engine, if given permission. Course that makes it so you have to learn a whole new environment though..

Then again it looks like it works fine with whatever it's using now. :)

12. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    has it really been that long? Of course theres an option. After the hell I got about it a few months ago in the actual thread -_-

There should be a youtube video right before that one with the other camera option anyways

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq3BJnqxYxk...feature=channel found the video actually

13. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    [​IMG]

One of these levels are going to get scrapped...but Im having such a hard time deciding...

14. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Middle one reminds me too much of ristar

15. I'd say get rid of the second one, there's too many mashed-up graphics, and it just doesn't flow as well as the other two.

16. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    The first one is stolen from one of my old abandoned games years ago, and the third is from an old ass build of Classic resurected. I wish I had beta testers for the two levels :\
    The second one has an almost complete level done anyways, which rocks :3

17. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    I'd say scrap the first one, as those ground tiles (minus the grass/snow) are from my "GHZ Revisited" lib I did yonks ago. :U

Plus the other two just look.. better, and more complete.

18. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I don't really like the second one, most of the graphics don't seem to "fit" for some reason.

19. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    I don't like the number one

20. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Number 2, I don't really like it. I mean there is a lot there and it just doesn't fit. Edit: Also did you say you need Beta Testers? Could I possibly be one?