don't click here

Sonic Blitz

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    That is certainly a great improvement from the original version! I love the binds that modify the momentum variables and the removal of all the charm. Oh, and Sonic Unleashed-styled model and incredibly linear levels! Awesome!

2. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Yeah, the mod is impressive in a technical sense, but turning it into Sonic Unleashed is a major major "do not want". Homing attack I can probably live with, but the Sonic Boost really needs to die - it completely negates the entire point of the Sonic series "pinball" mechanics, where going downhill is how you gain speed instead of just tapping a "go fast" button... an aspect this engine already captured perfectly.

3. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
  4. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    The one thing I hate about this engine is that a bottomless pit is truely a bottomless pit (as in, you fall forever) I have to exit the game and go back in because I don't know what else to do in that situation!

Plus most of the stages I've seen revel in bottomless pits as well, making it even more frustrating.

5. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Press F1 to move Sonic back to the starting position.

6. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I'd really like to see someone make a fan game proper with this engine.

I would, but I lack the technical know-how.

7. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Looking at that "upgrade" pissed me off. It adds very little to the engine, the quality of the additions are half-assed, and the guy doesn't even bother to mention either Mark or Dami as the engine's originator. Very tacky.

8. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I didn't know a shitty paint job and going faster than necessary counted as a significant upgrade these days.

9. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I don't even know why I try.

Read the comments below the "news".

This "mod" has been out forever, and I can't believe people are just noticing it exists. Either way, my point is what I said in the comments section, about how this removes the whole point behind this engine. Of course, modern fanboys / retro haters would continue to hate.

Kids these days. Meh.

10. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I wouldn't let them get to you. I'm just as surprised that kids who think the new games are the epitome of gaming while the GOOD games are shit even exist, but I've seen them before (*coughKennethMorelandonYoutubecough*), and there's really no reasoning with them. Just ignore them, just as they ignore any argument that doesn't immediately support their point of view.

Unless they actually put forth logical arguments and are willing to accept your logical arguments, too, since that person is one worth having a discussion with. Good luck finding one of those - they exist, I'm pretty positive, but I can't name any off the top of my head.

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    How does one argue personal preference though? ("I found it more fun.")

12. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    Those little shits are just using the "old games suck" angle as their own form of payback. Kind of like "WELL IF YOU HATE MY FAVERTE GAME I'm GUNNA HATE YOUR FAVERTE SO THERE"

So yeah, just ignore 'em.

13. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    It's less of personal preference and more of the fact that they'll fully protect the new games without a thought about it, like it's in their blood or something, and give no real reasoning why they like it. That is why we have 11 year olds who think that Nextgen is the best game of all time, and bash S1-S3K without putting some real thought into it.

In other words, it's not me disliking someone's opinion because they like something, it's me disliking their opinion because their immaturity.

14. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    How come in every mod/hack, there isn't a single one that has a Sonic walking at a normal rate?

15. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I dunno. Most of the hackers have a preference for new-school Sonic, I guess? Sad, honestly. The audience it attracts is, in fact, the fans of the very aspects of the series the engine tries to shy away from...

16. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    ...which has been exactly my point. Why do so much new-fanboys love BlitzSonic so much? I told them myself that if they really wanted to make new-school stuff, they could take their stuff elsewhere and make their own engine. But the majority of them (minus BlitzSonic geniuses like Bagjac, sonicfreak94, Linksonic5 & Twilightzoney) are just some 12 year olds who are too lazy to build an engine themselves and would rather use something already made to put Shadow, Silver, or their stupid fancharacter with multiple variations of the Sonic Boost in.

We need to group up and make something good out of this engine. I'm being dead serious. Who's with me?

17. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    After reading that, I can't help but notice the similarities to religion. Try telling a Catholic that their religion is based on an inaccurate translation at best, and you'll get exactly the same response. Not that I'm advocating that, of course.

Has Sonic the Hedgehog really become a multi-sect religion?

18. MikeTH

MikeTH

Ohio
    I've never really payed attention to the Blitz Sonic Engine, as it wasn't in the section of the Sonic community that I normally pay any mind to. The same can be said for the other half of the Sonic community. More simply, it's not my piece of the pie so I don't fuck with it.

As for what I think of the engine, it's neat.

19. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    That sounds like fun. Count me in if "we" actually do something.

20. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I'm enjoying all of these upgrades, I hope something good comes out of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.