don't click here

The most annoyingly-placed badniks/traps?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Endgame, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master3k

Master3k

I still need to learn such path. =U *launchs up emulator*

I normally just catch any blue ball that appears in my way, really. Maybe I should fix that.

2. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I rarely have trouble with that part. The only Special Stage I have trouble with is the damn 4th Special Stage in Sonic & Knuckles. I don't even bother getting the rings there, while I get Perfect in everything else. I prefer losing one continue (which most likely I won't use anyways) than having to redo the Special Stage.

3. Dan Genesis

Dan Genesis

As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute Member
    Top Secret. Bitch.
    KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
    I don't know what's so hard about any of them

I can perfect all of Sonic 3's special stages and most of S&K's

And, let's not forget, I got 300 perfects in a row on Blue Sphere during our little tourny some months back.

4. Malgra

Malgra

Studium Member
    Is that the blue and gold coloured one with the rings in the centre of a square surrounded by bumpers and a row of the blue spheres? Yeah, that ones a pain in the ass.

Thankfully, on an emulator you can save states and then just retry it whenever you hit a red sphere so I got a perfect in the end. I lost count of the amount of times I tried though.

I think I can perfect all of the other stages though without many problems. And Master3k, that's just my technique too :v:

5. On the subject of special stages, Sonic 3, 4th stage (red and white checker), the bit between the two L-shaped parts of blue spheres.

6. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Yes, this one. If you don't go for the rings then it is quite easy, but if you go for them then it can become tricky to not fuck up when going back to the blue spheres.

7. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    what about the one at the top of the HUEG nut & bolt arrangement?

only way I've found to consistently dodge it is to drop back down.

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Take the lower route in act 2, and only pull on vines when there's an obvious blockage directly in front of you - if it's the other side of a pit, don't. You'll find it fairly quickly =P

9. Bryn2k

Bryn2k

Still a thing. Oldbie
    I thought the bastard death pit was near the end of Act 1? Or am I confused now?

10. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    We really need a link to maps of Sonic games in a front page post.

Well, here: http://www.soniccenter.org/maps/?url=maps

And, MCZ Act 2 map. The death pit should be pretty easy to spot. Amazingly enough, it's the first in a set of three such pits, but the other two pits have a way out. Why not this one? I would class it as an oversight.

[​IMG]

11. Otama Sanshiro

Otama Sanshiro

~Phantom of Blue~ Member
    I'll have to say the water from Ice Cap Zone. One dip and you're dead, especially Sonic. And the seesaw of barrels from Death Egg Zone.

12. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Well I have no idea how many times I've died trying to figure out how to use the hang-glider in Sonic 2 MS/GG's Sky High Zone 1!

I *think* I've got the 'hang' of it some times, but it sure is annoying trying to keep it upright without any logic to how the thing flies. AAAHH!

13. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    oh dear lord that^
    :psyduck:

14. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Hold nothing: speed up, slowly fall
    Hold up: slow down, you get pushed up a bit (or a lot if you get caught by wind)
    Hold down: slow down, you fall suddenly

15. Ice Sonic

Ice Sonic

Ice Cap
    No, I am not working on any hack, fanart, or website.
    lol, that's my favourite Special Stage in S3&K. I find it very easy now but I remember how many times after getting the rings I go back to the blue spheres and I ended up jumping over them and land in a red one. I actually had more troubles getting a Perfect in the 3rd and another one but I don't remember which one was it.

16. JDAdams

JDAdams

Aaaaah! You hold nothing at all to speed up! Thanks for that, I've found it very, very difficult to get that emerald in S2SMS v2.2 so far.

17. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    Really? I thought the controls were hold back to angle upwards (slows you down slightly) and hold right to angle downwards (speeds you up)

18. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    From experience, holding down actually makes you slow down horizontally, probably because Sonic is facing downwards too much to actually speed up. Then again, it's an instadrop x_X

19. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64

Hopelessly Lost in Aisle 5 Member
    Aquatic Ruin Zone Act 1 when you jump on the springboard against the wall underwater and those flies come out of nowhere.

That always got me. :/

20. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie
    That one badnik that drains your rings that you can't do anything about in Hydrocity. Usually gets me when I'm on the conveyors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.